[1.12.x] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

linuxgurugamer

On 4/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Absolutely vote for this.

I wrote some config files that, in my view, improve the EngineIgnitor experience for stock engines. It includes a part.cfg for the Ignitor Toolbox so that it can be used in the stock Cargo system. It also fixes several issues. I uploaded a .zip file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fh3ku3bo8r1yvh8/Better EngineIgnitor stock configs.zip?dl=0

I included a folder structure so that if you want to change the config files, you can just drag-drop your desired GameData folder onto your own, and have your file browser replace the 3 files I changed. I included a readme.txt with instructions, but most people will probably figure it out anyway.

There are two versions: one that sticks with the parts-upgrading mechanic which is currently in use, and another that just gives you the max-power stock engines to begin with. I also threw in the original configs in case you want to back to the previous (though buggy) EngineIgnitor experience without having to save backup .cfg files or to find them from the mod download.

Here are all the changes I made:

1. Changed part.cfg for the Ignitor Toolbox so that it can be used with the stock Cargo system. It has a volume of 125 L because it's similar in size and shape to the Z-400 battery.
  2. The LV-T30 and LV-T45 engines had 3 ModuleManager (MM) patches when they only should have 1 patch each. Removed the extra ones.
  3. Rearranged the stock MM patches so that the engines appear in order of increasing thrust (vac).
  4. Added the missing _v2 versions of engines.
  5. Rearranged the TechUpgrades file so that the various upgrades are sorted within each engine, instead of having the upgrades sorted amongst themselves. This seems to have solved the issue where you wouldn't have the max upgrade when all upgrades were purchased.
  6. Added the "showUpgradesInModuleInfo = true" flag so that when hovering over the parts in the VAB/SPH, you can see whether there are upgrades available.
  7. Removed empty "description__ = " fields.
  8. The 24-77 "Twitch" engine previously had an upgrade at High-Power Electrics which increased ignitions to 36 and then another upgrade at High-Performance Fuel Systems which actually decreased the number of ignitions to 24. Switched these two around because the High-Performance Fuel Systems is later in the tech tree.
  9. Made it so that the LV-1 "Ant" engine does not need ullage settling, so that your tiny probes don't need RCS equipment, and because the "Spider" engine doesn't need it anyways. Just imagine that the Ant uses helium pressurization or something.
  10. Buffed the Aerospike "Dart" engine by giving it 10 internal ignitions to begin with, and then 40 once Experimental Electrics researched. Otherwise it's too niche of an engine.
  11. Changed the LV-1 "Ant" auto-ignition to 500 to match the "Spider".
  12. Made the S3 KS-25 "Vector" upgrade to have 8 internal ignitions, not 4.
  13. Gave the RE-I5 "Skipper" an upgrade at Large Electrics so that its ignitions increase from 4 to 8.
  14. Gave the KR-2L+ "Rhino" an upgrade at Experimental Electrics so that its ignitions increase from 8 to 16.
  15. Gave the "Mainsail", "Twin Boar", and "Mammoth" engines an upgrade at Experimental Electrics so that they get 8 Internal Ignitions instead of only External Ignition. This is so that people can still do creative missions in space with these huge engines.
On 2/18/2022 at 10:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Seriously, I'm not doing a lot of work on this

Linuxgurugamer, I invite you to look over the changes I have made. You are more than welcome to incorporate them into future EngineIgnitor releases if you think they are good enough. Please note that I have noticed two issues which I could not resolve, as they appear to involve EngineIgnitor, or even KSP's part upgrade system (which Squad included in the game, but only for mods, as the community rallied against its inclusion in the stock game):

