KSP in Rocket League

This is probably a suggestion for Take Two Interactive since they own the rights to all things Kerbal.  They haven't made their presence felt here on the forum, so I don't know how to make this suggestion to them. I suppose I can tag @SQUAD and hope someone sees it.

Rocket League is a hugely popular videogame where you essentially play football/soccer or ice hockey with cars.  You are awarded little decorations for your cars, including such things as flags and baubles that are mounted to the antennae, and "toppers" which are decorations for the roof of your car.  Some of these decorations are thematic, such as Community Flags (Reddit, IGN, Penny Arcade), NBA Team Logos, Country flags, and items from other videogames.  Here is an example image of the videogame baubles and flags that are featured in Rocket League which appear on your car's antenna:

rXGUFPX.jpg

Here is a thread on Reddit, asking if people in the Rocket League community would want KSP associated baubles and flags: 

This seems like a fantastic, no-brainer marketing move.  I suggest Take Two Interactive contact Psyonix, Inc to discuss how to get the KSP flag and a Jebediah Kerman bauble included in this game.  If Goat Simulator can afford to get their items in Rocket League (presuming it costs the IP owner as "advertisement"), there should be no reason KSP cannot.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by klesh

So, no one has an opinion as to whether this would be a wise marketing move, a fun addition to Rocket League, or any thoughts one way or another on the subject?  Okay.  I saw the post on reddit (which I didn't create) and figured you guys would at least have an opinion.

1 hour ago, Firemetal said:

Don't play Rocket League but I know of it...

Thanks for your reply.

Its a pretty popular game. Here are some steamchart stats:

nRFsXnz.png

DHiiXyc.png

Of course, many people play KSP not on Steam, but "advertising" with a flag or a bauble on Rocket League might get a new person asking "whats KSP?".

10 minutes ago, klesh said:

Thanks for your reply.

Its a pretty popular game. Here are some steamchart stats:

nRFsXnz.png

DHiiXyc.png

Of course, many people play KSP not on Steam, but "advertising" with a flag or a bauble on Rocket League might get a new person asking "whats KSP?".

One of those KSP players was MEEEEEEE! :D 

• 2 months later...

I'd like to get one.
I have a question, since it was possible to create such an "antenna", is it possible to create your own items / antennas in Rocket League?
Items to Rocket League you will find in crates, crates you earn for the game. However, it does not matter how well you play or what your rank is, the time you play is important. You can really drive a car and do nothing, and you'll get crates anyway.
However, the number of crates is random, what crate you draw is random, and crates is more and more. Champion Crate 4, Champion Crate 3, Chapmion crate 2 and Champion Crate 3, you can get them, and you can also buy them on Odealo.
Turbo Crate, Nitro Crate, Velocity Crate, Haunted Hallow Crate, Secret Santa Crate, player's choice crate and still new crates appear.
Get back with new crates there are new items for Rocket League such as White Zomba, TW Zomba, Heatwave, Reaper, antenna
All can be bought and I buy Rocket League Crates

It's very useful for people who have little time and want to have fun with opening crates, then the keys are also useful.

Edited by Wtryno

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.