Ippo

Cannot install MKS and USI LS together

Question

Hi everyone, I'm trying to install MKS and USI Life Support together but I can't get them to work.

If I install MKS first and then USI LS, I don't see any part from MKS but Life Support seems ok. If I do the opposite, the opposite happens: installing USI LS and then MKS means that I see all the parts from MKS but all the life support parts are missing.

I'm doing a manual install, I'm not using CKAN. Is there anything obvious I'm missing? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

The parts of both mods go into the same folder. So I guess you are overwriting them instead of integrating them into each other.

@Ippo, What does your GameData look like? It should be something like

GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS

GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport

I'm not 100% on the actual names, but all Roverdude's mods go in the UmbraSpaceIndustries directory

Thanks guys, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. I downloaded the zips and both include a "GameData" folder, so it's hard to get it wrong (they both go into the right folder automatically). I installed via CKAN, then did 3 manual installs after seeing the disclaimer about CKAN; I think I should have merged them right at least once?

I had to leave town for work for a few days, so I cannot triple-check my actual install. I simulated an install on this PC by downloading the zip and expanding them and I confirm that the folders end up as intended. @Nightside, you can be 100% of the names: those are precisely the paths I'm getting.

6 hours ago, Ippo said:

Thanks guys, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. I downloaded the zips and both include a "GameData" folder, so it's hard to get it wrong (they both go into the right folder automatically). I installed via CKAN, then did 3 manual installs after seeing the disclaimer about CKAN; I think I should have merged them right at least once?

I had to leave town for work for a few days, so I cannot triple-check my actual install. I simulated an install on this PC by downloading the zip and expanding them and I confirm that the folders end up as intended. @Nightside, you can be 100% of the names: those are precisely the paths I'm getting.

Oh, do you have Community Category Kit? 

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Oh, do you have Community Category Kit? 

It's included in both downloads, so yes.

I don't know what you're doing wrong, maybe some gamedata info and a log would help? In addition to CCK, you also need Firespitter (just the DLL), CommunityCategoryKit and USITools. Anyway, if you're installing multiple MKS mods, it's best to install from the Constellation and delete any mods you don't want from the USI folder (some mods are required service mods, don't delete those), though you will have to swap out individual mod folders to get the latest updates.

Thanks, I'll try to use the constellation.