More Female Defaults?

Would two new female veteran Kerbals to be released?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would two new female veteran Kerbals to be released?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but have them a the first in the astronaut complex hiring list

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I said Kerbal days and that can be fast forwarded with time warp in a matter of minutes check my full post please

The reason I suggest this is as stated so Veteran Kerbals are better on missions than your average joe Kerbal (statistically) also It's easily possible to get Veteran Kerbals but Requires time and detication, If it is instantaneous then what's so special about Jeb and all the other Veterans we have if it takes TIME and currency you need to Ration your vets across missions. They feel special also if you read my full post which that was just a except you would see that their can be Kerbonaut Classes to train MULTIPLE Kerbals at a time.

Training should take many kerbal months at the least.

Time needs to matter more in ksp. Goals need time limits to be such that training (in this case), and r&d (which should also take months for each node) become impediments to consider. 7 years from early human flight for NASA to the moon was insanely fast. So it should be in ksp.

Yeah, that means loads of time warp—-which is just fine.

15 minutes ago, tater said:

Training should take many kerbal months at the least.

Time needs to matter more in ksp. Goals need time limits to be such that training (in this case), and r&d (which should also take months for each node) become impediments to consider. 7 years from early human flight for NASA to the moon was insanely fast. So it should be in ksp.

Yeah, that means loads of time warp—-which is just fine.

Wait what you complained about the length and now you want it? 

Plesse read my full post it's a new thread It still takes time I have reasons for it being short but long depending if you timewarp 

I have removed some off-topic conversation, some of which was frankly insulting and I'm disappointed in those involved. There is no place for "PC Master Race" on this forum, and when someone makes a suggestion for KSP development, the answer is never just "there's a mod for that", because these are discussions for stock KSP.

If you have anything on topic to say, please do so. If it's off topic, please post it somewhere else or say it via PM.

I would say that the devs should stick to software engineering instead of social engineering.

The first consideration should be what effect having 6 initial astronauts has on game play, not what effect it has on society. Moreover, I do not believe for even one second that any technically- minded females out there are going to allow something as trivial as gender distribution in a video game to influence their decision to pursue a career in STEM. This change would have zero social effect whatsoever.

Best,
-Slashy

PS Thanks to @KerBlitz Kerman for motivating me to learn about stoma.

Edited by GoSlash27

1 minute ago, GoSlash27 said:

I would say that the devs should stick to software engineering instead of social engineering.

The first consideration should be what effect having 6 initial astronauts has on game play, not what effect it has on society. Moreover, I do not believe for even one second that any technically- minded females out there are going to allow something as trivial as gender distribution in a video game to influence their decision to pursue a career in STEM. This change would have zero social effect whatsoever.

Best,
-Slashy

I completely agree with that sentiment but I think their should be more Veteran Astronauts Irregardless... Can you resd my Topic and Reply their?

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Where you talking to me and what is WRT? I'm terrible at abbreviations lol sorry

COD,

Aye. "WRT"= With Respect To. No worries :D

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

13 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Wait what you complained about the length and now you want it? 

I complained 14 days wasn't remotely long enough.

I'd prefer a system where the player, as presumptive manager of a space program, is presented with varied astronaut candidates (names, skill levels, etc), and then hires the ones he wants.

If the space program in question has too many fatalities, the cost should go up, as well (perhaps cost is a function of Rep, and fatalities made brutal to rep).

2 minutes ago, tater said:

I complained 14 days wasn't remotely long enough.

I'd prefer a system where the player, as presumptive manager of a space program, is presented with varied astronaut candidates (names, skill levels, etc), and then hires the ones he wants.

If the space program in question has too many fatalities, the cost should go up, as well (perhaps cost is a function of Rep, and fatalities made brutal to rep).

Have you read my post?

6 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Have you read my post?

Of course I read your post, I replied to it. What part of my statement was unclear?

