Dagger

[1.4.4] Luna multiplayer (LMP) - Beta

Take it easy guys, we're all here to help each other out. No need to get personal about it. Having said that, @x_men, since LMP doesn't support mods, it is unlikely the developers will be willing to help you right now. The best thing you can do is eliminate the mods in batches or one at a time until you find out which mod is causing the problem, then at least you can find out where to start looking for a fix.

I hope that helps, at least a little! 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Deddly said:

Take it easy guys, we're all here to help each other out. No need to get personal about it. Having said that, @x_men, since LMP doesn't support mods, it is unlikely the developers will be willing to help you right now. The best thing you can do is eliminate the mods in batches or one at a time until you find out which mod is causing the problem, then at least you can find out where to start looking for a fix.

I hope that helps, at least a little! 

My apologies [snip] 

Anyways. I don't expect great enthusiasm or any obligation to support from the devs, it is free software after all. The fine line they draw is not to support mod and I understand, however the LMP server config has LMPModControl.xml, as well as a tool to generate that file, so while they say they don't support mods, I'm hoping it might just be a case of politically correct/official statement rather than actual practice.

Also, I'm looking for anyone else having similar issue, not just from devs themselves, maybe someone already figured it out, or do some other troubleshooting that I may rule out on my own. Let's put our heads together and figure it out kind of thing. [snip] 

Edited by Deddly

Not sure why, but when I joined the "Luna Server" the "server" said some random things in the chat then banned me with no reason whatsoever. Has anyone got an explanation? Am I not supposed to join this server?

Some posts have been removed from this thread. There's no need to attack each other over this stuff, guys. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to play LMP with my brother, who is on the same network as me; I'm hosting the server and he keeps getting disconnected a few minutes after joining, because his connection has timed out. Is there any way to make this happen less often, or not at all? 

Hi guys, I just wanted to remind you that this mod is made on my spare time, at this moment we are only 2 developers and it's not an easy task to make something designed for single player available to several players, the mod is still in beta, it's not in the addons release forum as it's not stable. If there's some bug/improvement and you want it solved ASAP, feel free to fix it and do a push request as other developers have done.

Besides this, let me remind you of the wiki page (https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki) most of the issues I've seen are explained there

• Like 1

I have a server setup for me and 1 other player. Sometimes we seem to have issues after warping and it messes everything up. It's usually when he loads into a ship to fly a lot of the orbits get messed up and they magically start orbiting other planets for heading into space somewhere.

Anyone know what the solution to this is?

Thanks,

Posted (edited)

read the wiki people read the wiki! It is your friend. Its free and doesn't cost you nothing but a little time. Test things out. Try different things. See what works and what does not work. Trial and error,experiment with it, and in doing so you will learn alot! https://github.com/LunaMultiplayer/LunaMultiplayer/wiki

.-.. -- .--. / .. ... / .. -. / -... . - .- .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / -- . .- -. ... / .. - / .. ... / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. .. ... .... . -.. / -.-- . -  ;)

Edited by Redneck
  • Like 1