[1.10] Luna multiplayer (LMP) - Beta

Dagger

hey there, looking at getting back into ksp with this mod and bda, used tom play with dmp and the weapon synking mod buyt the glitchy flight and unreliable hitboxing made it kinda pointless so i played with ai, does weapon fire and damage cross network reliably now?

On 5/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, SuperHammy3 said:

Hi. I'm currently playing a career with a friend, and I'm wondering: Is there any way to disable science & funds being shared across all players?

Nope. It's on the to-do list but no new content will be added until LMP is Rock solid and without bugs.

9 hours ago, amankd said:

hey there, looking at getting back into ksp with this mod and bda, used tom play with dmp and the weapon synking mod buyt the glitchy flight and unreliable hitboxing made it kinda pointless so i played with ai, does weapon fire and damage cross network reliably now?

Bda is not supported. A specific plugin for syncing is needed as with DMP but there are no plans on doing that from our current team atm

10 minutes ago, Delay said:

Not only does it work, you should also be able to use MH parts. However, at the expense that anyone without the DLC cannot see any craft with the new parts.

Great to hear, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guyz! Sorry, can't search by forum, coas search page dont load for me.

I have some issue with craft loading. When loading is done player, who loaded some specific craft. being kicked with that log:

[17:04:14][Debug] : Argiziont sent Connection end message, reason: Unhandled error in main system! Detail: SystemHandler-Update

Solved: There was a problem with Procedural Parts. Just dont use it.

But now I have the other problem: When i trying to randevou with craft of other player, when i reach a distance <40m it just:

[18:10:11][Debug] : Player sent Connection end message, reason: Disconnected

Edited by macenkodenis

9 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

Hey, guyz! Sorry, can't search by forum, coas search page dont load for me.

I have some issue with craft loading. When loading is done player, who loaded some specific craft. being kicked with that log:

[17:04:14][Debug] : Argiziont sent Connection end message, reason: Unhandled error in main system! Detail: SystemHandler-Update

Solved: There was a problem with Procedural Parts. Just dont use it.

But now I have the other problem: When i trying to randevou with craft of other player, when i reach a distance <40m it just:

[18:10:11][Debug] : Player sent Connection end message, reason: Disconnected

That's probably some mod messing around

9 hours ago, Argiziont said:

Can we find debug information, what mod cause this?

You can try reading the KSP.log. Usually the mods that fail are USI, BDArmory, Kerbalism or similar mods that modify the behaviour a lot

On 5/12/2018 at 5:21 AM, SuperHammy3 said:

Hi. I'm currently playing a career with a friend, and I'm wondering: Is there any way to disable science & funds being shared across all players?

No, you can't. That's actually one of the features of LMP and it was highly demanded.

In the future we've planned to add "companies" so it's only shared between players inside companies but that won't happen until LMP is rock solid in terms of stability and bugs

Hey! First of all, thank you for all your work bringing multiplayer to this amazing game! My friend and I tried it yesterday and everything was running smooth except for these two things:

1. Sometimes our kerbals die from reverting back to VAB or just get stuck somewhere in space, even though we properly returned them (After recovering you can see them flying in the tracking station). That's not such a big problem, as I can easily return them back to life by altering their txt files on the master server.
  2. Another thing, which is actually quite problematic is that sometimes when a friend upgrades a building to, let's say level 2, for me it's actually upgraded to level 3 or not upgraded at all and we always lose all the building upgrades after restarting the server.

I would create a bug report, but I'm not sure how to replicate these bugs, because they're actually occasional. Probably, you already aware about both of them and I don't care much about the first one, but may be there is work around the second one? 

Thanks!

