Name the Series!

spacebrick3

The rules of the game are simple: You have to describe a series (literature, TV, movies, etc.) without naming it, and then the person who posts next has to name it. If they can't name it, they have to come up with a potential name for it.

I'll go first: A detective agency that runs solely on the principle of contrived coincidences.

3 minutes ago, Xorth Tanovar said:

Two million five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night...

Oh, one of my absolute favorites!!! Babylon 5!!!

OK... hmmm..... this may be a bit too easy...

You are entering another dimension... A dimension not of sight or sound... but of mind...

4 minutes ago, Xorth Tanovar said:

The Twilight Zone. 

37 domed biospheres, on collision course with a far-off star. 

(Win an extra quatloo if you know of Cordwainer Bird's connection to this)

Star Trek The Animated Series?

Misadventures of a seemingly invincible drunken spy.

007 ?

A gorgeous postapocalyptic scout girl with face white of lime or mud tries to take things, vaults and protective suits from a crowd of oafish survivors from a giant space station where the artificial gravity pulls the things not radially but in axial direction.

Hint 1. They have hydrazine which is by unknown reason purple and explodes like a wagon of TNT. (I was awaiting, they would be drinking it, but no, this appeared to be stupid even for them.)

Hint 2. They should be suffering from agoraphobia, but no, they appeared to be enough stupid to have no idea about this.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, Xorth Tanovar said:

The Twilight Zone. 

Oh.... ouch... I remember this... vaguely.... I have to roll this around my head a while... 

1 hour ago, Xorth Tanovar said:

The Twilight Zone. 

The Starlost. IIRC, Cordwainer Bird is Harlan Ellison's pseudonym for projects he wished to divest himself from, so I'm guessing he wrote/consulted on the series and then walked off in a huff for some reason. (As Harlan is wont to do.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Moon goes on a joyride, courtesy of some mishandled nuclear waste, carrying our hapless cast through a series of increasingly unlikely adventures.

5 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Star Trek The Animated Series?

Misadventures of a seemingly invincible drunken spy.

Actually, I had "The Starlost" in mind...but I do recall the ST:Animated "The Farthest Star" episode had a similar craft.

"The Starlost. IIRC, Cordwainer Bird is Harlan Ellison's pseudonym for projects he wished to divest himself from, so I'm guessing he wrote/consulted on the series and then walked off in a huff for some reason. (As Harlan is wont to do.)"

The Canadian production company made an entire shambles of the work. His original screenplay and bible for the series won a Hugo, but OMG, the technology wasn't up to the task, and the CBN writers were hacks.

Edited by Xorth Tanovar

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

The Moon goes on a joyride, courtesy of some mishandled nuclear waste, carrying our hapless cast through a series of increasingly unlikely adventures.

Space: 1999!

A man and two women are room-mates in a California apartment with a conservative landlord.

probably way too easy

Edited by StrandedonEarth

20 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Space: 1999!

A man and two women are room-mates in a California apartment with a conservative landlord.

probably way too easy

Three's Company (Terri was way hotter than Chrissi.)

An ex-Navy Seal turned private eye solves cases in an island paradise with the help of his ex-Marine buddies and his faux-English estate manager.

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

An ex-Navy Seal turned private eye solves cases in an island paradise with the help of his ex-Marine buddies and his faux-English estate manager.

Magnum_P.I._Cast.jpg

2 Mi6 agents save England from threats on a weekly basis.

Edited by James Kerman

8 hours ago, qzgy said:

Jonny Bondy, the adventures of the GI Spy! (no, not sure of the name - I'm young.)

The boy who magically kept getting lucky.

Harry Potter?

4 Guys who are too smart for society hang out in an apartment and try to fall in love with the girl across the hall. (I'm on season 4 so if I missed something don't kill me)

4 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

4 Guys who are too smart for society hang out in an apartment and try to fall in love with the girl across the hall. (I'm on season 4 so if I missed something don't kill me)

Big Bang Theory...

Quit now before it's too late.

26 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Man from U.N.C.L.E.?

A really obscure one...

You are number 6...
I am not a number... I am a free man!!!

"The Prisoner"

Ok, here's mine...

Some of the favorite lines:

• Around here, we brush our teeth with Scotch.
  • The only way we're gonna win this war is if Tokyo is more fouled up than Washington.
  • We're a rear area!

Baa_Baa_Black_Sheep_cast_1976.jpg

Edited by adsii1970
Forgot the second half of what I was to do...

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Man from U.N.C.L.E.?

A really obscure one...

You are number 6...
I am not a number... I am a free man!!!

The Prisoner

Here's an easy one: A cowboy keeps the peace in his New Mexico town with his custom Winchester rifle.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.