I want meaningful time. Meaning that you should think in terms of kerbal YEARS to achieve a Mun landing. Not the current hours (or perhaps a fortnight with your training regime) of kerbal time it takes now (of which the large majority is actual travel time in space, NO time progresses on the ground unless you warp for a rendezvous, or something).

Yes, most all of this will progress via time warp---as it should be, that's what it's there for.

1 minute ago, tater said:

Of course I read your post, I replied to it. What part of my statement was unclear?

I want meaningful time. Meaning that you should think in terms of kerbal YEARS to achieve a Mun landing. Not the current hours (or perhaps a fortnight with your training regime) of kerbal time it takes now (of which the large majority is actual travel time in space, NO time progresses on the ground unless you warp for a rendezvous, or something).

Yes, most all of this will progress via time warp---as it should be, that's what it's there for.

What you want EVERYTHING in the solar system to have no time progression? WHAT? I don't thinks that's what you want

Alsomit takes multiple days for a mun landing, and the whole thing is supposed to be on a smaller scale so it's more accessible to people it's not real solar system for a reason, I'm not sure I feel we should have this Beyond 14 Kerbal days but the actual requirements for each Kerbal should be hard

5 minutes ago, tater said:

What you want EVERYTHING in the solar system to have no time progression? WHAT? I don't thinks that's what you want

Alsomit takes multiple days for a mun landing, and the whole thing is supposed to be on a smaller scale so it's more accessible to people it's not real solar system for a reason, I'm not sure I feel we should have this Beyond 14 Kerbal days but the actual requirements for each Kerbal should be hard

And you didn't comment on my most my post I'm referencing is a thread in suggestions and development Called Imrpovemnt of Kerbals and Associated Programs.

31 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

You are obviously not thinking very clearly. Can you not read? I want training crew to take a realistic amount of Kerbal-days. So they might train for a kerbal year or more to gain a skill level.

2 weeks to train an astronaut? Now, the time progression from inventing rocketry to launching a Mun landing might be 3 hours and 14 days. Design takes zero time, and the first few flights eat up under an hour, generally. Time means NOTHING in KSP as it is, that needs to change. Try KCT some time.

What are you talking about? Try using language clearly, please. Quote something I said that could be construed by anyone as "no time progression." I said precisely the opposite, everything should take time. Building a rocket should take time, for example. Time spent in the VAB designing a rocket should convert into weeks or months of kerbal time. Spend an hour one night making a cool ship? Hit "save" and time has just skipped forward 6 months.

And you didn't comment on my most my post I'm referencing is a thread in suggestions and development Called Imrpovemnt of Kerbals and Associated Programs.

I have no idea what you are talking about, I'm entirely referring to your post up this thread. Why, pray tell, would I reply to a post in some other thread in this one? 

If you think training should take 14 days, instead of many weeks or months, then I have no interest in your other thread. Adding a little time doesn't help, KSP needs more rational time intervals for everything, because time matters.

I'd sooner they spent the 5 minutes it takes to implement this on literally fixing anything else in the game. I couldn't and shouldn't give two hoots about the "gender equality" of a fictional species that doesn't eat, sleep, age, survives freefall from over 20km and only possesses aerospace infrastructure.

As far as I'm concerned, apart from the hair and eyes, they're a bunch of sexless little green minions.

I'm also highly against interfering with the original four and their orange suits. [snipped by moderator]  

Edited by Deddly

18 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

Best,
-Slashy

PS Thanks to @KerBlitz Kerman for motivating me to learn about stoma.

I have always wanted to say to your profile picture:

Brutal.

Despite all the gentle reminders and kind requests from the moderation team, people insist on posting sexist remarks in this thread. Be assured that this is not tolerated in this community and it will be dealt with according to the forum rules. Since it repeatedly has gone off topic, the thread is now closed, though you can still feel free to vote in the poll. 

Those of you who posted sexist remarks should feel ashamed of yourselves and could perhaps stop to consider why you feel threatened by some cartoon characters with long eyelashes.