Help with Relationships Thread

NSEP

This discussion has leaked on the What Funny/Interesting things happend in your life today. It definitely deserves its own thread.

Suggesting from the people who live on this forum this threads gunna be hot.

I had a relationship with a girl I loved.

But we lived very far away from each other, despite being in the same city, making it impossible for me to meet her.

In the end I lost her, completely, we stopped talking every evening like we usually did.

And I think that this is my fault.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:32 PM, cratercracker said:

I had a relationship with a girl I loved.

But we lived very far away from each other, despite being in the same city, making it impossible for me to meet her.

In the end I lost her, completely, we stopped talking every evening like we usually did.

And I think that this is my fault.

I have zero some experience in this area, but....

*Pats your back and feeds you chocolate*

:/

Edited by Earthlinger

Oh, so now we have a thread for this! I almost commented on WF/ITHIYLT? saying if that was made it would quickly become a huge thread but I didn't post it for some reason.

So, uh, I'm in high school and you know how that goes... Especially for space geeks... And my town is so small I'm pretty sure I'm the only space geek my age in the wole place...

And the girl I liked for a long while just came out as lesbian, so...

And there's this other girl but she has a boyfriend and lives three states over...

And there's pretty much no good spot to go on dates in this small town...

So, uh, yeah. :P I exist, contrary to popular belief...

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

And the girl I liked for a long while just came out as lesbian, so...

Oh...

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

And there's pretty much no good spot to go on dates in this small town...

The forest? Near a nice little creek and some food...? :D

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

Perfect.

Now we just need an actual person to be the date.... :D

Yeah, no kidding... I've thought (for a whole 30 seconds :rolleyes:) and I've got a telescope, forests, a hopeful ISS flyover, decent weather, and an abandoned building I may or may not use, but nobody to go with...

I might go by myself at one point, sounds fun.

The girl i like is kinda shy. Making contact 200 quintillion times harder. We text each other every now and then, but that is not exactly what im craving for. I prefer to listen to her wonderfull high girly voice and stare at her adorable pearly eyes make contact with sound waves, and not with invisible waves of light from kilometers of distance.

Its not that me and my crush are really separated, but its because i am terrible at it this stupid game called Real Life, even though i play on easy mode.

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

The girl i like is kinda shy. Making contact 200 quintillion times harder. We text each other every now and then, but that is not exactly what im craving for. I prefer to listen to her wonderfull high girly voice and stare at her adorable pearly eyes make contact with sound waves, and not with invisible waves of light from kilometers of distance.

Its not that me and my crush are really separated, but its because i am terrible at it this stupid game called Real Life, even though i play on easy mode.

You could chat about your common interests. That seems like a good place to start.

4 hours ago, cubinator said:

You could chat about your common interests. That seems like a good place to start.

Yeah! Good idea! Most of my interest are hard to talk about, but ill find something. Thanks!

2 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

Hahaha

Me? Relationship?

Unlikely at best

One day.....

8 hours ago, cubinator said:

They don't even have to be common - just interesting. Either of you could be into something that the other finds really cool but either doesn't know much about or hasn't found anyone to talk about it with.

Being able to enthuse about random topics, geeky or otherwise, is a big part of what attracted me to my now wife - and vice-versa. Like the time we went to a talk on bats and neither of us could believe the talk wasn't a lot better attended. Because who wouldn't want to learn about bats and see them close up!

(On a different note, I was also able to enthuse about landing Jeb on the Mun that first time. :) )

Dating though - urgh. I never was much good at that.

Edited by KSK

@NSEP I have read many of your posts and It is my opinion that you are an intelligent and thoughtful young man so the best advice I can give you is to be yourself and be comfortable about yourself. 

Is your crush interested in art or literature? Because you are very talented - If so, maybe ask her to a gallery or a reading.  I think if you can find common intellectual ground then emotional content will follow but I feel you should take it slowly and let it develop naturally because as young men we sometimes intimidate young ladies by being too eager.

I still remember that feeling of yearning when I was learning about love (I'm 44 - married 16 years) and I'm sure everyone goes through it in one form or another.  These feelings are natural and it may cause you heartache or pain but it is an important part of becoming an adult.

None here, mainly because im homeschooled and spend 99% of my time inside my house, working and messing with spectroscopes and astronomy, and the 1% at the grocery store.

I haven't ever been in a relationship. I went on like three dates in high school, but nothing really came of it. I'm still young, though, so who knows?

All I really need is someone who's nice and willing to binge watch sci fi shows (Star Trek, Stargate, and more) with me.

I have interacted with members of the opposite sex. Never a serious relationship though. So... yeah. I'm just gonna get popcorn and watch things play out.

tenor.gif

I mean no offense, but I kinda like watching these things play out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.