[1.12.x] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

linuxgurugamer

24 minutes ago, BlueTiger12 said:

@linuxgurugamer I am sorry, i don't understand where you point me to.

I understand, that the ullage simulation is not working correctly, but i thought therefore you implemented the option to disable it.

Or does this also mean, that the option to disable the simulation, that you implemented in 1.3.3 is also known to be not working?

Oh, ok.  I'll have to take a look at it

38 minutes ago, BlueTiger12 said:

@linuxgurugamer I am sorry, i don't understand where you point me to.

I understand, that the ullage simulation is not working correctly, but i thought therefore you implemented the option to disable it.

Or does this also mean, that the option to disable the simulation, that you implemented in 1.3.3 is also known to be not working?

Have you tried testing in KSP 1.4+ yet? The current version of engine ignitor is compiled for 1.4+, not 1.3.x

Edited by Errol

On 6/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, kurgut said:

Hi, thanks for this great mod! I've got a problem, I can't found the way to put "internal ignitors" in my rocket.. any ideas?

Internal ignitor means that engine can be ignited without the need of an external ignitor from a launch clamp. Basically it is a tag for engines that can be used as upper stage engines. All you need to make sure you pack is enough EC for ignition, make sure you have the required propellants for combustion, and that there are unused ignitors left in the engine (can be checked in the PAW). There is supposed to be the ability to reload ignitors on EVA via KIS, however this is one area I have not tested yet myself (and may not bother with, as I find it a little broken to think that we can refurbish engines in space with wrenches and duct tape). Hope this helps.

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, kraden said:

Hey guys, quick question.  I can't get this mod to work 100% in my install, are there any known mod incompatibilities?  Thought I'd ask before starting from square one, just in case.

Can you be more specific than "can't get this mod to work"?

If your problems are with the ullage simulation, that is a known issue, and the fix is to use the included option to disable it. 

1 hour ago, Errol said:

If your problems are with the ullage simulation, that is a known issue, and the fix is to use the included option to disable it. 

Which currently seems not to be working, at least for me

On 6/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, Errol said:

Sorry, sure. The only part of the mod that is working for me is the container that holds additional ignitions. All engines still have infinite re-lights.

EDIT: So, I must have had an issue with the download because I just re-downloaded and reinstalled, and it's working.  

Edited by kraden
update

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer - thanks for putting this together, it really makes the game more immersive and adds realism.  I'm having trouble getting engine igniter to work with Raster Prop Monitor.  It looks like RPM had some compatibility with EI, but not why it's reporting it's not installed, when it is.  Any ideas?  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, bojangles9999 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer - thanks for putting this together, it really makes the game more immersive and adds realism.  I'm having trouble getting engine igniter to work with Raster Prop Monitor.  It looks like RPM had some compatibility with EI, but not why it's reporting it's not installed, when it is.  Any ideas?  Thanks again!

Start off by posting a link to your log file

@linuxgurugamer Hey bro, love the mod, thanks for picking it up, I see you're keeping a lot of mods alive you the real MVP. I just wrote to say that I think the FASA clamps no longer have the external ignitor module. I think it's because the part names were changed by the author (added prefix BDB_), thought I'd let you know.

18 hours ago, TheAnonymous said:

@linuxgurugamer Hey bro, love the mod, thanks for picking it up, I see you're keeping a lot of mods alive you the real MVP. I just wrote to say that I think the FASA clamps no longer have the external ignitor module. I think it's because the part names were changed by the author (added prefix BDB_), thought I'd let you know.

Link to the mod, please.  I'll take a look

On 7/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a default setting which should work for them

Great mod!

BTW, why is this version not on CKAN?  

Just now, DAL59 said:

Great mod!

BTW, why is this version not on CKAN?  

Ummm, because it is on CKAN?????

If you aren't seeing it, then it may be because you are running 1.4.3 or 1.4.4, and you haven't told CKAN to allow all 1.4 mods to be seen as compatible

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.