On 6/8/2018 at 12:07 PM, k4Rla said:

Hey! First of all, thank you for all your work bringing multiplayer to this amazing game! My friend and I tried it yesterday and everything was running smooth except for these two things:

1. Sometimes our kerbals die from reverting back to VAB or just get stuck somewhere in space, even though we properly returned them (After recovering you can see them flying in the tracking station). That's not such a big problem, as I can easily return them back to life by altering their txt files on the master server.
  2. Another thing, which is actually quite problematic is that sometimes when a friend upgrades a building to, let's say level 2, for me it's actually upgraded to level 3 or not upgraded at all and we always lose all the building upgrades after restarting the server.

I would create a bug report, but I'm not sure how to replicate these bugs, because they're actually occasional. Probably, you already aware about both of them and I don't care much about the first one, but may be there is work around the second one? 

Thanks!

The second bug it's already fixed but on nightly only :)

About the first one I will try and see if it happens for me...

EDIT: Both bugs fixed for next version!

Edited by Dagger

Hi. First of all great to see continuation of the mp mod for a ksp.

Now for my problem. I play together with my brother. We both use the same mods (same version and all) but don' use any life support mod.

Now what happens is that after quite some playing time my brother gets disconnected and as of that moment, he is no longer able to login to my server. When he tries the server keeps synching vessels with him but further nothing happens.

When I start a server from scratch he can login again.

This problem occurs as far as we noticed, when my brother wants to start flying a vessel he just created.

Hope you can fix this and if u need more info let me know

6 hours ago, Binkmannuh said:

Hi. First of all great to see continuation of the mp mod for a ksp.

Now for my problem. I play together with my brother. We both use the same mods (same version and all) but don' use any life support mod.

Now what happens is that after quite some playing time my brother gets disconnected and as of that moment, he is no longer able to login to my server. When he tries the server keeps synching vessels with him but further nothing happens.

When I start a server from scratch he can login again.

This problem occurs as far as we noticed, when my brother wants to start flying a vessel he just created.

Hope you can fix this and if u need more info let me know

Hi, I don't officially support mods but I can have a look at it if it's easy enough to spot it and it doesn't require a huge code change. For that I will need the KSP.log of your brother after the error happens to see where is the error

Just interested if anyone has tried the foundries wheel mod, Kopernicus, infernal robotics, and extraplanetary launchpads? I'm really interested in this, as I loved DMP, and would love to play with those 4 mods. KIS/KAS would be a plus as well.

And Dagger:  For making multiplayer mods, You and Godarklight are Gods among Insects. ;)

Edited by Talavar

6 hours ago, Talavar said:

Just interested if anyone has tried the foundries wheel mod, Kopernicus, infernal robotics, and extraplanetary launchpads? I'm really interested in this, as I loved DMP, and would love to play with those 4 mods. KIS/KAS would be a plus as well.

And Dagger:  For making multiplayer mods, You and Godarklight are Gods among Insects. ;)

Not really about those mods, but there was a guy on the discord that wanted to do it and he made a page about it https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki/Supported-mods if you manage to test some other mods let us know to add them

On 6/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, Dagger said:

The second bug it's already fixed but on nightly only :)

About the first one I will try and see if it happens for me...

EDIT: Both bugs fixed for next version!

Great! Thanks a lot, everything works fine now! Another thing that I noticed is that I can't actually dock to my ISS, since every time when I get close enough it gets teleported 10KM away from me. Not sure if this is actually a bug or I need to adjust some settings on the server.

UPD: ok, I figured it out, if you time warp during docking the server will update the positions and teleport vessels from each other. So one shouldn't use time warp after he's close enough to not use it.

UPD 2: friend just had a weird problem, he EVA'd out of a spaceship and got teleported far away from his ship, no warp was used. Maybe it worth noticing, that for some reason all the ships on the map are blinking for him and if he sets somethings as a target he loses the target fro a couple of seconds every once and awhile.

UPD 3: new glitch, probably related, spaceships get randomly teleported all the time, my ISS is now orbiting the sun  (second time this happened) even though it is supposed to be on the orbit of Kerbin. Doesn't seem to happen with landed ships.

