1.25 to 2.5 (and 2.5 to 3.75) cargo bays?

Phelan

Does anyone know of any mods for cargo bays (or service bays or whatever) with the general shape of for example the Rockomax Brand Adapter (1.25 to 2.5 adapter) and Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 (2.5 to 3.75)? Yes, I know I can clip stuff into the adapters, but that's always at best meh (especially if you want to access the stuff's right-click menus). Unstaged fairings won't help since I want to attach stuff to the sides (think of a SpaceX Dragon-like cargo capsule for example).

Asking for "adapter cargo bays"? Interesting. From what I know, a cargo bay's effective space (for aero shielding) can only have a cylinder shape, not a conical or any other shape. Such a bay may have to be provided in 2+ component parts to allow for stacking effective spaces with differing radii, and to keep the practicality of attaching things to the inside of the wall at the wider or widest end.

Thanks, but that looks basically like a specialized fairing. For one, it's too small for my purposes, it doesn't look like anything could be attached to the outsides (like SpaceX-style SuperDraco engines from the Kerbal Reusability mod), and it doesn't open and close like a cargo or service bay.

If you are not familiar with mods, here's two suggestions:

SXT has a LOT of parts, some you maybe find useful, others don't. A mod called Janitor's Closet can disable parts that you don't want, since they consume RAM, load time and space in the list. But you'll probably find more cool and useful parts that you'll want to keep.

You can also use this with a Mk2 > 2.5 adapter, and make it 3.75 with Tweakscale.

Another very great but less known mod for Mk2 parts: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/145635-131-quiztech-aero-pack-continued/

Already got Janitor's Closet, but yup, thanks :)

And I'm ideally just looking for 'round' ones (main interest is realyl basically an unmanned 'cargo' 2.5m pod à la Dragon. Besides, trying to get on without Tweakscale this time around, it can be a bit cheaty, at least the cost (scaling down bigger parts can make them EXTREMELY cheap :wink: )

Dammit, didn't see in the pic that it was a Mk2 adapter, I should have looked more closely :(

It seems that shaped cargo bays shouldn't be an issue with the aerodynamics of KSP, so I guess I'll just keep hoping for some 'round' adapter ones :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.