1. When playing with the upgrade mechanic: if you load into a game where you have an upgraded engine and you go to the VAB/SPH, and then you load a different game such as a new career where you shouldn't have any upgraded engines, Engine Ignitor will think that you still have upgraded engines even though the stock hover-over part info will show otherwise. This will persist until you close KSP and re-launch.
  2. For engines that initially require External ignition, and then are upgraded such that they have Internal ignition: when this upgrade happens, the Internal ignition will always require EC if this is specified in the MM_Stock_TechUpgrades.cfg file, EVEN IF the optional patch RemoveEC_EngineIgnitor.cfg has been enabled. In other words, the 0 EC requirement is bypassed any subsequent upgrades. Therefore, I've made it so that these engines do not require EC to start at any time.
Edited by minkar81002
Added remark that there are two versions, one with the upgrade mechanic, and another that ignores the upgrade mechanic for stock parts

15 hours ago, minkar81002 said:

I wrote some config files that, in my view, improve the EngineIgnitor experience for stock engines.

This is cool - thanks for pinging me. I will grab your changes for the inventory stuff. I don't really use any stock engines so unfortunately I can't give you any feedback there.  I haven't seen any upgrade issues, but I only upgrade non-stock engines, and only in science mode.

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer I believe that I have discovered a bug: Engine Ignitor is sexist! It's not allowing female Engineers to hold the EngineIgnitors resource and therefore use the Toolbox to reload ignitors into engines.

I tried to figure out the problem but I haven't had any luck yet. The ModuleManager config file <~\GameData\EngineIgnitor\MM_Configs\MM_EngineIgnitor.cfg> has entries for both @PART[kerbalEVA] and @PART[kerbalEVAfemale] to have the module "engineIgnitorEVA" and resource "EngineIgnitors".

Maybe the problem is due to the source code EngineIgnitorEVA.cs, line 21, where it looks like the mod checks to see if the Kerbal is not male, in which case, the EngineIgnitors resource is removed.

Edit 1: Also linuxgurugamer be sure to check out the extensive config files/changes I made above; I'd like some feedback if you'd be so kind.

Edit 2: There is also an issue where if a (male) Engineer holding EngineIgnitors (which are just shown as "En" for some reason) enters a pod/cabin/cockpit, then those EngineIgnitors are simply lost forever.

Edited by minkar81002

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just noticed that the Mastodon is allowing unlimited ignitions. I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread and in a follow up post saying the config was added. At first I had thought there was something wrong with my install. But after removing all mods but engine igniter and its dependencies it appears to still be an issue.  I looked through the config's and couldn't find it listed.  

EDIT: Also it looks like there is no config for the RK-7 Kodiak as well 

Just letting you know! Thanks again for keeping this mod alive! 

Edited by Hudsonkm

Hrm update on this... I do see the RK-7 and the Mastodon in the config... And yet they both are allowing for unlimited ignitions in my install.

This is on a fresh game install with engine igniter and its dependencies being the only mods installed, and after starting a new sandbox game. These are the only two engines giving me the issue. They both allow for unlimited ignitions and aren't requiring me to use launch clamps to ignite them on the launch pad. 

I will try to see if I can find what is causing the problem. 

So yeah looked a little further and this is an odd one for sure lol.  I can see the RK-1 and the Mastodon in the config's, but in game something is causing them not to behave correctly. These are the only two engines I am experiencing this issue with. Still looking to see if I can find the reason, but here is the rundown. Sorry about the multiple posts in a row. 

Currently installed mods

U5WKrGU.jpg

And as mentioned, I can see the two engines in the config file.

h5NJBKX.jpg

When mousing over the engines, the tooltip red text isn't showing up either.

Mammoth for example is working as intended, with the red tooltip igniter text showing fine.  And as intended I have to use launch clamps on the pad to ignite it. Failure to do so results in the no available igniters message.

FXhSGgt.jpg

However if I mouse over the mastodon, there is no tooltip and on the launch pad I am able to ignite it without launch clamps as well as ignite it multiple times.

p9c00i7.jpg

Like I said, this is an odd one. All of the other engines listed in MM_Stock_MakingHistory are fine.  I am not seeing errors  in the logs either. 

• 4 weeks later...

