Extreme Physics Warp

MatterBeam

Hello!

I've been trying out the Better Time Warp mod, specifically its option to edit the Physics Warp settings to higher multipliers.

I have incrementally increased the multiplier from x5 all the way to x10000. This is to test whether low-thrust spacecraft can perform 'spiralling orbits' in KSP. 0ntQA5A.png

The test craft had only 4 parts, an initial mass of 12.7 tons and a thrust of 355 Newtons. Its deltaV is 16058m/s.

gLGOjTY.png

It should have an acceleration of 335/12711: 0.02636m/s^2, which is equivalent to 2.6 milligee.
This craft should have been able to reach the moon (3949m/s) in 1.7 days of continuous thrust. And yet, here it is 2 days later:
9MvIfyB.png

It has barely produced 471m/s in the time it should have produced about 4710m/s! This is a 10x reduction in the acceleration it should have. 

Darn it... :/

I have to say, I'm not surprised. I have already experienced this to a certain extent at much lower physics warp settings (x3, x4...) with reasonably sized vehicles on my vintage Mac.

Take the example of that 9 hour burn I made at x4 for one of my probes. I started the burn 4.5 hours before the node, but it wasn't complete until 10 hours after the node in game, even though only approximately three hours of real time had passed.

I guess this sums it up...

ppRfZbJ.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.