Can someone please give me a FPS boost mod name I have slow FPS because I’m using SciFi graphics mod and sctterer  

(I love those mods and I don’t wont to delete them and i can’t upgrade my CPU because I’m playing on laptop whit intel pentium n3700 4core 2.4GHz) so I need a mod

Edited by BlackEyedPhantom

3 hours ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

Can someone please give me a FPS boost mod name I have slow FPS because I’m using SciFi graphics mod and sctterer  

(I love those mods and I don’t wont to delete them and i can’t upgrade my CPU because I’m playing on laptop whit intel pentium n3700 4core 2.4GHz) so I need a mod

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

The thread you originally posted in is long dead (nobody posted there for a year and a half), so you're unlikely to get answers there.  I've taken the liberty of splitting your post into a topic of its own, and moved it here to the tech support forum where you're more likely to get the kind of help you need.

With regard to your actual request here:  I can go ahead and tell you that you're unlikely to find a magic wand, here.  Computer games take a lot of graphics horsepower to render.  When the FPS drops, it's because you just don't have the hardware to support what you're trying to do.

The reason you see your FPS drop when you install fancy graphics mods is that those are "expensive" mods that eat up a lot of graphics power.  So yeah, you're going to see your frame rate drop when you use them.  By the way-- you mention your CPU, but in this case it's probably irrelevant.  It's graphics that are causing your issue here, and what you need is a better graphics card.

So there's not going to be any magic bullet; there's no such thing as an "FPS boost mod" for a situation like that.  What you're doing is essentially like trying to tow a 100-ton trailer with a VW Beetle; it's just not gonna go very fast.  And if you need to go faster, there are really only two ways to do it:  lighten the load on the trailer, or get a bigger and more powerful vehicle to tow it.

So, in your current situation, basically you only have two options.  Either boost your power (by getting a better graphics card), or else lighten the load (by uninstalling those fancy graphics f/x mods, and/or lowering your graphics settings such as playing at lower resolution).  Other than that, your only realistic choice would be to just get used to low FPS.  It's one of life's harsh realities.

I totally get where you're coming from.  KSP is fun, and it's especially fun when it's really pretty.  :)  However... pretty comes with a price.  You can have stunning graphics with all the bells and whistles... but that requires serious graphics hardware, and there's not really any way around that.  Your hardware will limit how pretty you can be.

2 hours ago, Snark said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

The thread you originally posted in is long dead (nobody posted there for a year and a half), so you're unlikely to get answers there.  I've taken the liberty of splitting your post into a topic of its own, and moved it here to the tech support forum where you're more likely to get the kind of help you need.

With regard to your actual request here:  I can go ahead and tell you that you're unlikely to find a magic wand, here.  Computer games take a lot of graphics horsepower to render.  When the FPS drops, it's because you just don't have the hardware to support what you're trying to do.

The reason you see your FPS drop when you install fancy graphics mods is that those are "expensive" mods that eat up a lot of graphics power.  So yeah, you're going to see your frame rate drop when you use them.  By the way-- you mention your CPU, but in this case it's probably irrelevant.  It's graphics that are causing your issue here, and what you need is a better graphics card.

So there's not going to be any magic bullet; there's no such thing as an "FPS boost mod" for a situation like that.  What you're doing is essentially like trying to tow a 100-ton trailer with a VW Beetle; it's just not gonna go very fast.  And if you need to go faster, there are really only two ways to do it:  lighten the load on the trailer, or get a bigger and more powerful vehicle to tow it.

So, in your current situation, basically you only have two options.  Either boost your power (by getting a better graphics card), or else lighten the load (by uninstalling those fancy graphics f/x mods, and/or lowering your graphics settings such as playing at lower resolution).  Other than that, your only realistic choice would be to just get used to low FPS.  It's one of life's harsh realities.

I totally get where you're coming from.  KSP is fun, and it's especially fun when it's really pretty.  :)  However... pretty comes with a price.  You can have stunning graphics with all the bells and whistles... but that requires serious graphics hardware, and there's not really any way around that.  Your hardware will limit how pretty you can be.

OK thanks i just have to uninstall scatterer its slowing my FPS down SCiFi is cool

48 minutes ago, Jack the Green Ghost said:

OK thanks i just have to uninstall scatterer its slowing my FPS down SCiFi is cool

There ya go.  :)

Yeah, scatterer is gorgeous as heck, but it's a serious graphics hog.  For the longest time, I was salivating at other people's screenshots but couldn't run it myself because it tanked my framerate.  Eventually I got around to shelling out for a much nicer graphics card, and then it worked.

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted out!

On 12/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, Snark said:

There ya go.  :)

Yeah, scatterer is gorgeous as heck, but it's a serious graphics hog.  For the longest time, I was salivating at other people's screenshots but couldn't run it myself because it tanked my framerate.  Eventually I got around to shelling out for a much nicer graphics card, and then it worked.

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted out!

tnx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.