[1.9+] Thor Tech v0.9.6.8 ~ [Aug 07, 2020]

JadeOfMaar

12 hours ago, Lazerwulf said:

IS there a button or something I need to push to activeate burst mode once I have that on?

Toggle Mode in the PAW (part action window, right-click window)... But it's been a while, maybe you already know that now? :sticktongue:

12 hours ago, Lazerwulf said:

BTW Jade, thank you for you help. I really enjoy that you take the time to explain things and support your product.  +1

you're welcome :D

Just now, Norcalplanner said:

It's official - this mod (along with The Spice) is a part of my new 1.4.4 career. 

I may have questions in the future after I unlock some of the more interesting parts. :-)

Sweeeet. :) 

(A small heads up. If you're looking forward to Burst Mode, you won't get it if you install Spice. Spice Rocket mode will replace Burst Mode and normal WarpJet mode is buffed to compensate)

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sweeeet. :) 

(A small heads up. If you're looking forward to Burst Mode, you won't get it if you install Spice. Spice Rocket mode will replace Burst Mode and normal WarpJet mode is buffed to compensate)

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

On 6/28/2018 at 10:37 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Toggle Mode in the PAW (part action window, right-click window)... But it's been a while, maybe you already know that now? :sticktongue:

you're welcome :D

Didn't know its name, but I tried that and nothing. Perhaps I need to update/download something else?

@Lazerwulf You need to have the latest of these two folders, inside of GameData/DeepSky, like this. And they are both linked on the OP of this thread.

ANwHmtH.png

Look for these two highlighted things in flight and in the editors.

jrg8dXk.jpg

ptjGQMm.jpg

Always make sure to have a few of this DS Burst Mode Charger on the craft so you can use Burst Mode for any decent stretch of time.

GPJk7z7.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I hate to ask this, but could you include a version of the atmosphere verniers that would be usable with stock intakes? I want to use them with more aircraft, but right now I can't simply because the aiRCS only works with intakes that use a strange element.

6 hours ago, Mekan1k said:

atmosphere verniers that would be usable with stock intakes?

I have a better idea, and I should have done this before. I'll add IntakeAtm to all other intakes. Why? Because it would be a waste to clone those verniers and have these clones only usable on Kerbin, and Oxygen's presence is not important to a thing that uses pressurized gas of any sort for thrust.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have a better idea, and I should have done this before. I'll add IntakeAtm to all other intakes. Why? Because it would be a waste to clone those verniers and have these clones only usable on Kerbin, and Oxygen's presence is not important to a thing that uses pressurized gas of any sort for thrust.

That should work, just as long as the atmosRCS can run on normal air from stock intakes.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Fireheart318 Oh reeeeeeally? ...Yeah I can do that. :p 

Holy... There's thrust torque showing in KER... :o

How do you check thrust torque? Also, I'm not asking that you change the current Mk2 SHIEDLNIR. It should be a new part, as asymmetric parts have a lot of uses and it would probably screw up existing designs. Also also, I remember you saying something about generating oxidizer on the go. What part does that?.. I kiiiinda designed a whole plane around recharging a rocket engine using the Code Blue transpirators.

Edited by Fireheart318

Also also also, the Warpjet engines cause the horizon to explode backwards when they run out of burst charge. Pretty cool but not on an engine.

Also also also also, I did everything until the actual typing without touching the keyboard, including the copy-paste :D

3 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

How do you check thrust torque? Also, I'm not asking that you change the current Mk2 SHIEDLNIR. It should be a new part, as asymmetric parts have a lot of uses and it would probably screw up existing designs. Also also, I remember you saying something about generating oxidizer on the go. What part does that?.. I kiiiinda designed a whole plane around recharging a rocket engine using the Code Blue transpirators.

Spoiler

WjAmPG8.jpg

Look where it says TORQUE across the KER window up there. That's the amount of offset force that causes the craft to tumble. It was originally higher (about 1.41 kNm) but I've narrowed it down this far. It's not easy to do this because the axes you align your model to are different in KSP versus in a 3D modeling software.

Okay, why then is there a need for a symmetrical, separate and possible redundant Mk2 Shieldnir? Simply for visual options? (That I can understand. I don't feel strongly against it.)

Two of the four high speed intakes (DS Voyager Mk2 and the DS RBM Variable) have a form of the Skylon Intercooler feature for producing Oxidizer in-flight. Velocity is very important, and the feature needs to be unlocked in career mode or your sandbox save needs to have part upgrades enabled. They're meant to more than cater for the Voyager series aerospikes but just barely meet the full demand of a Rapier.

2 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Also also also, the Warpjet engines cause the horizon to explode backwards when they run out of burst charge. Pretty cool but not on an engine.

Also also also also, I did everything until the actual typing without touching the keyboard, including the copy-paste :D

Since I developed The Spice very far I've almost never kept Thor Tech installed without Spice so I wouldn't have noticed that. :/ Well, I'm already working on replacement models for the Japier engines...This is more good reason for me to work on those.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Thor Tech 0.9.6.3

• Moved MillPower resource to DS Core
  • Painted undersides of Radial Transpirator for distinction in part selection or R&D facility
  • Added lift surface to Argo WarpJet engine
  • Shieldnir works as Kerbalism rad shields

Deep Sky Core 3.0.2

• Added feature to add IntakeAtm or Atmosphere to all intakes that don't have it (partially for the air RCS problem)
  • Centralized MillPower resource
  • Disabled flameout plume in Japier engines
  • IntakeLOX in Classic Stock mode produces Oxidizer now, not Oxium

DOWNLOAD v0.9.6.3 :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

GET DEEP SKY CORE :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 4 weeks later...

What do you get when you don't know what you're doing and graft an electric turbofan onto an existing rocket design?  In my case, something that looked like this:

bvDIzmO.png

Sort of like an overweight manned missile with really bad performance.  I freely acknowledge the horribleness of the design.  :D

• 1 month later...

@JadeOfMaar I went ahead and modified the razor vtol into a hybrid... (i know - i'm a horrible person ;.; )

Atm i'm using the original exhaust for the air breathing mode and the Ari exhaust for the closed one. But the Ari doesn't quite fit visually, so i've come to shamelessly ask for any ideas for the closed mode exhaust. (still a horrible person...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.