[1.10] Luna multiplayer (LMP) - Beta

Dagger

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2019 at 8:38 PM, StormxWolf said:

Hey on the mod control page you guys said there were example/template/premade module xml files. I was wondering if I could get a link to those? I must be blind and don't actually see them anywhere so even just pointing me in the right direction would help.

It's in the last part of the https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki/Parts-syncronization page.

Direct link: https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/tree/master/LmpClient/ModuleStore/XML/Squad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All, 

First off, Been using LMP mod for few months now, and created my own server and its amazing so big thank you to the devs, Great job!

On to my first challenge, I first ran the server on the same windows PC as ksp and worked great, moved it to another windows PC so it could be up 24/7 and was still good as well. But today i moved it on to my Raspberry Pi and when i connect to server my chat messages via ksp are delayed sometimes up to 5min(no big deal) but other users connected cannot see my crafts even tho i can see all users/clients crafts and they are able to crash into me, causing me to exploded and they have no damage, no doubt cause i wasn't on their screen.  All other users/clients have no problem seeing each other and sync well when close, its just me they cant see.  Its strange as it was fine when the server was either of my windows PCs and users/clients  could see me / cause damage. I have tried removing all other mods on my pc and even reinstalling since moving to rasberry pi  beside squad and luna(obviously) in case i had parts they didnt and other server users/clients still unable to see my craft but i still see them. Also tried building new crafts just in case saved ones had parts from a mod etc.

Is this a issue due to running on the Pi vs windows and ksp on other computer on the same local network? I have no firewalls or that going on, so i dont think its port thing cause i am able to connect.  thoughts?

2nd challenge, iv listed as dedicated server but its been few days since master server list on git was committed and doesn't list as dedicated on master server list.. 

Thanks so much in advanced! 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jeremy_Clarkson said:

Are we able to port pre-made crafts into our client to load and fly?

Yes, I have done it, but you need to copy your "crafts" from "kerbal space program/saves/your saved gamed/ships" folder into ""kerbal space program/saves/lunaMultiplayer/Ships" as far as i remember 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for an awsome mod! 

one of my friends does have a problem which we might think is server side. 
we are running a server on a linux server with the use of mono. 
we are two people who can join thourgh the master server. But when he tries it just exits the server browser. 
within the log on the server I can see this error being showed:
[19:24:20][Debug]: Lidgren: ERRORMESSAGE -- Failed to send packet: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Invalid arguments
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags, System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00095] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.SendPacket (System.Int32 numBytes, System.Net.IPEndPoint target, System.Int32 numMessages, System.Boolean& connectionReset) [0x00028] in <506c489e294e465c89c765ed52da12bb>:0 
[19:24:20][Debug]: Lidgren: ERRORMESSAGE -- Failed to send packet: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Invalid arguments
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size, System.Net.Sockets.SocketFlags socketFlags, System.Net.EndPoint remoteEP) [0x00095] in <a85c1a570f9a4f9f9c3d2cfa5504e34f>:0 
  at Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.SendPacket (System.Int32 numBytes, System.Net.IPEndPoint target, System.Int32 numMessages, System.Boolean& connectionReset) [0x00028] in <506c489e294e465c89c765ed52da12bb>:0 

Any suggestions on what to do to solve this? 
the installation of the client side is done correctly (I have overseen it) 
Br 

• 2 weeks later...

Show “ [Warning]: Malformed packet; stated payload length 1760, remaining bytes 1495”

Issues on Github #367:

Remember to attach the "KSP.log" and the "output_log.txt" whenever is possible!
You can find the KSP.log in ".\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log"
And output_log.txt in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt"
(you probably need to display hidden folders to get into AppData)

In case you are using a nighly build of LMP from appveyor include the build number.
For example: 0.0.9.384
Otherwise, specify the version of LMP you are using from the github releases.

If you have access to the server. Please zip the whole "Universe" and "Config" folder.
Also if you are running mods in the server, attach the "LMPModControl.txt"

—————————————————

—————————————————

KSPVersion: 1.10.1/1.10.0

—————————————————

LMP version (include the build number if you are using a nighly build): 0.26.0

—————————————————

MODS. Remember that mods are not supported:
Must:BDA Multiplayer,PRE,ModuleManager
suggestion:Mj

—————————————————

Expected behaviour: No any Warning

—————————————————

Current behaviour: show” [Warning]: Malformed packet; stated payload length 1760, remaining bytes 1495”when someone joined the server

—————————————————

Steps to reproduce: First, I opened the server, then I let my computer joined the server.When I push the Connect button, the server showed these things 4-5 per second.

I can give you the .log of LMPServer, my ksp.log and output_log.log, and all the documents in LMPServer(Included all the documents (such as Universe folder)and the LMPModControl.xml and so on).
This is the html:Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10Fm_5N8TCRQ0-Rxm7hnFc8J-17sAeE0W?usp=sharing
By the way, there isn’t only me in the server, and when someone joined, it will show the same word.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Eleutherophile said:

Hi! How does this work with DLCs? If one person has DLCs but the other doesn't, what happens?

It depends.  The ModControl config bans DLC parts by default, as far as I know.  If mod control is disabled, the other person will just not see or take in to effect the DLC craft.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing LMP with a friend and i have few questions.

1. Is there a way to build a rocket together?

2. Can we control the same ship? I know that we can use tracking station to follow a ship that other one is flying.

3. can one of us control orbiting spacecraft while the other one is landing on a planet?

Essentially we want to play KSP in coop mode where either of us can also control everything, even if it is built by someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Me and my friend bought a server and tried to set it up but we have some problems and we cannot make it work.

Can anyone give some advice on how to set up the server..  We have the server IP and when we try to connect it doesnt connect. 

Also i would like to know how to put the mods inside the server.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Greetings, I'd like to suggest a feature which may provide relief to players like myself who enjoy creating/docking large craft in orbit. Because LMP will consistantly try to sync your local time with the local time you are set to, often, during lag, ships will teleport around, making docking difficult and collisions and explosions common. The workaround I have found to work is to set myself to 2x physwarp, as this will cause LMP to set me to my own timezone, allowing me to dock without having to worry about craft teleporting around to stay synced to the server time. As such, I would like to suggest a feature that would allow you to desync from the server time block you are assigned to and be assigned to your own time, as done when warping at 2x. This would alleviate many frustration players such as myself have when attempting to dock large, laggy craft. 
Thank you for your consideration.

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I found an issue with sync. My friend was controlling a vehicle, while I thied to enter it. The only entry point was occupied mk1 cockpit. My friend transfered his kerbal into another module, but from my perspective, transfer didn't happen and cockpit was still occupied.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.