Airstream Protective Shell Will not Release Probe

Hello Friendly KSP Online Community,

I am using an AE-FF2 Airstream Protective Shell (2.5m), and it will not release the attached probe.  I have decided to edit the save file to try to free the probe, but before I take that drastic step, I would like to appeal to the community for help.  Did anyone else out there have this issue?

I tried to attach a screenshot, but I can't.  The probe is just hanging there in space, invisibly attached to the Shell Plate.  The separator I used is blown off, and wiggled its way out of the gap between the Probe and the Shell Plate.  There is nothing joining the Probe to the Plate, but the probe moves in unison with the rest of the ship, as though it were still attached by some structural component.

The funny thing is, I launched several probes using the exact same method without issue.  Then, suddenly, this one became stuck.

In any case, thanks for the help!

Edited by RASmith1030
Tried to attach screenshot

I think fairing shells are considered non persistent debris, they should go away if you go to the space center then return to your craft. Is this the problem?

a screenshot would help - there is a forum thread that can tell you the current method of posting one.

23 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I think fairing shells are considered non persistent debris, they should go away if you go to the space center then return to your craft. Is this the problem?

a screenshot would help - there is a forum thread that can tell you the current method of posting one.

Hi, thanks for the response.  I don't use goofey "imige.gur" or anything like that, so I can't post a screenshot, but it is not the fairing shell.  The PROBE is STUCK to the spaceship,  with no intervening structure holding it in place - just empty space.

See the Diagram below:                                 

[----------------]           [--------------------]                                                                                                                                     

Probe                    Rest of the Ship

Nothing in between

But, the two move in unison, like they are connected.  But there is ONLY EMPTY SPACE  in between.

Edited by RASmith1030

The fairings have these things called "Interstage nodes." They float above the fairing a few meters. They can be useful or annoying.

I'd not recommend savefile edits, those don't work well. I'd either relaunch the probe or install the "Kaboom" mod which allows you to right click on parts and blow them up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.