Is there a mod that can switch KSC in mid-flight?

lextacy

So I have RSS and all that good stuff and the stock game DSN system keeps disconnecting when my chosen KSC goes occluded. BUT arent there suppose to be "extra ground stations" ?!  I have this toggled on and it doesnt work. I need a mod that will switch KSC to get signal back.....IN FLIGHT!!!   Im so sick of getting out into the tracking station to pick a new KSC location thhen having to constantly load the flight scene again and again. Getting ridiculous. 

mods installed:

-Kopernicus

-KSC Switcher

-RSS

-RO

-RP-0

I had given some thought to making this work in Switcher a long time ago, when I was still modding it, but the big problem is that you have to reload the PQS when you move KSC. I have no idea what that would do to, say, a plane in flight or whether that would totally disrupt the scene, and never tried 

Regardless, actually making it happen should be a relatively simple thing in Swtcher's code (if it hasn't changed too much), you'd just have to rig up a flight UI.

E: Ah, this is about connections with the stock communications model. RP-0 requires RemoteTech2, and has tons of stations for it is there any reason why you're not using that? If not, have you looked into any mods that add additional stations for the stock comms model?

Edited by regex

16 hours ago, regex said:

I had given some thought to making this work in Switcher a long time ago, when I was still modding it, but the big problem is that you have to reload the PQS when you move KSC. I have no idea what that would do to, say, a plane in flight or whether that would totally disrupt the scene, and never tried 

Regardless, actually making it happen should be a relatively simple thing in Swtcher's code (if it hasn't changed too much), you'd just have to rig up a flight UI.

E: Ah, this is about connections with the stock communications model. RP-0 requires RemoteTech2, and has tons of stations for it is there any reason why you're not using that? If not, have you looked into any mods that add additional stations for the stock comms model?

Good catch. Im trying to go without RT this time around so I can use the new stock comm system. Are you saying I MUST use RT for RO/RP-0? 

What mods are out there for stock comms?

3 hours ago, lextacy said:

Are you saying I MUST use RT for RO/RP-0?

Well, no, but the mod is on the Required list for a reason. RO/RP-0 is designed with it in mind and has no configs for the stock system.

What mods are out there for stock comms?

None that I know of.

1 hour ago, Mrcarrot said:

The easiest solution would be to put a Relay up in Earth orbit, allowing comms signal with the whole planet(may require more than one).

Three in geostationary would cover pretty much everything, and might be the easiest solution. Just orbit edit them up there, call it a day.

7 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

The easiest solution would be to put a Relay up in Earth orbit, allowing comms signal with the whole planet(may require more than one).

Ahh yes ! Forgot about the good ole relays 

6 hours ago, regex said:

Three in geostationary would cover pretty much everything, and might be the easiest solution. Just orbit edit them up there, call it a day.

TDRS will show me the way :wink:  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.