[1.12.x] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

linuxgurugamer

On 10/01/2018 at 2:54 PM, bojangles9999 said:

have them attached, but does not seem to work, they're attached directly to the fuel tank that the engine is attached to.  can i send anything to assist?

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

I have this same problem with all of the engines that are listed as 0 ignitions External Launch Clamps.   I set up a rocket with launch clamps.  Fire the engine, there is a puff of smoke and nothing happens. 

EDIT:  I made myself an engine spreadsheet to compare everything.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xb2GCvt8v5Q2b0VvmBA4fgapiO0B3hG-fQbrUIkEBJA/edit?usp=sharing 

All of the stock engines are either type Internal or External.  Mod added engines are all over the map, but don't use the External or Internal tags?   I'm thinking about switching them over locally to match up with the stock parts.   Want me to do a PR with those changes?

You have to stage the engine BEFORE you stage the clamp, in separate stages. Light the engine, then let go of the rocket. Also, the launch clamps have a max range of a few meters, make sure that you have one physically close to the engine you want to light. 

13 hours ago, Errol said:

You have to stage the engine BEFORE you stage the clamp, in separate stages. Light the engine, then let go of the rocket. Also, the launch clamps have a max range of a few meters, make sure that you have one physically close to the engine you want to light. 

That does not work, this vessel is 3 parts wth some launch clamps directly attached to the Mainsail engine.  Staging the engine or hitting the activate button causes a puff of smoke and a message saying 'no avaliable ignitors'     

kNawR2B.png

log file here  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VGkZJcSaG10stXgzpYcXXIFK5z8bGbrE

Possibly this is a mod conflict...

7 minutes ago, eberkain said:

og file here  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VGkZJcSaG10stXgzpYcXXIFK5z8bGbrE

Possibly this is a mod conflict...

I doubt it.  I'll take a look later.

However, please provide the output_log.txt, it has more information

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Same result.   That log file is here.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jvlBd_jjN5_1K7iixds8WqSiKq-X4vdG

I'll say it again since you may not have seen the first one.

I need the output_log.txt, NOT the KSP.log file.

From my signature:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll say it again since you may not have seen the first one.

I need the output_log.txt, NOT the KSP.log file.

From my signature:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

My bad, Just coming back to kerbal and forgot there were two logs, or rather I hoped they had changed it in one of the updates since I was last playing.  :)   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ab0oXywey2yT6Buq4DdfqQhxqrU6EoPv   At least they are easy to find in windows and I don't have to dual boot to linux just to play with 64 bit support.  :)

13 hours ago, Errol said:

Also, the launch clamps have a max range of a few meters, make sure that you have one physically close to the engine you want to light. 

I changed the launch clamp range from 2.0 to 10.0 and it works. 

Ok, I have been able to reproduce this.

The problem is the sheer size of the Mainsail engine, it is very difficult to get the launch clamps close enough to the center of the engine, which is where the measurement is from.

I'm going to increase the distance for the clamps a bit, as well as adding a couple of field to the right-click showing the ignitor distance and the distance to the engine.

Note that you can already see if the engine is within range in the editor, there is a line in the context menu for the launch clamp called "Engines in range"

Also, just a note for everyone on the stock balance: The LTV-30 starts out as External Ignitor, but then one of the engine upgrades (if you are using the porkjet stock part overhauls, which I recommend) gives it couple internal ignitors. I did this to encourage players to start thinking about how this mod works early on in a career, but then later on you get to still use one of the pure classics at least similarly to other engines. 

9 minutes ago, Errol said:

Also, just a note for everyone on the stock balance: The LTV-30 starts out as External Ignitor, but then one of the engine upgrades (if you are using the porkjet stock part overhauls, which I recommend) gives it couple internal ignitors. I did this to encourage players to start thinking about how this mod works early on in a career, but then later on you get to still use one of the pure classics at least similarly to other engines. 

Its a neat feature to put on early engines, but why make it dependent on using PartOverhauls?   

Because the stock engines don't have part upgrades without the part overhauls, and I play with part overhauls anyway. I suppose it could be written into an entirely new upgrade or something, I'm not exactly sure what all goes into upgrades yet. I just added it to an existing upgrade node. 

EDIT: To clarify, I did not create these configs from scratch, I just fixed some syntax errors, did some housekeeping/organizing, and balanced them for my play style. There was already a patch for this mod for part upgrades included, that references upgrades which are added by part overhauls. 

Edited by Errol

This might be very useful for my „lightweight“ Realism Overhaul project. I want to find a set of mods that make the game realistic without any unnecessary tedium and without being too hard on the System. 

For example: I want to use Commnet instead of Remote Tech, Snacks or USI Life Support instead of Tac LS, just the stock fuel types, etc. 

58 minutes ago, Physics Student said:

This might be very useful for my „lightweight“ Realism Overhaul project. I want to find a set of mods that make the game realistic without any unnecessary tedium and without being too hard on the System. 

For example: I want to use Commnet instead of Remote Tech, Snacks or USI Life Support instead of Tac LS, just the stock fuel types, etc. 

