I've been working on tanks lately, and I thought that, hey, what if you could flip a tank with another tank's cannon? 

Rules:

1. The tank that you are flipping needs to survive with no or minimal damage

2. Both vehicles need to have 6 (at a minimum) wheels

3. Both tanks must have a cannon weapon (not a high powered gun)

4. Weapons MUST be from BDArmory

5. The tank to be flipped MUST be upside down or on its side, not just a little hop.

Have fun and post the results in the comments!

Edited by Dragonwarp

On 12/1/2017 at 3:42 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!

I might try this, I’ve got quite a few tanks lying around.

Waitasec, "Quite a few"? I get the feeling I'm not the only one who set kerbin on fire. . .

Well then. I have found people with more weaponry than I have. . . NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!! Maybe, if I remember to stop setting up that comunications net. . .

and so messing with B9. . .

NO! B9 HAS HUGE PIECES, SO I'LL MAKE A HUGE INTERPLANETARY WARSHIP!!! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

Edited by Dragonwarp

So far, my efforts to complete this challenge have been stymied by the fact that I've built my tanks much too realistically to flip. Too wide, too low, too angular. Best I can do without causing a lot of damage is to make it slide sideways a little. Can I go a little more... unconventional with tank designs, @Dragonwarp?

Edited by Samwise Potato

23 hours ago, Samwise Potato said:

So far, my efforts to complete this challenge have been stymied by the fact that I've built my tanks much too realistically to flip. Too wide, too low, too angular. Best I can do without causing a lot of damage is to make it slide sideways a little. Can I go a little more... unconventional with tank designs, @Dragonwarp?

Yes. The tanks don't have to be realistic. For example: Tank with lots of space below it? sure. tank with 5 foot thick armor? why not?

also, you dont need to hit it straight on. you could have a tank with tons of armor on the bottom and hit the ground below it. 

Doesn't really matter where I shoot, I've just been building heavy bricks of armor in conventional shapes, and they don't flip well. I ask about unconventional designs because I've got an idea for a half-sphere that rolls onto its flat top without too much effort. Narrow wheel base, rounded angles, should hopefully flip nicely.

My other thought was to build a VTOL that could carry the tanks to the top of the VAB, and shoot one of them off the top. :P Maybe I should do both?

19 hours ago, Samwise Potato said:

Doesn't really matter where I shoot, I've just been building heavy bricks of armor in conventional shapes, and they don't flip well. I ask about unconventional designs because I've got an idea for a half-sphere that rolls onto its flat top without too much effort. Narrow wheel base, rounded angles, should hopefully flip nicely.

My other thought was to build a VTOL that could carry the tanks to the top of the VAB, and shoot one of them off the top. :P Maybe I should do both?

Sounds cool. Though both would be slightly insane awesome! Please post the results, 'cause that sounds awesome.

Edited by Dragonwarp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.