Set EVA Hatch Priority

On parts with multiple hatches, like the Mk 3 passenger cabin, it would be nice if there was an option to set a priority for which hatch the Kerbal will go to on EVAs.  Alternatively, the menu could give you an "EVA to..." option and then allow you to select a hatch.

I say this because every time I put science instruments near one hatch, and send out a kerbal to reset the experiments or whatever, the kerbal will inevitably try to EVA out the other hatch.  I guess I could permanently obstruct the other one with something, but that would a safety hazard.  And we can't have that.

14 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Can't you just click on the hatch and EVA the kerbals that way?

Oh my goodness, I never knew that was an option. I've tried right-clicking on the hatch but it never occurred to me to regular-click it!  Thank you kind sir.

In light of that revelation, this is obviously not so important.  But still might be nice for those who EVA using the little portraits in the corner.  

4 hours ago, Aegolius13 said:

But still might be nice for those who EVA using the little portraits in the corner. 

Especially since on vessels with multiple crew compartments it's easy to have a scientist sitting anywhere but in the compartment that has the instruments next to its hatch and EVAing that particular scientist sends him out through the hatch of his own compartment.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:27 AM, Jas0n said:

Given the seat is well ahead of the door does this let you EVA a Kerbal in a MK1 cabin via the MK1 cockpit without making the pilot get out first?

On 01/12/2017 at 3:27 PM, Jas0n said:

Yes, i always do that, but its still pretty nice to have the ability to choose the main hatch. So you don't have to pan and move the camera round for all ya lazy people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.