[WIP] Deep Space Surface Habitat Unit Pack - 1.10.1

bcink

12 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

could make it look like solar panels on the bottom side of the clamshell :)

I thought of that too... but then not sure how that would work with basically being parabolics, and not a flat plane... as far as raycasting and tracking would work with curved surfaces... could be pretty complicated? vOv

Maybe do radiators instead? vOv

10 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

I'm growing concerned you have a unhealthy obsession with animations. :D

Hehehe... if only you knew... :roll_eyes:

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

I thought of that too... but then not sure how that would work with basically being parabolics, and not a flat plane... as far as raycasting and tracking would work with curved surfaces... could be pretty complicated? vOv

Maybe do radiators instead? vOv

there is a plugin for setting solarpanels like that but radiators not bad maybe half and half lol

5 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Looking very nice. Some expandable ore tanks or something would fit quite nicely with this. Is it going to be standalone or do you plan on make an entire surface habitation pack?

Thank you! I think it will end up being these three buildings, along with some sort of multiple node docking node

Edited by bcink

Buildings two and three have been UV unwrapped and what could be merged from the original building's textures were merged into the these two. They are now ready for their respective textures.

The third building ends up being three different textures files due to the large volume of faces with the greenhouse involved. The third file will be just for opaque window panes.

3PH66UY.gif

IqZQbwe.png

33 minutes ago, bcink said:

Buildings two and three have been UV unwrapped and what could be merged from the original building's textures were merged into the these two. They are now ready for their respective textures.

The third building ends up being three different textures files due to the large volume of faces with the greenhouse involved. The third file will be just for opaque window panes.

3PH66UY.gif

IqZQbwe.png

Looking Great !!! ;.;

Looks like I forgot to actually post the last update... finished building 3 and the greenhouse. Now... I finished almost everything and got them in to the game. Got the buildings working as replicated stock docking ports so they can dock together or to whatever else you want. Got the solar panel on building 2 working, started a stock config for the power generation. Just need to determine exactly what mods they are going to be compatible with and finish up some config files and we are on the way to release.

Greenhouse complete:

pWECNRK.png

Tanks complete:

uMafaR4.png

Drop test:

UgDiCdt.png

Docking test:

OwHCkHQ.png

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, MaeharaProjekt said:

*...dreams of building DSSHU bits with a clapped-out knee mill, a student lathe, and a Horror Fright angle grinder*

LoL

1 hour ago, bcink said:

Looks like I forgot to actually post the last update... finished building 3 and the greenhouse. Now... I finished almost everything and got them in to the game. Got the buildings working as replicated stock docking ports so they can dock together or to whatever else you want. Got the solar panel on building 2 working, started a stock config for the power generation. Just need to determine exactly what mods they are going to be compatible with and finish up some config files and we are on the way to release.

Greenhouse complete:

pWECNRK.png

Tanks complete:

uMafaR4.png

Drop test:

UgDiCdt.png

Docking test:

OwHCkHQ.png

LoL

Holy Kerbal will you look at  that is it  Kerbal Heaven :D

Edited by Mecripp

One comment, looking at the mod distribution: Most users would probably prefer you integrate the optional patches using :NEEDS syntax, so they automatically apply when needed instead of the user having to look through and see which patches they need.  (I'm also not sure why the CLS patch specifies that the parts are *not* passable - I'd assume they should be passible, mostly.)

20 minutes ago, DStaal said:

One comment, looking at the mod distribution: Most users would probably prefer you integrate the optional patches using :NEEDS syntax, so they automatically apply when needed instead of the user having to look through and see which patches they need.

This would also greatly simplify things for CKAN. I don't know of a way to package the optional life support configs, so at this point they'll probably just be left out, since it says they can't be installed together safely.

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

This would also greatly simplify things for CKAN. I don't know of a way to package the optional life support configs, so at this point they'll probably just be left out, since it says they can't be installed together safely.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see about what I can do in the coming days.

8 hours ago, DStaal said:

Beautiful.  

Thank you!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.