A.I. Kerbals in EVA AND IVA

Hello, I'm new to the forums I don't know if I'm putting this in the right Place but anyways, I have a suggestion for Kerbal Charachters. I suggest that all windows become clear so that it is easier to see inside. I also suggest that Kerbals should be  re-textured for IVA so it seems more like they are living in the station and not just in a chair. For EVA I suggest that if you put a Kerbal on EVA it will stay within 5 meters of of the craft and preform EVA Activites free of charge to EVA Propellant. The reasons I suggest this are that it would make the station seem more alive and less dead. Finally I think that lights for habitable modules would be great. (Such as Labs, hitchhiker quarters, capsules, etc) I know their are mods for this but these do exclude console players which will be able to play again with the January Release. Please leave your opinions below so that the SQUAD staff can see this. 

17 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Hello, I'm new to the forums I don't know if I'm putting this in the right Place but anyways, I have a suggestion for Kerbal Charachters. I suggest that all windows become clear so that it is easier to see inside. I also suggest that Kerbals should be  re-textured for IVA so it seems more like they are living in the station and not just in a chair. For EVA I suggest that if you put a Kerbal on EVA it will stay within 5 meters of of the craft and preform EVA Activites free of charge to EVA Propellant. The reasons I suggest this are that it would make the station seem more alive and less dead. Finally I think that lights for habitable modules would be great. (Such as Labs, hitchhiker quarters, capsules, etc) I know their are mods for this but these do exclude console players which will be able to play again with the January Release. Please leave your opinions below so that the SQUAD staff can see this. 

I get what you're saying about EVA, however I also think being automatically tethered inside a 5 metre distance with no propellant being used takes away the feeling of being EVA. Ultimately, either in real life or KSP,  stepping outside your craft is risky, so why remove that "risk/fear factor"?

2 hours ago, maceemiller said:

I get what you're saying about EVA, however I also think being automatically tethered inside a 5 metre distance with no propellant being used takes away the feeling of being EVA. Ultimately, either in real life or KSP,  stepping outside your craft is risky, so why remove that "risk/fear factor"?

No you are not in control A.I is so when you come back to your craft is feels more Alive

I have wanted this for years. I do not have much hope left for it though.

It might happen with KSP 2.

I support your suggestion. My preference would be for kerbals to be able to go from a craft to science experiments, check them all then return and repeat.

It would allow science over time, something sorely missing from EVA ground based science.

Edited by John FX

Some Kerbal AI could be nice, but it would have to be something that you could switch on/off on a per Kerbal basis. It would be really annoying if they just started wandering about after a period of idle time, ie if you've got a group of Kerbals waiting in place so you can move a large object with KIS and one of them just wanders off. but on the other hand if you could set instructions, like hold relative position to a specific part or another Kerbal, then that would make some KIS construction easier.  

Yes Exactly but only experiments on the outside so it just seemed for alive. When you do to a station that is on the dark sid elf a celestial body it looks abandoned no lights no nothing. Just a bunch of parts docked. When you go inside all the kerbals are in suits and locked down in seats like a mental asylum, it needs to be more alive. I dont care if you can IVA (although that would be great) I don't even want kerbals to leave their Part their in I just want them to float around and be kerbals (fly around without reason) Open calisters once in a while just be alive and not a mental asylum with no lights.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.