Hello!

Kermagerd

Hi! I came back to play KSP after a year and a half, and i'm enjoying it now more than ever. I've read in this forum for help a lot, which by the way, seems to have a nice community, but never got to register until now. 

I will be posting a couple of very kerbal space adventures shortly, where you'll get to know how poor my mission planning can get :P

I have some quick questions too: i have now 5 million funds, i've unlocked like half of the tech tree -not able to make even rovers right now, and i keep taking contracts for Mun and Minmus, is it worth to delay my interplanetary adventure until i unlock the whole tech tree, or will it be too time consuming? Maybe i should try and reach at least some planet? From what i know, Duna would be the easiest to get to, right?

Thanks and nice to meet you!

I send uncrewed probes to the other planets as soon as I can, but do not send crewed missions until I have cleared the whole tech tree and can send deluxe ships. But that's just my play style. :) You can do it that way or not. 

Welcome to the forum. 

Hello...

I would focus on establishing a refueling outpost on Minmus before venturing forth to other planets.  But that may just be more related to my play style and dislike for leaving poor green folk stranded.

Thank you guys for the answers and warm welcome! 

9 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Hello...

I would focus on establishing a refueling outpost on Minmus before venturing forth to other planets.  But that may just be more related to my play style and dislike for leaving poor green folk stranded.

I can relate to that, i feel like having bases in both satellites before venturing outside the kerbol system. I'll follow that path for now and see how it goes!

2 hours ago, Kermagerd said:

Thank you guys for the answers and warm welcome! 

I can relate to that, i feel like having bases in both satellites before venturing outside the kerbol system. I'll follow that path for now and see how it goes!

Minmus is very easy to land on... and has nice very flat dry lakebed equatorial areas where you can leave a mobile refinery to drive over to your landed craft to refuel.  You can then depart minmus without even establishing an orbit and leave Kerbin influence area.  For my craft, this doubles the Delta-V available for interplanetary trips when compared to a Kerbin departure.

My refueling base is nothing more than an unmanned ISRU truck that just roams the Minmus sea landing area.