[1.12.x] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

linuxgurugamer

maybe you can help me on that one... my problem is, that when my rocket starts the gravity turn and is at only about 10°, but still accelerating... then my fuel flow get's unstable and I can almost never stage (not even hot)... why is that? ... when I use the KW-Rocketry Wildcat engine, I have this problem... when I use the Swivel, I don't have it... *hmm* ... but those are pretty similar

and why don't you use the ullage simulation for bluedogs Sarnus engines? :) ... I'm already asking too much again... sorry

Edited by Rudolf Meier

5 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

maybe you can help me on that one... my problem is, that when my rocket starts the gravity turn and is at only about 10°, but still accelerating... then my fuel flow get's unstable and I can almost never stage (not even hot)... why is that? ... when I use the KW-Rocketry Wildcat engine, I have this problem... when I use the Swivel, I don't have it... *hmm* ... but those are pretty similar

and why don't you use the ullage simulation for bluedogs Sarnus engines? :) ... I'm already asking too much again... sorry

Are you using the latest version, 1.3.5.1  ?

Re the BDB engines, someone needs to make the configs

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you using the latest version, 1.3.5.1  ?

Re the BDB engines, someone needs to make the configs

seems to be 1.3.4.1 ... I'm still on 1.6.1 with this game (some mods are not updated yet) ...

I did read about some problem with this ullage state in the past. But... the code looks good to me :) ... what I cannot explain is the difference between the Wildcat and the Swivel, that doesn't make sense to me. I thought, maybe you have an explanation for this.

47 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

seems to be 1.3.4.1 ... I'm still on 1.6.1 with this game (some mods are not updated yet) ...

I did read about some problem with this ullage state in the past. But... the code looks good to me :) ... what I cannot explain is the difference between the Wildcat and the Swivel, that doesn't make sense to me. I thought, maybe you have an explanation for this.

You should update to the latest, some issues with the ulage were fixed, and what you are describing sounds like the problem.  Latest should work on 1.6.1

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You should update to the latest, some issues with the ulage were fixed, and what you are describing sounds like the problem.  Latest should work on 1.6.1

right... it works now... I didn't think that you had a bug fixed that recently... and next time I will check the version manually, to be sure that I have the latest :) ... I'm not sure anymore, but I thought I did check it with CKAN some days ago

anyway... thanks

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer Hi I'm writing some patches to add support for Knes and ReDirect as well as update stale configs for Tantares, CryoEngines, NearFuture Spacecraft and NF Launch Vehicles. (I might have jumped the gun on a PR, I've closed that and will open a new one once everything is ready.)

While doing so I noticed that some of the patches, in particular the stock ones have :FINAL in them. Do you mind if I remove the FINAL from them during this PR? From what I can tell its unnecessary and I might have a future use case where I would like the patch the ignitions of some stock engines.

Um another thought, what do you think about greatly increasing the range of the launch clamps for external ignitions to several meters? Right now Several tantares monolithic stages like the N1 and Proton first stages use an internal ignition because the engine is seen as too big to ignite. 

I am planning on including a compatibility patch for modular launch pads as well and that will certainly require a very large radius for the big pads with large flame holes. (these pads have the launch clamp module)

I dont think this makes a huge gameplay difference, an external ignition is still required, and the engine will still only be lit on the ground. The only thing that this changes is the need to place clamps very close to the engine. If you're ok with this I can change the value of the ignition range for the stock clamps to something that will work with very large stages similar to the MLP pads.

Edited by Zorg

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

@linuxgurugamer Hi I'm writing some patches to add support for Knes and ReDirect as well as update stale configs for Tantares, CryoEngines, NearFuture Spacecraft and NF Launch Vehicles. (I might have jumped the gun on a PR, I've closed that and will open a new one once everything is ready.)

While doing so I noticed that some of the patches, in particular the stock ones have :FINAL in them. Do you mind if I remove the FINAL from them during this PR? From what I can tell its unnecessary and I might have a future use case where I would like the patch the ignitions of some stock engines.

Thank you thank you for taking the time to add Knes configs as well!!

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Go ahead.  I didn’t write those patches.  For me, I’m just trying to maintain the mod bug free.  I leave it to those interested to make updates like these.

Go ahean and increase the Launch clamp range.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Go ahead.  I didn’t write those patches.  For me, I’m just trying to maintain the mod bug free.  I leave it to those interested to make updates like these.

Go ahean and increase the Launch clamp range.

Yeah I figured those were hold overs from inherited patches but wanted to check with you first. Will clean up during the update.

Hi @linuxgurugamer, while testing out the patches I've been writing, I've discovered a bug. It looks like its possible for ignitions to randomly fail even when fuel is stable. The error message seems to be not enough EC even when there is a considerable excess of EC. This has been reproduced with multiple engines. The failures appear to be random.

I've posted an issue with a screenshot, some more details and output log here. For the moment I am running a patch to remove EC requirements for myself but thats probably not the solution you want.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EngineIgnitor/issues/12

Anyways hope you can take a look when you have time.

@linuxgurugamer I've just opened the pull request. Regarding the EC bug I've included the patch to remove EC requirement as an optional extra (disabled by default) in case you arent able to get to it soon. 

