Kerbal Defence Initiative (now with two new crafts)

Yes, the name maby sightly inspired by my love for the C&C games.

Kerbal Defence Initiative

Welcome, KDI is our newely formed global security company that is charged with keeping world peace. And to do that, we need the latest and greatest in weapons technology, with some good old reliable stuff in there as-well.

Our inventory includes a whole host of different vehicles from fighters to super-heavy-bombers, and from small armed jeeps to heavy-tanks and huge ICBM launchers.

If you are wondering about naval combat, that's still handled by the KNS.

Spoiler

For a long time i've used a naming system for my aircraft's and ground vehicles, and here is the legend that will allow you to identify them.

Aircrafts:

KTA=Kerbal Trainer Aircraft

KF=Kerbal Fighter

KSA=Kerbal Strike Aircraft

KLB=Kerbal Light Bomber

KMB=Kerbal Medium Bomber

KHB=Kerbal Heavy Bomber

KSHB=Kerbal Super Heavy Bomber

KTP=Kerbal Transport plane

KRP=Kerbal Reconnaissance Plane.

Ground vehicles:

KTT=Kerbal Transport Truck

KMCC=Kerbal Mobile Construction Crane

KPC=Kerbal Personnel Carrier

KLT=Kerbal Light Tank

KMBT=Kerbal Main Battle Tank

KFV=Kerbal Fighting vehicle

KTD=Kerbal Tank Destroyer

KML=Kerbal Mobile Launcher

AIR-FORCE

Fighter Command

The spearhead of our flying forces. These are the planes that are tasked with protecting our skies and our lands with the latest and greatest in interceptor and ground attack aircraft technology.

Spoiler

Bomber Command

The high flying and hard hitting side of the air-force. These are the planes that will send you a big warm welcome from overseas.

Spoiler

Support Aircraft

The support sector is the backbone of our military operations. These planes are tasked to keep an eye on the enemy and direct our forces to take them out.

Spoiler

GROUND FORCES

Assault Forces

MBT's, APC's, armored cars, these are the first in line in any combat operation.

Spoiler

Tactical ICBM Force

When bombings and naval bombardments aren't enough, you can always send a warm welcome on the nose of a modified space-rocket to the farthest reaches of Kerbin.

Spoiler

KBM-300 Kerbhour ICBM system (upgraded)

Spoiler

Yes, after a long time, the KBM-300 is back in action, better than ever before.

Info about this project will be in the video below. Yes, for the first time ever, you'll get to hear my dumb voice trough a rubbish headset mic.

Technical specs:

Launch system:

Length: 28.8m

Width: 5.8m

Height: 6.9m

Mass: 129.384 tons

parts: 408

KBM-300 ICBM:

Type: 2 stage ICBM.

Warhead: 6 BD-Armory warheads

Range: Can hit anywhere on Kerbin.

Length: 2.8m

Width: 2.6m

Height: 23.7m

Mass: 68.942 tons

parts: 41

Kahack:

Top speed: 32m/s while on it's own about 17m/s while towing the launch trailer.

Length: 11.2m

Width: 4.1m

Height: 2.6m

Mass: 19.193 tons

parts: 223

Mod list: BD-Armory, Infernal Robotics.

Honest Jeb missile system

Spoiler

If you don't want to use the huge KBM-300 ICBM system, you now have an alternative choise, the Honest Jeb.

It, much more easier, quicker, reliable and easy to use than the KBM-300, but i does fall quite far behind in range.

But, that kinda was the idea behind this, make something more suitable for the field and something that wont make you wonder that how many times will you have to quick-save and quick-load before you get a successful launch.

Technical specs:

KML-100 Honest Jeb:

Type: single stage guided ballistic missile.

Warhead: 6 BD-Armory warheads

Range: about 30km.

Length: 13.0m

Width: 3.9m

Height: 6.0m

Mass:  27.843tons

parts: 264

Mod list: BD-Armory, Infernal Robotics.

Defense Forces

These guys will keep watch and shoot anything that comes too close.

Spoiler

Support/Engineering Forces

Recovering vehicles, building FOB's and defences, these guys will take care of it.

Spoiler

Here is the list of mods currently in use with the project (mods used differs between crafts).

IMPORTANT:(I wasn't supposed to include SXT in my mod list, but, this mod happens to include MK0 fuel-tanks witch are indistinguishable from the stock ones, so some of the crafts have these in them, and i don't know witch ones. Sorry :blush:).

Spoiler

I wasn't supposed to include this in my mod list, but, this mod happens to include MK0 fuel-tanks witch are witch are indistinguishable from the stock ones, so some of the crafts have these in them.

I could have always removed the mod, removing this part, but i have important crafts witch have parts from this mod, so i have to keep it around.

luckily, these days there is a way for me to tell the apart, the stock one can be painted with the DCK, while the SXT one cant.

I know, i know, the list looks long, but most crafts usually only use 2 of them. Just take a look at each crafts individual mod list in their description.

I will be uploading new crafts every now and then, so be sure to follow if you are interested. I have about a couple dozen crafts waiting to be put up, and more will be made.

I hope you enjoy this little army :)

Edited by kapteenipirk
2 ballistic missile systems have been added

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.