[1.10] Luna multiplayer (LMP) - Beta

Dagger

So my buddy and I tested this mod on 1.4.1, and found the newest version to work pretty good. We wanted to use a 1.3.1 compatible version since 1.3.1 has all the mods currently, but the version your website says to use (0.3.28) isn't working, even on just a vanilla 1.3.1 build. KSP says the mods are incompatible with 1.3.1 and Unity 5.4.0p4.

Edited by HalfdeadKiller
More accurate text.

19 hours ago, HalfdeadKiller said:

So my buddy and I tested this mod on 1.4.1, and found the newest version to work pretty good. We wanted to use a 1.3.1 compatible version since 1.3.1 has all the mods currently, but the version your website says to use (0.3.28) isn't working, even on just a vanilla 1.3.1 build. KSP says the mods are incompatible with 1.3.1 and Unity 5.4.0p4.

The version that the website says is wrong. The latest 131 compatible version is 0.2.22. Still, I don't recommend you to use it as many bugs were fixed in the last iteration.

@SupperRobin6394

1 hour ago, Dagger said:

The version that the website says is wrong. The latest 131 compatible version is 0.2.22. Still, I don't recommend you to use it as many bugs were fixed in the last iteration.

@SupperRobin6394

I have been summoned!

Apologies, you should have version is 0.2.22 and I have corrected this mistake on the website.

Here's a download link btw: http://lunamultiplayer.com/redirect?p=download&v=0.2.22

Thanks for the help! I will admit the new version does work great, however I'm kinda stuck between using KSP 1.4.0 and 1.3.1. I get most of my enjoyment out of mods, and unfortunately there are a lot of 1.3.1 mods that aren't there for 1.4.1. We've been using LMP 0.2.22 and Syncrio, its janky but it kinda works for coop campaign. Also mods like MKS, Dang It!, Distant Object Enhancement aren't for 1.4.1 explicitly. I'll keep an eye on this mod though as things update!

Edit: If you can somehow get it so that career syncs like Syncrio does, then this mod would be like, top tier. I'd look at it myself but C# is a bit of an animal to me still.

Edited by HalfdeadKiller

10 hours ago, HalfdeadKiller said:

Thanks for the help! I will admit the new version does work great, however I'm kinda stuck between using KSP 1.4.0 and 1.3.1. I get most of my enjoyment out of mods, and unfortunately there are a lot of 1.3.1 mods that aren't there for 1.4.1. We've been using LMP 0.2.22 and Syncrio, its janky but it kinda works for coop campaign. Also mods like MKS, Dang It!, Distant Object Enhancement aren't for 1.4.1 explicitly. I'll keep an eye on this mod though as things update!

Edit: If you can somehow get it so that career syncs like Syncrio does, then this mod would be like, top tier. I'd look at it myself but C# is a bit of an animal to me still.

Another developer is implementing career mode into LMP so we might have it soon :wink: At the moment I'm more focused on having it stable and without bugs

Edited by Dagger

Hello @ all,

I´m new in this Forum. I have installed the newest Version from LMP. The Server is running in Science Mode. The Client Version is the 1.4.1 with the Making History DLC. Now I have a Problem.

I have build a big Vessel and if I start it, i have big Problems with the Stages.

If I sperate the first Stage my Vessel explode.

I have tested the Vessel in the normal Game Science Mode from the Game and it gives no Problems with the seperation from the Stages.

Can you help me please?

Sorry for my bad English.

Best Regards

Maik alias f!r3fOx_

On 22/3/2018 at 10:04 AM, f!r3fOx_ said:

Hello @ all,

I´m new in this Forum. I have installed the newest Version from LMP. The Server is running in Science Mode. The Client Version is the 1.4.1 with the Making History DLC. Now I have a Problem.

I have build a big Vessel and if I start it, i have big Problems with the Stages.

If I sperate the first Stage my Vessel explode.

I have tested the Vessel in the normal Game Science Mode from the Game and it gives no Problems with the seperation from the Stages.

Can you help me please?

Sorry for my bad English.

Best Regards

Maik alias f!r3fOx_

I just released a new version so it might help you on that.