The PR contains:

This pull request adds fresh support for the following:

- ReDirect
- Knes
- ReStock plus
- Near Future Spacecraft
- Near Future Launch Vehicles
- Modular Launch Pads
- Fuji
- Making History

Updates stale configs and newly added parts

- Stock (revamped engines)
- Tantares
- TantaresLV
- CryoEngines

Balance and options

- Increase launch clamp external ignitor range to help with combined tank and engine monolithic stages
- Optional patch to get rid of external ignitors and make all internal (disabled by default). For people who like to say air start a sustainer core after boosters burn out. It probably better to patch individual engines IMO but I had the thought to add this as an option.
- Optional patch to get rid of EC requirement. At time of PR there seems to be an EC related bug, provides another option to customise for players. (Disabled by default)

Cleanup

- remove FINAL pass from any patches that use it.
- Add NEEDS to all updated configs for faster MM patching.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EngineIgnitor/pull/13

Edited by Zorg

3 minutes ago, Carni35 said:

Hi !

Just to know, is there a  non official BDB patch somewhere ?  Even WIP ?

Amazing mod by the way ;)

BDB patches are now maintained within BDB's own compatibility folder. They will be in the next official release but they are available in the github development branch.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/Development

Best would be to use the dev version of BDB. Its quite close to a release. If you just grab the compatiblity files and use with the current release note that the Engine igniter configs will not cover the existing Saturn and Titan engines as they have been replaced with all new parts in the dev version. The patches only target those new engines.

New release, 1.3.5.2 (for 1.7.3)

Thanks to github user @zorg2044 for all of the following:
        Add support for Knes, CryoEngines, NFLV, Restock plus, ReDirect and more.
        add external ignitor module to free standing MLP structures
        Some MM hosuekeeping. remove deprecated cryoengines
        Update clamps configs
        optional remove EC patch
        some more rebalancing
        NFLV rebalance
        tantares ec balance
        fix unbalanced bracket
        add ReStockPlus
        add Making history
        Update stock revamped engines, NFLV ignitor type descr
        Split off Part Overhauls
        Add support for Fuji
        Update reDIRECT
        Add NEEDS to new configs
        Add EC to CryoEngines
        remove FINAL from remaining patches
        Add EC to Knes configs
        Add NF spacecraft
        Update Tantares spacecraft
        Update all internal patch
        TantaresLV update
        remove final from RAPIER, increase range on FASA clamps
        Optional all internal ignitions patch
        Increase ignition range for stock clamps
        Modular Launch pads support
        remove FINAL from stock patches
        Add Knes, update NFLV and CryoEngines
        Near Future Launch Vehicles configs
        New CryoEngines

Hi ! Thanks for this awesome mod ^^

I have a little question. There is a Tantares config, but all the engines I have now ( RD-107/108/110) didn't have an engine button in BAV or limited ignition.

Is it a problem from my installe or they are just not config yet ?

6 hours ago, Carni35 said:

Hi ! Thanks for this awesome mod ^^

I have a little question. There is a Tantares config, but all the engines I have now ( RD-107/108/110) didn't have an engine button in BAV or limited ignition.

Is it a problem from my installe or they are just not config yet ?

I contributed configs for all Tantares engines which were included in the last update and they seem to work fine for me. Please make sure both tantares and engine ignitor are up to date.

The config file has support for the new Soyuz engines but the existing configs for the old ones have been kept in as well.

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

I contributed configs for all Tantares engines which were included in the last update and they seem to work fine for me. Please make sure both tantares and engine ignitor are up to date.

The config file has support for the new Soyuz engines but the existing configs for the old ones have been kept in as well.

I have reinstalled the last realeases for both and still nothing for  all tantares engines. Which is strange because other stocks or mod parts (like BDB) have their engine ignitor config in game. I don't understand why...

48 minutes ago, Carni35 said:

I have reinstalled the last realeases for both and still nothing for  all tantares engines. Which is strange because other stocks or mod parts (like BDB) have their engine ignitor config in game. I don't understand why...

You could post your ModuleManager.log + MMPatch.log (KerbalSpaceProgram/Logs) and modulemanager.configcache (KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData)

21 hours ago, Zorg said:

You could post your ModuleManager.log + MMPatch.log (KerbalSpaceProgram/Logs) and modulemanager.configcache (KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData)

Cool thank you for your help ! ^^

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpq7x0tobt2wax9/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpq7x0tobt2wax9/ModuleManager.log?dl=0

For the modulemanager.configcache i can't find it in my gamedata. I guess there is a trick to make it visible ?

So I just seen that real fuel do the same thing. So I removed Engine ignitor, but the problem is still there, all tantares engines don't have ignition config

Edited by Carni35
New information

Hi !
Just a little question about that : Its functionality could be  restored using reloading by kerbalEVA from additional containers (included in pack).

When I try to use some Ignitor Toolbox with an engineer (level 5) I got this message : Requires Engineer Power.

On ksp 1.8, or 1.7, it's the same, and I can't find what I'm doing wrong...

Supposition : the Ignitors Toolbox requires an Engineer to use them, I use "ingénieurs" instead of "engineers", because of my french version ^^
No problem with Ingnitors Toolboxes anymore when turning the game to an english one !

Edited by lordvonhermann
Found the problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

THIK4Oc.png

These engines are showing 0/0 ignitions and fail to ignite...even though the same engines on a different rocket show 1/0 ignitions available on the launchpad and ignite as expected. Any ideas why?

Edited by subyng

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to use this mod but it it removes the ability to land first stages to recover them because all lifting engines can only be ignited at launch.

Please provide us with a way to reignite lower stage engines. This is also for lander vehicles on other planets that may need to move to different biomes (in fact, lifting engines aren't usable at all if attempted to ignite off of the launchpad). Parachutes are rarely viable for these purposes (in fact, they are broken entirely if you use FAR and Restock, which I do).

Actually, considering the fact that engines almost never ignite properly unless I fire them by an action group, I think I'll just live without it. I would still consider having more ways to ignite lifter engines (they're the ones that almost never ignite properly, because they have no ignitions).

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.