KSP Weekly: Longest Stay on the Moon

SQUAD

16 hours ago, Mako said:

1.2_loud_and_clear.jpg

Way to needlessly obstruct that docking port... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

I mean, the "graphics don't matter" crowd can't honestly say that if two identical games were released, except one had poor art and one had attractive art (to them), that they wouldn't choose the version with attractive art.

Hit the nail squarely on the head.

27 minutes ago, Mako said:

If you're getting hung up on what it's called: don't. What it's called is arbitrary. Call it an update, call it a new game, call it a pineapple; it doesn't change what it is.

What it is is a re-release of the console port that features a working, updated version with some improvements and requires a new full download because it was completely rebuilt from scratch. Anything else said about it is business and marketing stuff that doesn't change what is being delivered by the end of January (if they hit their deadline).

That's what I'm saying but I'm also saying you will lose your data

I was one of those who didn’t really care about the appearance of the parts one way or another. Until I saw how the stock parts could look with the PBR shaders and a conversion patch, then I was hooked. A part revamp with the PBR layers properly cooked in would be stellar, and they don’t have to be chrome plated. 

*sigh* /dream

11 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I was one of those who didn’t really care about the appearance of the parts one way or another. Until I saw how the stock parts could look with the PBR shaders and a conversion patch, then I was hooked. A part revamp with the PBR layers properly cooked in would be stellar, and they don’t have to be chrome plated.

It wouldn't look right though, KSP's aesthetic is literally "garbage". Sez so right in the part descriptions. Anything else would be "jarring".

:rolleyes:

32 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

That's what I'm saying but I'm also saying you will lose your data

As I've previously said, that would be my expectation since the the port was remade from scratch and specifically needed to fix the problems the original version had regarding save games.

That also doesn't change the update from being an update. Any in-development software can render saves made on older versions incompatible with newer versions at any time for a variety of reasons. Devs try to avoid it if possible because it's disruptive to users, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I'd be surprised if now wasn't one of those times.

That being said, I suspect it will affect very few console players. Many seem to  have already had the game destroy their save files anyway, so in this case the disruption for most users is likely minimized by the one of the most problematic things the update intends to correct.

47 minutes ago, Mako said:

As I've previously said, that would be my expectation since the the port was remade from scratch and specifically needed to fix the problems the original version had regarding save games.

That also doesn't change the update from being an update. Any in-development software can render saves made on older versions incompatible with newer versions at any time for a variety of reasons. Devs try to avoid it if possible because it's disruptive to users, but sometimes it's unavoidable. I'd be surprised if now wasn't one of those times.

That being said, I suspect it will affect very few console players. Many seem to  have already had the game destroy their save files anyway, so in this case the disruption for most users is likely minimized by the one of the most problematic things the update intends to correct.

Ok I really don't care anymore

Hi everyone. I think it is important to clarify that KSP Enhanced Edition is not an update. As we've said before, it has been built form the ground up - that is - a brand new version,  a different developer and, naturally, new code. We have been doing our best to create a high quality product that will live to the expectation of our players, but on the downside the save files from the previous version will no longer be compatible with Enhanced Edition. Do not despair, though: although we have taken the older version out from the stores, we will keep it on the Xbox/PlayStation servers so anyone who had previously bought KSP on consoles will still be able to download and play it. No data will be overwritten, so you won't lose your progress. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and, on the brightside, you'll be able to get twice as many achievements from playing both versions.

We’re 're excited to continue sharing sharing more info about the Enhanced Edition in upcoming KSP Weekly posts.

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Does anyone know how much Making History is going to cost? Was it announced anywhere

We haven't announced it yet. We'll disclose those details as we get closer to the release :wink:

2 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Hi everyone. I think it is important to clarify that KSP Enhanced Edition is not an update. As we've said before, it has been built form the ground up - that is - a brand new version,  a different developer and, naturally, new code. We have been doing our best to create a high quality product that will live to the expectation of our players, but on the downside the save files from the previous version will no longer be compatible with Enhanced Edition. Do not despair, though: although we have taken the older version out from the stores, we will keep it on the Xbox/PlayStation servers so anyone who had previously bought KSP on consoles will still be able to download and play it. No data will be overwritten, so you won't lose your progress. KSP Enhanced Edition will appear on your library as a separate game and, on the brightside, you'll be able to get twice as many achievements from playing both versions.

We’re 're excited to continue sharing sharing more info about the Enhanced Edition in upcoming KSP Weekly posts.

We haven't announced yet. We'll disclose those details as we get closer to the release :wink:

Thanks for clarifying

When we get 1.3 what will be the same game at 1.2.2 right?

The enhanced version is the game that's primary now right?

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, SQUAD said:

We do have something to show, though. Remember our FL-R25 RCS Fuel Tank? We, this is one of the parts that has been given a fresh new look. Check it out!

tumblr_inline_p0nuvvu7EP1rr2wit_540.png

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, Majorjim! said:

Sorry to be 'that guy' but the current RCS tank looks a lot better than those odd replacements.. It looks like a low res basket of eggs..

Late to the party, sorry.  But I'm with you Jim and the others expressing similar sentiments.  Poor Squad/TT, you do try, you really do.  Forget that the eggs look silly, I'm wondering... if you're taking the time to retexture, why retexture the portion of the part that won't even be visible?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.