Anyway, career and science mode are still not supported although another developer is actively working on that

You can either downlaod them in the lunamultiplayer website or directly in the github repo

On 25/3/2018 at 10:51 PM, panzerwaffe044 said:

Hello! Will there be any backport of the latest versions to 1.3.1? I and my friend are playing RSS RO (and it won't transfer to 1.4.1 any time soon). P.S. Amazing job!!!

The code changed quite a lot between 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 and the developers team is very small and must focus our time in other stuff atm. Still, feel free to get the code and compile it against the old dll's if you want

Edited by Dagger

12 hours ago, PrestonF said:

I just downloaded LMP and windows defender flagged LMPServer/Server.exe as a virus (Win32/Fuery.A!cl).

Anyone else see this issue?

False positive. You can check the source code in the github repo if you want to be sure about it

12 hours ago, Warsoul said:

Well, warp subspaces in my opinion are the best trade off for multiplayer also, you can set the "warp master" mode in LMP so a designated player is the warp master or just a no-warp game.

Your idea would mean a total rework of how LMP works and that would mean syncing a ton of stuff between players in the same ship. Although possible, it would involve massive work

7 hours ago, Hunony said:

why some servers require certain terrain quality? because i play on low to my game use less ram memory and every server needs high terrain quality.

If a player has low and another player has high there's > 1m height difference between them and ground positioning doesn't work (vessels clip inside terrain or fly)

• 3 weeks later...

Just released a new version that supports interpolation and is updated for 1.4.3. Hope it's not buggy but bear in mind that this is the first working version of it. In case of bugs you can disable it in the options screen

Hey there, currently running on the latest version!

Got a bug we're noticing whilst running the server. Our vessels orbiting Mun slowly lose their center of orbit, and begin skewing all on their own. I've edited the files to re-center their orbits but they slowly askew again, warps seem to exacerbate this issue. Being on the surface of the mun while someone is warping also seems to greatly exacerbate this issue.

On another note, we also have certain vehicles randomly automatically recover themselves even while off-world. Is there a setting that is cleaning up fully manned vehicles? If so, how do we deactivate this feature?

Edited by Flux Synergy

20 hours ago, Flux Synergy said:

Hey there, currently running on the latest version!

Got a bug we're noticing whilst running the server. Our vessels orbiting Mun slowly lose their center of orbit, and begin skewing all on their own. I've edited the files to re-center their orbits but they slowly askew again, warps seem to exacerbate this issue. Being on the surface of the mun while someone is warping also seems to greatly exacerbate this issue.

On another note, we also have certain vehicles randomly automatically recover themselves even while off-world. Is there a setting that is cleaning up fully manned vehicles? If so, how do we deactivate this feature?

Hi. Regarding the first bug I'm working on a fix for that. As a workaround deactivate and activate again interpolation trough the settings screen.
https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/issues/129

About the second bug, dekessler should only remove "debris" but perhaps it's a bug, please create a new github issue and attach both server universe, player logs and try to write the reproduction steps. This way I can reproduce on my machine and check what might be the issue

https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/issues/new

Hi Dagger 

i've run into a problem when setting up a server and trying to connect over hamaci. it says that the username of the connector is taken when no other player is in the server.

we can connect if we connect to a other server in the master server browser 
Do you guys have a solution or is it a new bug, experienced  the same with the previous  version of LMP 

otherwise great job on this mod so far it's looking really good! 

https://imgur.com/ahUX79s

Edited by jaeger94

2 hours ago, jaeger94 said:

Hi Dagger 

i've run into a problem when setting up a server and trying to connect over hamaci. it says that the username of the connector is taken when no other player is in the server.

we can connect if we connect to a other server in the master server browser 
Do you guys have a solution or is it a new bug, experienced  the same with the previous  version of LMP 

otherwise great job on this mod so far it's looking really good! 

https://imgur.com/ahUX79s

I never used hamaci so I don't know if that might be the problem. Is it really needed? You can create a password protected server if you want to make it private and now LMP even uses upnp to open the ports.

14 hours ago, Dagger said:

I never used hamaci so I don't know if that might be the problem. Is it really needed? You can create a password protected server if you want to make it private and now LMP even uses upnp to open the ports.

I'm behind a double nat system so we've had problems connecting to each other over the master server.. we haven't tried over the master server with the newest version though.

we'll keep trying  if we succseed i'll let you know 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.