We are of one mind.  Take the 3.2 rescale, this and throttle limiter and you are getting a much more challenging playthrough and still using stock parts. 

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Because the stock engines don't have part upgrades without the part overhauls, and I play with part overhauls anyway. I suppose it could be written into an entirely new upgrade or something, I'm not exactly sure what all goes into upgrades yet. I just added it to an existing upgrade node. 

EDIT: To clarify, I did not create these configs from scratch, I just fixed some syntax errors, did some housekeeping/organizing, and balanced them for my play style. There was already a patch for this mod for part upgrades included, that references upgrades which are added by part overhauls. 

I copied the configs you had and used them for some other mods, here is an example from RLA.   

34SVmHk.png

It seems to work fine, I started a science mode game, researched up to the node that unlocked this engine, took the first pic.  Then maxed out the research and took the second pic.  I also tested the engine without launch clamps and it ignites and consumes an ignition.  The only weird thing is the upgrade version is missing a title for the module segment, i dunno about that.   

Ultimately, I probably wont play with upgrades enabled since I'm planning on using KRnD instead.  I did the pull request and double checked on all the upgrades to make sure the upgrade tier was higher than the base tier.  :)  

2 hours ago, Errol said:

Damn, I saw this too late, I was going to remind you, @linuxgurugamer, to change the nuclear engines in the stock .cfg to useUllageSimulation = true.

getting an error when i try to download the update on CKAN

"Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/1639/Engine Ignitor Reignited/download/1.3.1.2" - error: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

7 hours ago, Physics Student said:

I have also reworked the old Harder Solar System mod that simulates axial tilt by inclining the entire solar system, while preserving the hoghman transfer dV amounts so you can still fly with stock craft and the community dV maps. I may post it as a new thread, now that I am done with testing out my cloud cfgs and stuff. Anyway, don't want this thread to get too off topic. I also recommend this for even more punishing play:

(Semi-)Saturatable Reaction Wheels

And I haven't tested it that with MandatoryRCS for compatibility with each other yet, but since persistent rotation is no longer being developed, I will be making the addition/switch to MandatoryRCS.

As mentioned, Throttle Limit Extended, is highly recommend as well.

Lastly, I also recommend Kessler Syndrome plus the extra difficulty option it offers to have orbital decay occur for all vessels under a certain altitude. 

Those are some of the lesser known mods that go well together. I assume you are already aware of the likes of KCT, Scrapyard, UPFM, KRASH and StageRecovery.

EDIT:

5 hours ago, bojangles9999 said:

getting an error when i try to download the update on CKAN

"Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/1639/Engine Ignitor Reignited/download/1.3.1.2" - error: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

I have nothing to do with CKAN, nor am I the one who releases the updates for this mod. You are looking for @linuxgurugamer.

Also, The CKAN thread is the place to bring up CKAN bugs, not mod threads.

Edited by Errol

4 hours ago, Errol said:

I have also reworked the old Harder Solar System mod that simulates axial tilt by inclining the entire solar system, while preserving the hoghman transfer dV amounts so you can still fly with stock craft and the community dV maps. I may post it as a new thread, now that I am done with testing out my cloud cfgs and stuff. Anyway, don't want this thread to get too off topic. I also recommend this for even more punishing play:

(Semi-)Saturatable Reaction Wheels

And I haven't tested it that with MandatoryRCS for compatibility with each other yet, but since persistent rotation is no longer being developed, I will be making the addition/switch to MandatoryRCS.

As mentioned, Throttle Limit Extended, is highly recommend as well.

Lastly, I also recommend Kessler Syndrome plus the extra difficulty option it offers to have orbital decay occur for all vessels under a certain altitude. 

Those are all the lesser known mods that go well together. I assume you are already aware of the likes of KCT, Scrapyard, UPFM, KRASH and StageRecovery.

EDIT:

I have nothing to do with CKAN, nor am I the one who releases the updates for this mod. You are looking for @linuxgurugamer.

Also, The CKAN thread is the place to bring up CKAN bugs, not mod threads.

got it - it's ok now though, appears to have resolved itself!

New release, 1.3.2:

• Thanks to @eberkain for the following updates:
    • Removed duplicate of MM_EngineIgnitor
    • Increased launch clamp ignition range
    • nuclear engine ignition upgrade was backwards
    • Rename MM_EngineIgnitorStock-Modified.cfg to MM_Stock.cfg
    • Updated / added 1 missing engine
    • Added tech upgrades for Vens
    • Update RLA
    • Added RLA tech upgrades
    • Moved into USI.cfg
    • Added USI engines and tech upgrades
    • Added support for BahaSP and tech upgrades
    • Update MM_BahaSP.cfg
    • update for multimode on sabre
    • nuclear engine ullage = true
    • add HGR support and tech upgrades
    • Added Support for QuizTech and Part Upgrades

Getting spammed with these during flight using the latest version of toolbar control 

[EXC 06:16:08.517] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EngineIgnitor.Control.OnGUI ()

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MgkWjbVV1fFbKvDOXJbzbtwP19gVt0a9

Edited by eberkain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.