I tried searching the old threads without success. How do you use the Toolbox on 1.12.2? Do I need to download KAS? I have an Engineer and on EVA when he is near Toolbox, I get the message 'Can not take more'. 

Cp9T0RH.png

Edit: Working now. Not sure what was wrong.

Edited by Wilds

• 4 weeks later...

@Hudsonkm I was just troubleshooting this same issue with the Mastodon. The problem is with the "L"  being lowercase in the name of the engine in the engine ignitor config file.

//It should be this 
@PART[LiquidEngineKE-1]

It's the same problem with the RK-7 and also RV-1 in that same config file. Change the "l" to "L" in those names and engine ignitor should start working for those engines.

@linuxgurugamer I absolutely would love the EC requirement removed. For me the requirement bugs out way too often.

Edited by raddude
Added action to take to fix the problem

• 1 month later...

I have modified the engine configs for CryoEngines , both to fix the engine ignitions for the hydrolox engines(mantaining the old number of ignitions), and added Configs for the Methalox engines, i think i am going to add some more upgrades both to making history, and these CryoEngines, but that is for another time.

I tried to mantain the spirit of the original configs, using irl the irl version of those engines, buuut half of these engines are just a project, and the other half has seen only the test stand(notable exception non withstanding).

Spoiler

//CryoEngines 2.0 onwards
//By Zorg
//Ignitions based on real world limits, using RO configs as main reference

@PART[cryoengine-stromboli-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RL10-A5 sea level RL10 engine. Capable of multi starts as used on DC-X vertical landing demonstrator.
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineIgnitor
        IgnitionsAvailable = 10
        AutoIgnitionTemperature = 800
        IgnitorType = Internal
        UseUllageSimulation = true
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-hecate-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RL-10C-2
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 10
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-vesuvius-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Vulcain 2 (Ariane 5 core)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 1 //Allow for use as upper stage of Liberty rocket
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-pavonis-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RL-60 (Proposed RL10 successor)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 45
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-erebus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RD-0120 (Energia core engines)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        IgnitorType = External (Launch Clamps)
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-fuji-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//LE-9 (H3 first stage)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        IgnitorType = External
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-ulysses-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//J-2X (constellation)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 8
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-etna-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RS-68A (Delta IV)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 50
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-tharsis-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//RL-60 cluster
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 45
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}
@PART[cryoengine-hawk-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines] // 0.625m upper stage engine (RS-18) cancelled from the constellation program: should have been the landing engine: so it would have had ample capability of reignating
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 30
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-compsognathus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 0.625m booster engine Prometheus( arriane next booster engine)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-deinonychus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 1.25m booster engine (Raptor)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 3
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-buzzard-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines] // 1.25m upper stage engine (Avio M10)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 8
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-iguanodon-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 1.875m sustainer engine (BE-4)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-harrier-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines] // 1.875m upper stage engine (TQ11/12)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 10
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-eagle-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 2.5m upper stage engine (Raptor Vacuum)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 15
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-allosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 2.5m lower stage engine (ML STBE concept)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-vulture-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//  3.75m upper stage engine (BE-4U)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 10
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[cryoengine-tyrannosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// 3.75m lifting engine (7x Raptor)
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 3
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

EngineIgnitor\MM_Configs and then MM_Cryoengines.cfg for anybody wondering

Edited by Kerbal hunter101
i duplicate deinonychus configs

• 4 months later...

Hi! it seems that the "Internal unlimited" type of ignition is bugged. It only allows my orbital engines from NFspacecraft to function once, after that the ignition reads as the image shows ([-2/-1]) and it cant be ignited again.

Has anyone had this problem before?

20230304232424-1.jpg

Thank you so much for all of the mods you maintain Linux.. It's really incredible!

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something.. this is not being recognized by RasterPropMonitor- it says 'Engine Ignitor not installed' :\ The original webpage had the compatibility as a separate link that is now broken- I wonder if it was lost along the way?