Edited by k4Rla

10 hours ago, k4Rla said:

Great! Thanks a lot, everything works fine now! Another thing that I noticed is that I can't actually dock to my ISS, since every time when I get close enough it gets teleported 10KM away from me. Not sure if this is actually a bug or I need to adjust some settings on the server.

UPD: ok, I figured it out, if you time warp during docking the server will update the positions and teleport vessels from each other. So one shouldn't use time warp after he's close enough to not use it.

UPD 2: friend just had a weird problem, he EVA'd out of a spaceship and got teleported far away from his ship, no warp was used. Maybe it worth noticing, that for some reason all the ships on the map are blinking for him and if he sets somethings as a target he loses the target fro a couple of seconds every once and awhile.

UPD 3: new glitch, probably related, spaceships get randomly teleported all the time, my ISS is now orbiting the sun  (second time this happened) even though it is supposed to be on the orbit of Kerbin. Doesn't seem to happen with landed ships.

Yes. I'm fixing that behavior. As you are on nightly version some work is still not finished

8 hours ago, Dagger said:

Yes. I'm fixing that behavior. As you are on nightly version some work is still not finished

I understand that, just wanted to let you know about some problems we ran onto :)

I have use your multiplayer with some friends. But i have some questions and few errors. If I startet a new MP-game on server. I choose career-mode. And if my friends joined we ALL are being in same "Spaceprogram". Is there a way that every player plays his own career? Then we all have collect the sciencepoint togehter. Not for each person. And when one person starts a contract few are finished (failed) BEFORE we could build any vessel for the specified contact. And then we had lost a lot of reputationpoints. And there are few errors we find. First is the "Safetybubble" not safe. One person has put his vessel at launchpad and I also done it but both were spawn at same place and exploding right on pad. There was no msg that pad or runway is in use. After I bring my Kerbal into space and should make an EVA his vessel despawned in seconds right after he leave the hatch. So i need to make a rescuemission to save my Kerbal. 

So here my questions. Is there a way in the options that every player can play his "own" spaceprogram or does all playing the same career? Would be nice if all can player against. But can building vessels and stations together. Like it is in real. Look at the ISS. Many firms of different spaceagencies have add parts to the ISS. I wish me that too. Makes a lot more fun. 

And how can i stop it when I bring a vessel into space and I switch back to spacecenter and wanna build a new vessel that the other vessel I build disappear? It was a bit annoying to check in Tracking station where the vessel is and see that they despawned and u get an window showed that the first vessel is recovered. Its a bit funny when u wanna build an satelite-network and all the time the first Satelite despawn. Maybe we all doing something wrong or it is a missing option we dont choose. Would be nice when anybody could help me with this problems or tell me what I have to set in the options that could fix some of the problems. Aahh i forget. If someone has at a contract we ALL had to make it and some could not finished when one person has finish contract. Some hass being still active after getting reward.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone else have the same problem as I have and whether someone knows the cause or fix for it.

This happened with DMP as well, and since LMP is a fork of DMP, they may be the same thing.

The server is hosted on my ubuntu VM, connection is through local LAN so speed shouldn't be an issue. I also made sure there's plenty of system resources for the VM as well.

To put it simply, the throttle keeps resetting to 0 every time the sync happens. It doesn't occur when the universe is new and there's hardly any ongoing flights, but after deploying 24 satellites around Kerbin for comm relays, there's no way I can fly out of Kerbin without hitting the problem. It doesn't occur while I'm under 70km, but as soon as I'm over 70km then I keep having to smash that z button. It gets worse.

When the sync happens, my position jumps, and I suppose some of the delta V I gained disappeared, presumably because the server thinks my throttle was down parts of the time. Previously I was running LMP version 0.9.6, the issue was there but not as severe. I can get into orbit, then setup maneuver node, point my ship to the right direction, turn off the node and just set SAS and burn until I hit the desired orbit/encounter, because every time it syncs and throttle resets, the timer on the node moves, even though my position in orbit doesn't seem to change. At times I get +t for the node even though clearly I haven't passed the node in the orbit map view, that's why I ignore the node's pointer and just burn in the general direction.

