Any writers around here?

Matuchkin

First of all: yes, there are obviously writers around here, that's why I am creating this thread in Mission Reports and not the Lounge. (Hint, hint, moderators, please don't move this thread).

As not very many of you know, I and a team of guys are trying to create bda "campaigns" for KSP: i.e. a series of KSP scenarios outlining the story of a single pilot during a military conflict. Naturally, we would need a writer to join our group, in order to express the storyline for such scenarios. Here's an example, expressed in two possible styles because why not:

- Documentary: i.e. "In October 12, 1983, a U.S. SR-71 Blackbird was shot down by a missile as it was patrolling over Novaya Zemlya. The coordinates of the launch were reported, and the following morning two F-18 Hornets took off from the U.S.S. Carl Vinson, armed with six AGM-65D Maverick laser-guided missiles.

- Story (the preferred option): i,e, "We never got the full story; all we were given were coordinates and a mission, as usual. When the first rumours of the impossible reached us, we knew the day was going to be longer than we originally anticipated..."

So are there any willing volunteers? If you are willing to join us we will join you to our PM discussion and hand you the details of the first campaign of our project.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zdVr1383425WMTnQ8X-5iP9yNxtq5KKi59lSEFBoz50/edit\

The above link leads to a demo campaign, which will be the first thing we release. The first 3/4 of the document consists of stats and rules for my team to work with, so that section has nothing to do with writing. The section of interests for the writing community is the very last one, in which the campaign is roughly outlined.

Edited by Matuchkin

I can't speak for everyone, of course. But having read a lot of the threads and comments posted here, I get the impression that writing war stories and military reports is just not everyone's cup of tea. 

There are a few exceptions though: @DarkOwl57 has written several stories based around war on Kerbin, and @adsii1970's story also includes military characters and some combat action, I believe.

You may be better off crowd sourcing the stories?

I think I speak for quite a large subset of people who are casual writers when I say I might be willing to type up a few, but I can't commit to joining the team or anything.

If you outlined what you we're looking for more specifically as a list of missions that needed story context, I'm sure you'd get some submissions. Furthermore if you are looking for a "first person" writing style it may make it more believable if stories are written by different people with different styles for each mission. Best of luck!

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

I write sometimes, and it sounds like an interesting project. I had a milSF series running on reddit for a little while, but I had to back-burner it for grad school, so I wouldn't mind having something a bit less elaborate to work on for a while.

2 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

If you outlined what you we're looking for more specifically as a list of missions that needed story context, I'm sure you'd get some submissions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zdVr1383425WMTnQ8X-5iP9yNxtq5KKi59lSEFBoz50/edit\

The above link leads to a demo campaign, which will be the first thing we release. The first 3/4 of the document consists of stats and rules for my team to work with, so that section has nothing to do with writing. The section of interests for the writing community is the very last one, in which the campaign is roughly outlined.

This same comment will be posted in the OP.

Edited by Matuchkin

26 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I tried to.

Image result for well you tried gif

Sorry, it's just that my choices are based on various other factors as well, just general opinion, reputation amongst writers, etc. Again, I apologise.

Edited by Matuchkin

13 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I tried to say something!

Sorry, I'm gonna try to find any content you have to see if you are good for this. Just keep in mind that we can only have one author.

Wait. You have no threads. Sorry...

Edited by Matuchkin

I'm ready. Had past experiences with writing. Wrote Advancing Through Hardships early this summer. Only major story that caught on though. Willing to have a second try at fame. It was a 1,000 views story which gained the attention of Just Jim. I can be a sucker for romance, crazy plot twists, and spaceflight. 

Edited by Alpha 360

On 12/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, Alpha 360 said:

I'm ready. Had past experiences with writing. Wrote Advancing Through Hardships early this summer. Only major story that caught on though. Willing to have a second try at fame. It was a 1,000 views story which gained the attention of Just Jim. I can be a sucker for romance, crazy plot twists, and spaceflight. 

Sorry. The position is filled. :( 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.