Regardless, I love how easy this is to tweak! I've set the tiny engines to have unlimited ignitions, and very large numbers for the medium, etc.. While also increasing the EC cost quite a bit. The idea was to implement a light weight 'maintenance' + EC charge on engines.. and it's working very well so far :)

Edit: Ah well, nevermind :) 

Unfortunately the ignitions are buggy, ie) failure due to no EC while at full EC charge- even directly connected. Failure to ignite due to ullage with the option set to disabled, and with it set to 100% chance. 

I love the idea but sadly is not working as I'd hoped. I do have a heavy mod load order, so it could easily be my fault. Though I've seen it mentioned elsewhere as well.

Edited by CaseyJones

• 3 weeks later...

New release, 1.3.7.6

• Thanks to github user @SiCaRiO31 for this:
    • Changed requirements for ignitions to work when ignitionsremained are negative numbers. Infinite ignition engines only work once because when they ignite, the remaining ignitions drop from -1 (infinite) to -2 (?¿), meaning they act like they no longer have any ignitions available.

@linuxgurugamer

I wrote some configs for 1.875 Engines left in Restock Plus (Same engines as Making History) and the Methalox Engines from Cryogenic Engines (some of them already made previously as LF engines in Near Future Launch Vehicles).

Spoiler

Restock Plus:

//By Overlocker
// 1.875m Engines
//Part configs copied from Making History (Same Engines)

@PART[restock-engine-galleon-1] F-1
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        IgnitorType = External (launch Clamp)
    ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.4  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 50
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-caravel-1]// J-2
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 3
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-schnauzer-1]// Apollo SPS AJ10
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 50
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ECforIgnition = 15
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-ursa-1]// Soyuz RD-107
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-panda-1]// Soyuz verniers
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 18
     UseUllageSimulation = false
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

Spoiler

Cryogenic Engines - Methalox

// Methalox Engines
// Config by forum user Overlocker

// First 4 Engines copied from old Near Future Launch Vehicles LF engines than has been repurposed to Cryogenic Methalox Engines.

@PART[cryoengine-deinonychus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X Raptor Sea level. RO has 5 ignitions but given the use of sl raptors on starship Im going with unlimited spark igntions here. NFLV is also high tech level.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 1000
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

//RS-18 is an LMAE modified to run methalox. No ignition data found. Assuming a spark ignitor for unlimited ignitions which is reasonable if it got adoopted into the constellation program. Balanced with higher EC requirement given its size. Its also in a high tech node since its NFLV.
@PART[cryoengine-hawk-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-iguanodon-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Blue Origin BE-4
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 4
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-eagle-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X Raptor Vacuum. Unlimited ignitions as per RO. Balanced with higher EC requirment for igniting.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-compsognathus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// ESA Prometheus Rocket Engine from Themis reusable rocket demonstrator and Ariane Next. Reusable 3 to 5 times.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-buzzard-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// Avio M10 Upper Stage Engine for Vega E Rocket. No info on ignitions yet. 5 Ignitions needed to compete with Vega C AVUM Upper Stage. Based on RD-843 Engine.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-harrier-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// TQ11/12 Vacuum Zhuque-2 Second Stage Engine. No info on Ignitions.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 4
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-allosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// Methalox STBE concept. Same as RP-1 SBTE (KS-160 Orca) but 4 ignitions based on RO SBTE-3 Methalox engine.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 4
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
		IgnitorType = Internal
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-tyrannosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X 7x Raptor Sea level Cluster. Same as Deinonychus unlimited ignitions. (Maybe recovering 3.75m boosters)
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-vulture-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Blue Origin BE-4U. Same as BE-4 but for Vacuum so another ignition for added complexity. Also New Glenn may use 2 BE-3U Vacuum Engine with 5 Ignitions.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

Spoiler

Mk2 Expansion:

