linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] Engine Ignitor Re-ignited Release - NEW DEPENDENCY ADDED

Ping me every week or so so it doesn't fall off my radar

Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2019 at 7:26 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ping me every week or so so it doesn't fall off my radar

*ping*

Edited by Errol

@linuxgurugamer do you take configs for Engine Ignitor to place in the Github? I created a set for Streamline Engines. I found it bothersome to not have ignitors on such beautifully crafted engines. heh

5 hours ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

@linuxgurugamer do you take configs for Engine Ignitor to place in the Github? I created a set for Streamline Engines. I found it bothersome to not have ignitors on such beautifully crafted engines. heh

Yes

On 11/15/2018 at 8:58 AM, Battou said:

Sad to hear that. Then there is no way to use this mod in early stages of the game I believe? (

You can!  Try hot staging!  You can just fire your next stage before the previous stage runs out so that your tanks are settled.  Early rockets used hot staging or solid upper stages (I think the Russians really loved hot staging), so in a way, having to hot stage or forego liquid upper stages before you unlock RCS or separatrons are a bit of realism.

Also, sorry for never getting those SXT modules created.  Real life hit me like a tsunami.  It's why own main project fell into neglect.

@Errol Maybe I could help model the simplistic physics of fuel and ox in zero-g if you want to create a better ullage sim?  I also don't know if any actual spacecraft spin their tanks to create ullage, but this is KSP, and spinning your craft is a very kerbal way of settling fuel.

I would think ullage time should be related to the impulse required to settle fuel (and ox) in a tank.  Impulse J = F * delta t = delta p, so a heavier mass of fuel would require either a stronger push or more time with a weaker push to properly settle the fuel for ignition.

2 hours ago, Nittany Tiger said:

You can!  Try hot staging!  You can just fire your next stage before the previous stage runs out so that your tanks are settled.  Early rockets used hot staging or solid upper stages (I think the Russians really loved hot staging), so in a way, having to hot stage or forego liquid upper stages before you unlock RCS or separatrons are a bit of realism.

Also, sorry for never getting those SXT modules created.  Real life hit me like a tsunami.  It's why own main project fell into neglect.

@Errol Maybe I could help model the simplistic physics of fuel and ox in zero-g if you want to create a better ullage sim?  I also don't know if any actual spacecraft spin their tanks to create ullage, but this is KSP, and spinning your craft is a very kerbal way of settling fuel.

I would think ullage time should be related to the impulse required to settle fuel (and ox) in a tank.  Impulse J = F * delta t = delta p, so a heavier mass of fuel would require either a stronger push or more time with a weaker push to properly settle the fuel for ignition.

I think that @linuxgurugamer is a better person to ping for that.

Posted (edited)

my engineer can't carry any engine ignitors , anyone help ? QuNAp2w.jpg

Edited by tonimark

New release, 1.3.5

• Updated for 1.7.2
  • Deleted old code
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt for location independent builds
  • Deleted Observer.cs (not used)
  • Updated some deprecated method calls