[1.9+] Thor Tech v0.9.6.8 ~ [Aug 07, 2020]

JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JadeOfMaar as I understand it, the intent with this mod is to use TweakScale to make alternate engine sizes, so you don't have to make like, 2.5m and 3.75m engines. However, with the new 1.25m  hybrid aerospike, the larges TweakScale will let me make it, is 1.875m. Is this intentional? I'd like bigger ones, but there's none available.

@AmpCat That was intentional. My reasons were that the engine and its plumes look dumb when scaled up, and that I had a logical based feeling that a single plasma aerospike (with such a basic look) couldn't be that large. I've changed my mind on that and I want to provide a 2.5m aerospike. But I've given it low priority due to other matters and other modding work.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@AmpCat That was intentional. My reasons were that the engine and its plumes look dumb when scaled up, and that I had a logical based feeling that a single plasma aerospike (with such a basic look) couldn't be that large. I've changed my mind on that and I want to provide a 2.5m aerospike. But I've given it low priority due to other matters and other modding work.

Gotcha. Would be cool to have a fancy model if you have the time, like @Nertea did for his nuclear aerospikes! But I know that's a lot of work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thor Tech 0.9.6.4

• Shieldnir for any airbrakes. Once you have an active shieldnir cone on ship, they'll survive Eve reentry along with the rest of the ship.
  • Allow any 1.25m engine to upscale to 2.5m, not just 1.875m (high demand for plasma aerospike).
  • Argo Mk2 Warpjet will hold some IntakeAtm due to WarpJet nature.
  • RCS now available in Air, LFO, MonoPropellant.
  • No longer shipping MiniAVC.

(Overdue update. Nothing big... Yet. ;) )

DOWNLOAD v0.9.6.4 :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

GET DEEP SKY CORE :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

No longer shipping MiniAVC. Use full KSP AVC for all-in-one-window update checking.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases

2 hours ago, inkoalawetrust said:

Do the parts in this mod have CTT integration ?

Yes.

22 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I noticed a lot of people dropping AVC support. What's the story behind that? Just the miniAVC thing?

Just MiniAVC. These prompts (usually the incompatible KSP alert) have a bad habit of appearing more than once, as much as 3 times in my experience, per mod that's carrying the plugin. And it gets unbelievably annoying when either:

• You're a mod maker and you restart KSP frequently (normal for mod-making);
  • You have many mods installed and you have to click at least once for all of them anyway.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes.

Just MiniAVC. These prompts (usually the incompatible KSP alert) have a bad habit of appearing more than once, as much as 3 times in my experience, per mod that's carrying the plugin. And it gets unbelievably annoying when either:

• You're a mod maker and you restart KSP frequently (normal for mod-making);
  • You have many mods installed and you have to click at least once for all of them anyway.

Oh, trust me, I feel it. I get those annoying popups a lot too.

Is it normal for KSP to take around 10minutes to load? I have a nice, fast SSD and all that, and it's still painfully slow. I've thought about digging into mod making, and that seems impossible to deal with.

10 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

Oh, trust me, I feel it. I get those annoying popups a lot too.

Is it normal for KSP to take around 10minutes to load? I have a nice, fast SSD and all that, and it's still painfully slow. I've thought about digging into mod making, and that seems impossible to deal with.

No it's not normal. I've heard some cases that 1.5 actually loses performance vs 1.4. I have yet to let Steam download 1.5 for me.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No it's not normal. I've heard some cases that 1.5 actually loses performance vs 1.4. I have yet to let Steam download 1.5 for me.

It's been like this for a long time. I think it's just the number of mods I have. If it's clean, it's not that bad. Maybe 30 seconds.

4 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

@JadeOfMaar, do you do much modeling for these, or just borrow existing models? I've noticed some issues, and have some comments on the models, but if you're not doing the models, it's probably not useful.

I started this mod by borrowing models. I had no skill at the time, but I'm working (however slowly) on replacing most of them, especially the reactors (because they scream "KSPI power source").

Regardless of the value of your comment/critique, I'd like to know what you're thinking. I'm getting back into playing and enjoying KSP, I think :P , so it's welcome.

I'll keep that in mind!

I've forgotten most of the notes I had, other than the mk2 flat cockpit you have (I don't recall the part name, let me know if you need it) doesn't have a window lights on feature, and while your shield nose cone has this nice blue, your hybrid mk2 aerospike has a spot that looks like it should glow, but doesn't.

• 2 months later...

Deep Sky Core 3.0.6

• Added in-game declarations for compatibility with WBI Play Mode

Thor Tech 0.9.6.6

• Fixed missing bulkhead profiles.
  • Missing Tweakscale for new RCS ports.
  • Added in-game declarations for compatibility with WBI Play Mode.

Sorry for not delivering anything particularly interesting yet/ in a long time. :P

GET THOR TECH :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

GET DEEP SKY CORE :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.