[1.4.1] K.E.A.M. - Kerbal Expandable Activity Module

bcink

zAbj1y7.png

This thread has moved! KEAM has merged with KA-330 to become "Kerbalow Aerospace."

Please visit the new thread:

Welcome to the release thread for Kerbalow Aerospace's Kerbal Expandable Activity Module

As you may have guessed, this is a re-creation of the BEAM module from Bigelow Aerospace.

The KEAM module is, at stock scale, 1.25-meters. As such, it will fit with any 1.25-meter docking port you wish to attach to it.

The module fits stowed into any 2-meter payload pay by both upper and lower attachment nodes. 

This is an animated inflating/expanding module. Do NOT attempt inflation/expansion while anything is still attached to the bottom node. 

The bottom node is only there for payload stowage purposes.

I also take no responsibility for any problems with your save games related to this part (there should be none...)

gPXZLVb.png

Features:

4x Unique Science Experiments

• Distributed Impact Detection System
  • Deployment Dynamic Sensors
  • Wireless Temperature Sensors
  • Radiation Environment Monitor

Kerbal Inventory System Storage Space Compatibility

Connected Living Space Compatibility

Tweakscale Compatibility

KEAM is 100% Dependent upon Textures Unlimited by @Shadowmage

Installation:

Extract the contents of the GameData folder to your GameData folder. Structure should then read GameData\KEAM

Optional Connected Living Space Compatibility Installation:

Place the file KEAM-CLS.cfg inside the OptionalConfigs folder into the GameData\KEAM directory

Optional Tweakscale Compatibility Installation:

Place the file KEAM-tweakscale.cfg inside the OptionalConfigs folder into the GameData\KEAM directory

K.E.A.M. is also compatible with Kerbal Inventory System as well as Kerbal Attachment system.
Please visit their respective websites to download those add-ons or acquire via CKAN.

Download      lya77iI.png      Download      CtSw3OH.png

A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU TO:
@CobaltWolf, @Nertea, @Shadowmage  and all the other devs who continue to be an amazing part of the mod process!

7m8gBII.gif

KEAM is License CC-BY-4.0

Edited by bcink
KA-330/KEAM Merge to Kerbalow Aerospace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmm. Is it normal for the four experiments to provide no science points? I mean, it's attached to a station right now, so turning the experiments into actual science isn't terribly hard... just surprising.

Science *should* work - The only stipulation that should be in play is that the KEAM must be crewed to use the experiments. If it still isn't providing science at that point there may be some issue that needs investigating

14 hours ago, bcink said:

Science *should* work - The only stipulation that should be in play is that the KEAM must be crewed to use the experiments. If it still isn't providing science at that point there may be some issue that needs investigating

Oh! I didn't see anything regarding the need to be crewed. Easy enough to fix. :)

EDIT: Hmmm. I tried Jeb, Bill, and Bob... No luck with any of them. Oh well. Time to grab the data and stuff it into the science lab. :sticktongue:

Edited by MaverickSawyer

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:15 AM, MaverickSawyer said:

Oh! I didn't see anything regarding the need to be crewed. Easy enough to fix. :)

EDIT: Hmmm. I tried Jeb, Bill, and Bob... No luck with any of them. Oh well. Time to grab the data and stuff it into the science lab. :sticktongue:

This might be related to scienceCap being typod to scienceVap in the config file. Update 1.4 will have that change.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Jhaxxar said:

I can not seem to find the reference to the fix of the PINK K.E.A.M. I saw one once but can not find it now. So is there a FIX for the PINK color?

First I heard of a pink KEAM. Did you install TU?

7 hours ago, Jhaxxar said:

I can not seem to find the reference to the fix of the PINK K.E.A.M. I saw one once but can not find it now. So is there a FIX for the PINK color?

Howdy! 

I don't think I ever got a reply back as to what the fix was, if it was ever found out, though I suggest trying a different version of TU and see if it changes anything.

Bcink..........I upgraded to TU V1.1.2.14a and the KEAM is STILL BRIGHT PINK.

Hope this shows up

000_TexturesUnlimited

000_USITools

CommunityCategoryKit

CommunityResoursePack

ConnectedLivingSpace

Firespitter

HabitatPack

KAS

KEAM

KerbalEngineer

Kerbalow

KIS

LayeredAnimations

MechJeb2

NearFutureProps

ProceduralFairings

RemoteTech

Squad

SquadExpansion

TweakScale

UmbraSpaceIndustries

ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

20 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

Hope this shows up

Are you running on 1.3 or 1.4?

20 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

Hope this shows up

Right off the bat I can tell something is wrong because you have both a KEAM and a Kerbalow folder....

Structure should read:

KRonLfR.png

Edited by bcink

BCINK....Thank you for pointing me to the correct direction. Found the problem. The new Kebalow-Aerospace-1.4.0 has both KA330 and KEAM under the GameData folder Keralow. The problem was I also had a seperate KEAM file in my GameData. Taking the extra KEAM file out solved the PINK KEAM.

1 hour ago, Jhaxxar said:

BCINK....Thank you for pointing me to the correct direction. Found the problem. The new Kebalow-Aerospace-1.4.0 has both KA330 and KEAM under the GameData folder Keralow. The problem was I also had a seperate KEAM file in my GameData. Taking the extra KEAM file out solved the PINK KEAM.

Cool! You bet. Glad you got it working!!! Enjoy :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.