[1.4] DiscordRP - Rich Presence Integration

gegy1000

DiscordRP

DiscordRP introduces Rich Presence integration for KSP. Rich Presence is a recently introduced Discord feature that allows more information to be displayed about the game currently being played. You can find a more detailed description of it here.

This mod displays various implementation through this depending on the player's current situation.

Examples

KVVT2F7.png

Orbiting around Minmus with a Semi-Major axis of 398km

3yCntPX.png

Idling in the KSC or Main Menu

BPOn9HQ.png

Building a craft in the VAB

Shared Information

This mod sends various information about your game state over the internet:

• Your current game state
  • Idle: Time idled for
  • VAB: Cost and part count of current craft
  • Landed: Latitude and Longitude on your current body
  • Flight: Altitude and Velocity on current body
  • Orbit: Semi-Major axis and Eccentricity around current body

This information is sent for the Discord account you currently are logged into, to Discord's servers. Any other user who is in a server or friends with you can see this state along with your Discord name.

Downloads

CurseForge (common): 1.0.3

Dropbox (common): 1.0.3

Older Versions

CurseForge (Windows only): 1.0.2

CurseForge (x32): 1.0.0

CurseForge (x64): 1.0.0

Source

Edited by gegy1000
Works with 1.4

Neat!

I see the supported version of KSP is 1.3.1. Any chance it could also work on 1.2.2? A lot of us still are on that version for RSS/RO.
At work currenlty, when back home I'll see if this could work as is for 1.2.2 and report any bug if any

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

the common link doesnt seem to be working. I got the 1.0 x64 version though

Sorry about that! The file was being approved, it should work now. :)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Very cool! I had no idea they had added that feature. 

Thanks! It's still not very known - not many games have adopted it yet.

2 hours ago, SamBelanger said:

Very very interesting... :P

And welcome to the forum!!!! :D

Thank you! :D 

2 hours ago, Garlik said:

Neat!

I see the supported version of KSP is 1.3.1. Any chance it could also work on 1.2.2? A lot of us still are on that version for RSS/RO.
At work currenlty, when back home I'll see if this could work as is for 1.2.2 and report any bug if any

I haven't really explored different versions or how they work yet. I will take a look! Anything you find would be really useful, still. :)

Hi @gegy1000,

Congratulations on your new mod-- sounds really handy!  :)

However, there are a few rules you need to follow if you'd like to post it here.  Please refer to the add-on posting rules:

Specific things that you need to do, that you haven't done yet:

• You need to provide a link to your mod's source code.
  • You need to specify what license your mod has.

^ The above requirements are common to all mods.  Your particular mod appears to be about network connectivity to Discord, so please also see this rule:

On 1/11/2017 at 10:20 AM, Frybert said:

6. Contacting another network or computer system

• Add-ons that contact another network or computer system must tell users exactly what it's sending or receiving in a clear and obvious way in all locations it is offered for download.

7. Gathering of personally identifiable information

Add-ons that gather personally-identifiable information and send this information to another network or computer system must:

• Provide the user with an opt-in system within the game that requires the user to agree unambiguously with the information gathering and sending before any such information is sent; this opt-in system must inform the user of the goal and extent of the information gathering;
  • Provide the user with an option in the AppLauncher to disable the data gathering that is visible in at least the Space Center scene; and
  • Grant a user the option to review and remove all personally identifiable information that is within control of the person who maintains the add-on.

...so please update the OP to make it completely clear exactly what information the add-on will be sending.  Rule 6 definitely applies to you.  Rule 7 may or may not, depending on what info it sends.

Thanks for your contribution to the modding community!
Snark

Ok, back at you @gegy1000 after testing your 1.0.1 version of the mod on KSP 1.2.2

Seems to work just fine.

one bug I see, but that could be related to other mods (specifically thinking of "RP-0" in its current Development Branch) is that the cost it gives is wrong:

https://imgur.com/gallery/5a808

Again, this might be linked to another mod

Still on the costs, if this can be changed, the cost could be rounded maybe to the closest (on lowest) integer? as can be seen in the picture, the accuracy is a bit high ;-)

Maybe increase the refresh rates too? if this can be done, it seems like 10/20s for now, can it be lowered? I suppose the bandwith used is very low with this kind of tool, and could be pushed all the way to every second, though maybe not really useful

11 hours ago, Snark said:

Hi @gegy1000,

Congratulations on your new mod-- sounds really handy!  :)

However, there are a few rules you need to follow if you'd like to post it here.  Please refer to the add-on posting rules:

Specific things that you need to do, that you haven't done yet:

• You need to provide a link to your mod's source code.
  • You need to specify what license your mod has.