Not the case with 0.10. Updated last night because performance was just terrible. I stopped using the tracking station because it crawls so so slow. I look at the server log and it seems every time I go to space center or tracking station I put a lock on ALL the vessels... I'm guessing that's why it's so slow. Anyways, I used to just get to one craft, use the map and switch to another craft instead of using the tracking station. The update to 0.10 didn't help much with performance but made the throttle issue way worse. Now I can hardly get into orbit. The fuel appears to be spent but I didn't get the delta V needed, and it messes up my whole orbit too.

I should point out that I play KSP with quite a few mods, mainly interstellar extended, B9, EVE, RemoteTech, KerbalEngineer, InfernalRobotics, KAS, KIS, kOS, near future mods, and some of RoverDude's mods, that's about it. I can probably drop the near future mods but otherwise I don't think I'd play KSP vanilla, the other mods add the realism and overkill dream that I desire. The problem doesn't happen if I simply play local, but then I wouldn't be looking to add multiplayer to the game.

So... I know troubleshooting modded KSP isn't ideal, but I consider myself tech savy enough to tell you what you need to diagnose... help a brother out?

23 hours ago, x_men said:

Wondering if anyone else have the same problem as I have and whether someone knows the cause or fix for it.

This happened with DMP as well, and since LMP is a fork of DMP, they may be the same thing.

The server is hosted on my ubuntu VM, connection is through local LAN so speed shouldn't be an issue. I also made sure there's plenty of system resources for the VM as well.

To put it simply, the throttle keeps resetting to 0 every time the sync happens. It doesn't occur when the universe is new and there's hardly any ongoing flights, but after deploying 24 satellites around Kerbin for comm relays, there's no way I can fly out of Kerbin without hitting the problem. It doesn't occur while I'm under 70km, but as soon as I'm over 70km then I keep having to smash that z button. It gets worse.

When the sync happens, my position jumps, and I suppose some of the delta V I gained disappeared, presumably because the server thinks my throttle was down parts of the time. Previously I was running LMP version 0.9.6, the issue was there but not as severe. I can get into orbit, then setup maneuver node, point my ship to the right direction, turn off the node and just set SAS and burn until I hit the desired orbit/encounter, because every time it syncs and throttle resets, the timer on the node moves, even though my position in orbit doesn't seem to change. At times I get +t for the node even though clearly I haven't passed the node in the orbit map view, that's why I ignore the node's pointer and just burn in the general direction.

Not the case with 0.10. Updated last night because performance was just terrible. I stopped using the tracking station because it crawls so so slow. I look at the server log and it seems every time I go to space center or tracking station I put a lock on ALL the vessels... I'm guessing that's why it's so slow. Anyways, I used to just get to one craft, use the map and switch to another craft instead of using the tracking station. The update to 0.10 didn't help much with performance but made the throttle issue way worse. Now I can hardly get into orbit. The fuel appears to be spent but I didn't get the delta V needed, and it messes up my whole orbit too.

I should point out that I play KSP with quite a few mods, mainly interstellar extended, B9, EVE, RemoteTech, KerbalEngineer, InfernalRobotics, KAS, KIS, kOS, near future mods, and some of RoverDude's mods, that's about it. I can probably drop the near future mods but otherwise I don't think I'd play KSP vanilla, the other mods add the realism and overkill dream that I desire. The problem doesn't happen if I simply play local, but then I wouldn't be looking to add multiplayer to the game.

So... I know troubleshooting modded KSP isn't ideal, but I consider myself tech savy enough to tell you what you need to diagnose... help a brother out?

https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki

[snip] 

(TL;DR- mods are not supported at this time)

Edited by Deddly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.