[WIP] Deep Space Surface Habitat Unit Pack - 1.10.1

bcink

1 hour ago, Aerospacesmith said:

Wow! This is beautiful. Downloading now.

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

One comment, looking at the mod distribution: Most users would probably prefer you integrate the optional patches using :NEEDS syntax, so they automatically apply when needed instead of the user having to look through and see which patches they need.  (I'm also not sure why the CLS patch specifies that the parts are *not* passable - I'd assume they should be passible, mostly.)

My experience with the CLS testing is that passable indicates the building has an entrance and an exit that can be connected to, where these buildings only have one docking connection on them, so they can only be entered and exited from the same entrance and not passed through. Is that not the way it is?

Will see what I can do about the config syntax, thank you!

9 hours ago, bcink said:

My experience with the CLS testing is that passable indicates the building has an entrance and an exit that can be connected to, where these buildings only have one docking connection on them, so they can only be entered and exited from the same entrance and not passed through. Is that not the way it is?

Will see what I can do about the config syntax, thank you!

Passible just means 'can enter and exit', even if it's through the same node.  I'd set these to be passible, or use the more detailed syntax and set only the docking connection as passable.

(I will also admit that when working with MKS and Pathfinder, I kinda wish that node *wasn't* a docking port, but was instead a regular port.  Then I could use Konstruction ports and make a stronger structure.  But I can see that it's better if you aren't using a mod that adds those to have the integrated docking port.)

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Passible just means 'can enter and exit', even if it's through the same node.  I'd set these to be passible, or use the more detailed syntax and set only the docking connection as passable.

(I will also admit that when working with MKS and Pathfinder, I kinda wish that node *wasn't* a docking port, but was instead a regular port.  Then I could use Konstruction ports and make a stronger structure.  But I can see that it's better if you aren't using a mod that adds those to have the integrated docking port.)

Thanks - I'll update that for sure. 

I didn't think of the port construction inn that way due to not being able to have a different docking port attached when building  and then have it move while animated.

I guess if the building was expanded you could still choose to KAS a different kind of port to it? :)

4 hours ago, DjPreside said:

This mod looks fantastic! Very good models, textures, and animations. I have a question: are you planning to make this compatible with Kerbalism?

Thank you! I had not but I will definitely look in to doing that for you.

6 hours ago, DjPreside said:

This mod looks fantastic! Very good models, textures, and animations. I have a question: are you planning to make this compatible with Kerbalism?

After investigating Kerbalism compatibility, it looks like there are a few issues on that mod's side of things which need to be resolved before it will be fully 1.3.1 / CKAN compatible. I will hold off on writing config files for that until they have made their respective changes.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

@HebaruSan

Thanks!! The changes have been made.

Revision 1.1 is released.

CHANGELOG:

Revision 1.1
-Updated optional config patches to use NEEDS: syntax (they will now detect installed mods and apply config files as necessary) - This should allow for CKAN packaging / downloading
-Fixed Connected Living Space settings (buildings should now be passable)
-Added soil / snacks storage to HDU1 when using Snacks!

Download Revision 1.1         lya77iI.png
Edited by bcink
Revision 1.1 Now Available For Download

16 hours ago, bcink said:

After investigating Kerbalism compatibility, it looks like there are a few issues on that mod's side of things which need to be resolved before it will be fully 1.3.1 / CKAN compatible. I will hold off on writing config files for that until they have made their respective changes.

Thanks for your interest! Yeah, I don't know why they haven't officially updated it yet, but here's an unofficial update that makes the game show the missing parts in 1.3.1. It's basically perfect, no warnings when you run the game and no bugs. I have used it since 1.3.1 came out and I have nothing bad to report. I hope they'll update it on CKAN soon!

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Could you add compatibility with IFI Life  Support?

Yeah, absolutely. I see no problem with that.

Took a look at the configs in there. Can you confirm a setup like this would make the most sense? 

Unit 1: Storage (Slurry + sludge)

Unit 2: Bioreactor

Unit 3: Greenhouse

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Update 1.4 is now available for download.

Re-compile for 1.4
New part: 4-way hub/connector
USI Life Support Changes:
Unit 2 is now the habitat unit
Unit 1 is now the recycler

4 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Enjoying this mod so much 

Very cool :)   

you can do "[ img ]  whatever.png [ /img ]    or just copy and paste the http:whatever.image.png   and it should auto insert the picture

• 5 weeks later...

Very beautiful mod - fantastic talented and with a great animation. Accidentally saw, immediately downloaded and gonna try it this evening.

Just a couple of questions - Kerbalism support first. It was already asked above. But if I use Kerbalism as the only life support system, will these buildings contain resources or I need to put a patch for USI, TAC, etc ..?

I play in the career. Soryy for newbee question - where are these buildings opened if I use a Community tree? Does this mod a Community tree compability?

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:31 AM, Ioseg said:

Very beautiful mod - fantastic talented and with a great animation. Accidentally saw, immediately downloaded and gonna try it this evening.

Just a couple of questions - Kerbalism support first. It was already asked above. But if I use Kerbalism as the only life support system, will these buildings contain resources or I need to put a patch for USI, TAC, etc ..?

I play in the career. Soryy for newbee question - where are these buildings opened if I use a Community tree? Does this mod a Community tree compability?

Thanks!! 

To be honest, I don't use Kerbalism and haven't messed around with it too much so I wouldn't be able to answer that question I'm afraid. My understanding is that without any mods Kerbalism would add default resources to the buildings, but I may be wrong on that.

The building are opened up along with Very Heavy Rocketry on stock career mode, as a 5-meter rocket would be the only way to properly launch them. I haven't added Community Tree at this time.

Regards,

• 4 months later...

On 4/20/2018 at 2:31 AM, Ioseg said:

But if I use Kerbalism as the only life support system

Hi, I was wondering what your experiences were using Kerbalism with the Deep Space Surface Habitat mod?

Did you run into any issues? Or did everything run smoothly?

Edited by scottadges

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Hi, I was wondering what your experiences were using Kerbalism with the Deep Space Surface Habitat mod?

Did you run into any issues? Or did everything run smoothly?

Struggling finding my history on this - but someone tested this and overall things were OK but (to the best of my recollection) something was out of reach in EVA mode and prevented maintenance of some fashion thus leading to failure.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.