^ The above requirements are common to all mods.  Your particular mod appears to be about network connectivity to Discord, so please also see this rule:

...so please update the OP to make it completely clear exactly what information the add-on will be sending.  Rule 6 definitely applies to you.  Rule 7 may or may not, depending on what info it sends.

Thanks for your contribution to the modding community!
Snark

Sorry about that! I've updated the post. Let me know if there's anything else I need to change. :) 

10 hours ago, Garlik said:

Ok, back at you @gegy1000 after testing your 1.0.1 version of the mod on KSP 1.2.2

Seems to work just fine.

one bug I see, but that could be related to other mods (specifically thinking of "RP-0" in its current Development Branch) is that the cost it gives is wrong:

https://imgur.com/gallery/5a808

Again, this might be linked to another mod

Still on the costs, if this can be changed, the cost could be rounded maybe to the closest (on lowest) integer? as can be seen in the picture, the accuracy is a bit high ;-)

Maybe increase the refresh rates too? if this can be done, it seems like 10/20s for now, can it be lowered? I suppose the bandwith used is very low with this kind of tool, and could be pushed all the way to every second, though maybe not really useful

Interesting. I looked into this and I suspect the incorrect cost might come from modified resource values - I don't account for those currently. The cost should definitely be rounded, I hadn't really tested with mods, so I didn't imagine you could get costs like that. :P

The refresh rate is 10s, although I initially tested with lower values. They didn't seem to make a difference, though, due to the low update rate of the actual Discord client.

9 hours ago, gegy1000 said:

I've updated the post. Let me know if there's anything else I need to change. :) 

Looks perfect!  Really excellent and thoughtful description of "what info is shared, and with whom".  You're good to go.  Thanks again for contributing to the modding community!  :)

• 1 month later...

I would like to suggest an option to toggle off Richpresence while ingame, without having to deinstall the mod before launch(maybe through the difficulty settings menu).
I'm don't always have Discord and KSP running a the same time, but this mod will(after my understanding) continuously send info to discord, even if discord isn't active.
My main complain is that this unnecessarily spams into the log file without actually serving its intended purpose.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, GrandProtectorDark said:

I would like to suggest an option to toggle off Richpresence while ingame, without having to deinstall the mod before launch(maybe through the difficulty settings menu).
I'm don't always have Discord and KSP running a the same time, but this mod will(after my understanding) continuously send info to discord, even if discord isn't active.
My main complain is that this unnecessarily spams into the log file without actually serving its intended purpose.

Data is sent to the Discord servers through the Discord client, so if the client is not running no data will be sent. I do understand the issue with log-spam, though, which will still happen. I'll look into an option, thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 11:01 PM, HamnavoePer said:

Oh, I like this. Have you thought about trying to integrate multiplayer mods so people could start parties on KSP discords and invite others to join them?

That would be great! Unfortunately, Discord doesn't allow invite and spectate functionality for modifications. :(

• 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Is there a way to change the cost to :funds: instead of $?

The :funds: symbol is unique to KSP, and you can't use user-defined emoji in usernames or statuses on Discord, so I'd assume the answer is "no" - at least, unless you can convince the Unicode Consortium to add it to the universal standards, and that takes a lot of work...

1 minute ago, JH4C said:

The :funds: symbol is unique to KSP, and you can't use user-defined emoji in usernames or statuses on Discord, so I'd assume the answer is "no" - at least, unless you can convince the Unicode Consortium to add it to the universal standards, and that takes a lot of work...

What I meant was showing something like this: Cost: 1502342 funds, Prts: 79

But thanks anyway!

3 minutes ago, TeslaPenguin1 said:

What I meant was showing something like this: Cost: 1502342 funds, Prts: 79

Oh. Oh well, that's much simpler to accomplish; you'd just need to adjust the update text. I'm not sure that's exposed in any of the files on GitHub though; I just had a quick look through and couldn't find it. Will probably need @gegy1000 to recompile it.

1 minute ago, JH4C said:

Oh. Oh well, that's much simpler to accomplish; you'd just need to adjust the update text. I'm not sure that's exposed in any of the files on GitHub though; I just had a quick look through and couldn't find it. Will probably need @gegy1000 to recompile it.

Ok, thanks for the help. Will look through soon, just to double check.

3 minutes ago, JH4C said:

It's in this file.

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.