[1.12.x] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

linuxgurugamer

I submitted configs for Kerbal Atomics and CA's Shuttle mods.  I'm a newbie to Github, so I hope the pull request was submitted properly.

Might want to test the configs for balance.  I just threw them together last night because I installed Engine Iginitor in an install with Kerbal Atomics and the shuttle mods and noticed they were lacking configs for Engine Ignitor but the NERVA had them.

I find it odd that the NERVA has no ullage requirement with Engine Ignitor.  That doesn't seem logical to me.

8 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

I submitted configs for Kerbal Atomics and CA's Shuttle mods.  I'm a newbie to Github, so I hope the pull request was submitted properly.

Might want to test the configs for balance.  I just threw them together last night because I installed Engine Iginitor in an install with Kerbal Atomics and the shuttle mods and noticed they were lacking configs for Engine Ignitor but the NERVA had them.

I find it odd that the NERVA has no ullage requirement with Engine Ignitor.  That doesn't seem logical to me.

I see the PR, thanks.  Will get to it soon

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see the PR, thanks.  Will get to it soon

Thanks.  Feel free to balance check them like I said.  Anyone else can as well.  I have no clue if they're balance for play.  I just made rough guesses for the KA parts for the EC requirement, but the highest requirement is 30 EC for the largest nuclear aerospike.

52 minutes ago, Nittany Tiger said:

Thanks.  Feel free to balance check them like I said.  Anyone else can as well.  I have no clue if they're balance for play.  I just made rough guesses for the KA parts for the EC requirement, but the highest requirement is 30 EC for the largest nuclear aerospike.

The stock parts were all from 1-10 EC based on the overall size of the engine, I kind of stuck with that on the balance for the other mods I've done.   

What i need is a small mod that adds some ullage motors early in the tech tree. 

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

The stock parts were all from 1-10 EC based on the overall size of the engine, I kind of stuck with that on the balance for the other mods I've done.   

What i need is a small mod that adds some ullage motors early in the tech tree. 

I was thinking of doing that, but since these were NERVAs, maybe use higher EC requirements for a sense of balance.  They all have 45 ignitions like the stock NERVA though.

It's trivial to lower them all to whatever you guys see fit I would feel.

New release, 1.3.2.3

• Thanks to user @eberkain for the following:
    • Mk2 Expansion /w Tech Upgrades
    • Mk3 Expansion
    • Mk2.5 Spaceplane /w Tech Upgrades
    • MOLE /w Tech Upgrades
    • FASA Launch Clamps
    • Community Patch Clamps
  • Thanks to user @Nittany Tiger for the following:
    • CA Shuttle parts
    • Kerbal Atomics engines. 

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

I think its fine. 

Thanks.  I made sure they worked before submitting the PR.  If I see any balance issues myself, I'll just update the configs.

I might end up having to make more configs for mods, so I might be able to contribute another config.  Like I noticed SXT is lacking configs, so maybe I'll create those for the rocket engines.  Might do it to kill time.

hello! I'm having trouble with igniting the first stage at the launch pad, all of the launch clamps seem to be trying to target only a single engine, leaving many out of range! This happens for radial groups, or single engines alike

Spoiler

XagWgSY.png?1

Produced with a clean install:

• KSP 1.3.1
  • Engine Igniter Re-ignited 1.3.2.3
  • Toolbar Controller 0.1.4.2
  • Module Manager 3.0.1

output log file here

28 minutes ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

hello! I'm having trouble with igniting the first stage at the launch pad, all of the launch clamps seem to be trying to target only a single engine, leaving many out of range! This happens for radial groups, or single engines alike

Hide contents

XagWgSY.png?1

Produced with a clean install:

• KSP 1.3.1
  • Engine Igniter Re-ignited 1.3.2.3
  • Toolbar Controller 0.1.4.2
  • Module Manager 3.0.1

output log file here

Craft file also, I'm going to need to test this

5 hours ago, Errol said:

Ping @linuxgurugamer I'm finding the fuel stability simulation too sensitive to be reasonable. I've often seen fuel unstable while under acceleration. Is it possible to relax the requirements for stability to be achieved?

What sort of acceleration?  I believe it is already very low

What sort of acceleration?  I believe it is already very low

My issue is occurring during heavy acceleration on ascent. I'm trying to stage without ullage motors, in early career, and can only seem to get it to work at lower thrust to weight ratios. When TWR is high, and you are slightly off prograde, fuel flow for upper stages will be listed as unstable, meaning they wont ignite, even if you try to light them while the previous stage is still burning. This doesn't make sense to me. 

Edited by Errol

47 minutes ago, Errol said:

My issue is occurring during heavy acceleration on ascent. I'm trying to stage without ullage motors, in early career, and can only seem to get it to work at lower thrust to weight ratios. When TWR is high, and you are slightly off prograde, fuel flow for upper stages will be listed as unstable, meaning they wont ignite, even if you try to light them while the previous stage is still burning. This doesn't make sense to me. 

neither to me either

1 minute ago, notJebKerman said:

@linuxgurugamer Is there any chance that an automatic ullage system (when you throttle up, if the engine has ullage simulation enabled, RCS will automatically fire first) similar to that in RO could be added to this mod?

Not right now, but add it to the issues on Github

Anyone ever suggested an option that enables and disables ullage requirements?  Like it could be in the difficulty options.  Not something I'd need, but maybe something others might like if they want a bit of flexibility with this mod.

Also, I forgot that I had updated the configs for Bluedog Design Bureau.  I figure newer engines were added after you took over, and with you managing a bazillion mods here, you don't have time for new configs.

I want to note that the Agena A engine (Hadar in BDB) doesn't require ullage but the Agena D (Mafuni in BDB) does.  The idea is to use the smaller "Nafuni" engines for ullage as was done with the real Agena D.  The "Nafuni" engines don't have engine ignition limits or ullage requirements.  I just hope this isn't too confusing for people using this mod since I don't know where it strikes a balance between realism and gameplay.

Anyway, I'll push updates for BDB along with a config for the OPT pack's rockets.