Quicksave messes up aircraft design (1.3.1 x64)

So...had an interesting experience. I decided to make a quicksave for my Cutlass look-alike, and of course, borked the landing. Well, this happened when i reloaded...

screenshot1.pngter..

yeah...the landing gear was straight when i took off, as was the pilot seat...er....what?

Edited by exbyde

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

So...had an interesting experience. I decided to make a quicksave for my Cutlass look-alike, and of course, borked the landing. Well, this happened when i reloaded...

screenshot1.pngter..

yeah...the landing gear was straight when i took off, as was the pilot seat...er....what?

Is it still bent when you go back to sph?

18 hours ago, exbyde said:

I've had this happen too on a tiny 0.625m shuttle I built. It's some type of interaction with the landing gear autostruts, and it happens more pronouncedly in tiny craft.

My guess: it's because when reloading the craft (focus back or quickload) the gear autostruts try to relink to 'heaviest part' which is no longer the same after you spent a large part of the fuel. The way that autostrut relink works at the moment seems to apply forces already before all the parts are fixed in place, small enough to not be noticeable with large craft, but with tiny craft it's enough to bend the whole setup.

Iow: it's a bug in the stock game that happens with tiny craft with landing gear, and if you have a way of reproducing it reliably, please post it in the KSP bug tracker.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.