[1.9+] Thor Tech v0.9.6.8 ~ [Aug 07, 2020]

JadeOfMaar

On 1/13/2018 at 5:35 PM, baconfortress said:

So put in some work today rebuilding some of my mission craft for the updated parts and the surprise of them actually working!  Figured I was really enjoying the mod and shoudl share what its made possible.These pictures of mostly of a warpjet based craft i was flying on Dreidos. 

qPEwI2U.png

This is the rear engine setup, big warpjets for flying in atmosphere and aerospikes for leaving it. Turbofans on the wings and beside the cockpit are for navigation on the ground

5ccdxB9.png

Most of the craft in my current lineup dont have traditional landing gear and instead use gravity repulsors. I tend to land craft like this on water to make a smooth landing a sure thing. its also pretty and fun to do.

g1kxavs.png

The ship uses grappling hooks to secure itself once it reaches its destination, it can lower or raise the strength of its repulsors (and the length of line from the winches) to bring the ships boarding ramp in line with the ground or to help it deliver its payload of science and rovers/etcYHaQoXN.png

for the record this is why we do so many test flights, my lower airbrakes met a rather messy end, but my payload is here and safe. 

L8Tub6R.jpg

This last photo is from my lunar builder module. This gigantic craft delivers an entire colony to a body without atmoshpere. the habitats, mining facilities and ground utility and science vehicles are contained in its belly, with 2 shuttlecraft docked on top of it. the inside of this thing is kinda nuts. The shuttlecraft all use thor engines for their efficiency with the electrical support

You put my best builds to shame. Well done!

3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

WOW! Amazing, now all I wanna know is, can this be used to make SSTO's? Also the pics, does this come with some spaceplane parts or just 2 cockpits alone?

Yes, you can make SSTOs with this. They can be quite OP at stock scale but once you step up, maybe even to real scale, Thor Tech will very nicely scratch a very terrible gameplay itch. Thor Tech is also focused on making oxygen-less atmospheres more fun to operate in.

Spaceplane parts, no, not in the general sense. You get engines, special tanks, intakes, a radiator, nuclear reactors and the two cockpits but no array of cool things like a big family of wings and functional body pieces.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 4/19/2018 at 7:08 PM, The-Doctor said:

Can the reactor be used to power starships? I'm back in the starships business

Probably not. They're not intended for that kind of scale. The largest one (2.5m) only produces 900 EC/s, and I remember screenshots of your giant KSPI-powered truss project.

7 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

could I have the craft file? Also what planet is that?

I think ya got the wrong guy but I'm pretty sure the planet was from OPM

Actually, it's from Gameslinx Planet Overhaul. Sorry 'bout dat

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155740-131-gameslinxs-planet-overhaul-v330-biome-overhauls/&page=17

Edited by Fireheart318

2 hours ago, Lt. Alex Kerman said:

nice, nice, all well and good, but where is the air intake on that nuclear reactor?

I don't where you're going or what picture you have in mind with this question if it is towards me.

Thor Tech and Deep Sky Core provide several intakes but none are built into any reactors.

20 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I don't where you're going or what picture you have in mind with this question if it is towards me.

Thor Tech and Deep Sky Core provide several intakes but none are built into any reactors.

just being silly, didn't mean it.

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

[Crashes nuclear boat] Hey, what happened to reverse thrust!?

I didn't make that clear in the changelog. I removed the Firespitter dependency...that also unfortunately means reverse thrust too. I've been trying to get the prop engines to work with Kerbal Actuators instead.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I didn't make that clear in the changelog. I removed the Firespitter dependency...that also unfortunately means reverse thrust too. I've been trying to get the prop engines to work with Kerbal Actuators instead.

Why can't they just use the stock version?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.