Adding Kerbal foundries functionality to SM AFV wheels

reedhashlock

Hello, I wanted to add the kerbal foundries wheel modules to some Spanner monkey AFV wheels for personal use. Would copying the modules to the cfg. and tweaking their parameters suffice? I'm mostly concerned with how the engines work. There being an engine limiter and such. I tried to mess around with it, commented out the ModuleWheelMotor and copied the KSPWheelMotor fro KF but the engine didn't respond. I then opened up the debug menu and saw that there was a missing module or resource.

Edited by reedhashlock

6 hours ago, reedhashlock said:

Hello, I wanted to add the kerbal foundries wheel modules to some Spanner monkey AFV wheels for personal use. Would copying the modules to the cfg. and tweaking their parameters suffice? I'm mostly concerned with how the engines work. There being an engine limiter and such. I tried to mess around with it, commented out the ModuleWheelMotor and copied the KSPWheelMotor fro KF but the engine didn't respond. I then opened up the debug menu and saw that there was a missing module or resource.

Here is link to the MM patches that may help you:https://github.com/shadowmage45/KSPWheel/tree/dev/GameDataDisabled/Patches

On 12/5/2017 at 6:47 AM, reedhashlock said:

I'll check it out. Thanks

Wheels are hard.

Trying to patch other peoples wheels, even harder.

But, if you start making progress on it, and happen to get stuck, feel free to give me a mention/PM.  I'm 100% certain it can be done (haven't seen a wheel setup yet that couldn't be converted), but depending on the exact wheel/setup, it could be a decent bit of work.

Little hint -- you have to completely remove -all- of the stock wheel related modules and replace them with the KSPWheel equivalents.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Shadowmage said:

Wheels are hard.

Trying to patch other peoples wheels, even harder.

But, if you start making progress on it, and happen to get stuck, feel free to give me a mention/PM.  I'm 100% certain it can be done (haven't seen a wheel setup yet that couldn't be converted), but depending on the exact wheel/setup, it could be a decent bit of work.

Little hint -- you have to completely remove -all- of the stock wheel related modules and replace them with the KSPWheel equivalents.

Thanks :). I looked at your code and I think I understand enough of it. I'll definitely remember to send you a pm when I hit a wall.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:49 AM, reedhashlock said:

add the kerbal foundries wheel modules to some Spanner monkey AFV wheels for personal use

As it turns out , the AFV wheels are perfect for a more or less straight conversion, ( lo fi and i worked from the same page)  took 20 mins, tops  and they'll be in the next release , alongside the stock wheel version

46 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

As it turns out , the AFV wheels are perfect for a more or less straight conversion, ( lo fi and i worked from the same page)  took 20 mins, tops  and they'll be in the next release , alongside the stock wheel version

Nice :D. I didn't want to bother you guys and I didn't know if it was planned so I tried to do it myself. I'll be eagerly awaiting your next release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.