//By Overlocker

@PART[M2X_RocketEngine]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]// Based on the model of Puff engine son unlimited ignitions but not disabled because Liquid Fuel Engine.
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitorType = Internal
		ECforIgnition = 1
    }
}

@PART[M2X_RocketEngineAtmo]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]// Based on 3 Poodle engines. Same stats as Poodle.
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 24
        IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

Edited by Overlocker96
Some errors fixed

51 minutes ago, Overlocker96 said:

@linuxgurugamer

I wrote some configs for 1.875 Engines left in Restock Plus (Same engines as Making History) and the Methalox Engines from Cryogenic Engines (some of them already made previously as LF engines in Near Future Launch Vehicles).

Reveal hidden contents

Restock Plus:

//By Overlocker
// 1.875m Engines
//Part configs copied from Making History (Same Engines)

@PART[restock-engine-galleon-1] F-1
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ECforIgnition = 50
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-caravel-1]// J-2
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 3
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ECforIgnition = 20
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-schnauzer-1]// Apollo SPS AJ10
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 50
        IgnitorType = Internal
        ECforIgnition = 15
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-ursa-1]// Soyuz RD-107
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 0
        ECforIgnition = 30
    }
}

@PART[restock-engine-panda-1]// Soyuz verniers
{
    MODULE
    {
        IgnitionsAvailable = 18
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

Reveal hidden contents

Cryogenic Engines - Methalox

// Methalox Engines
// Config by forum user Overlocker

// First 4 Engines copied from old Near Future Launch Vehicles LF engines than has been repurposed to Cryogenic Methalox Engines.

@PART[cryoengine-deinonychus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X Raptor Sea level. RO has 5 ignitions but given the use of sl raptors on starship Im going with unlimited spark igntions here. NFLV is also high tech level.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

//RS-18 is an LMAE modified to run methalox. No ignition data found. Assuming a spark ignitor for unlimited ignitions which is reasonable if it got adoopted into the constellation program. Balanced with higher EC requirement given its size. Its also in a high tech node since its NFLV.
@PART[cryoengine-hawk-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-iguanodon-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Blue Origin BE-4
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 4
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-eagle-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X Raptor Vacuum. Unlimited ignitions as per RO. Balanced with higher EC requirment for igniting.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-compsognathus-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// ESA Prometheus Rocket Engine from Themis reusable rocket demonstrator and Ariane Next. Reusable 3 to 5 times.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-buzzard-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// Avio M10 Upper Stage Engine for Vega E Rocket. No info on ignitions yet. 5 Ignitions needed to compete with Vega C AVUM Upper Stage, based on RD-843 Engine.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-allosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]// Methalox STBE concept. Same as RP-1 SBTE (KS-160 'Orca'), but 4 ignitions based on RO SBTE-3 Methalox engine.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 4
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
    	ECforIgnition = 50
		IgnitorType = Internal
}

@PART[cryoengine-tyrannosaur-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Space X 7x Raptor Sea level Cluster. Same as Deinonychus, unlimited ignitions. (Maybe recovering 3.75m boosters?)
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitorType = Internal
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

@PART[cryoengine-vulture-1]:NEEDS[CryoEngines]//Blue Origin BE-4U. Same as BE-4 but for Vacuum so another ignition for added complexity. Also New Glenn may use 2 BE-3U Vacuum Engine with 5 Ignitions.
{
	MODULE
	{
		IgnitionsAvailable = 5
		ChanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
	}
}

Do me a favor and send a link to this via PM so I don't forget it.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

1.- If you use NFE config for Nervas, it overrides it, same with System Heat I think, so you depend on the onboard reactor instead of the available ignitors.
2.- You can disable EC usage, it changed a lot from one configs to others, also sometimes doens't work if you don't generate that amount of EC instead of having it sitting on the EC resource.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those using this mod along with its intended sibling, ThrottleLimitExtended;

I've created an essential DefaultActionGroups patch for shutting down all liquid engines.

Edited by Errol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.