[1.12.x] Filter Extensions (No localization)

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, Rodger said:

I'm having trouble getting custom icons to work. I have dxt5 40px square icons, with "_selected" variants, in the 000_FilterExtensions/Icons/Autoloaded_Icons_Mods, and the subcategory references the unselected icon just by file name, but no icons are showing in-game. Do the icons need file paths, or a different format? Or should they go somewhere else?

Should be png files, I think

Well I've tried png now too, still no luck. Tried the full path and just the img name, and no obvious errors in player.log (it says the images load correctly). Any other ideas?

Maybe some cfg error? Neither of these work:

Spoiler

SUBCATEGORY
{
    name = Apollo
    icon = 000_FilterExtensions/Icons/Autoloaded_Icons_Mods/BDBFEapollo
    FILTER
    {
        CHECK
        {
            type = path
            value = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo
        }
    }
}
SUBCATEGORY
{
    name = Agena
    icon = BDBFEapollo
    FILTER
    {
        CHECK
        {
            type = path
            value = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena
        }
    }
}

• 3 weeks later...

i just finished a config for a mod... ( i dont wanna bundle filterextensions mod with my mod zip), where should i put it? currently, icon and config are sitting in filterextension mod directory. can i put them in my mod folder and would it work?

1 hour ago, kerbmario said:

i just finished a config for a mod... ( i dont wanna bundle filterextensions mod with my mod zip), where should i put it? currently, icon and config are sitting in filterextension mod directory. can i put them in my mod folder and would it work?

No, icons need to me where all the other icons for the mod are

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Really? I'm not at my PC right now so I can't double check, but I swear I have a custom config with icons in it's own separate folder and it seems to work just fine. I do delete the stock config folder though if it makes a difference.

9 minutes ago, Coldrifting said:

Really? I'm not at my PC right now so I can't double check, but I swear I have a custom config with icons in it's own separate folder and it seems to work just fine. I do delete the stock config folder though if it makes a difference.

if you are at your PC, could you give me CFG? 

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've got some custom Manufacturer icons that I saved in a GameData/ZZZ_Custom/Icons folder as 32x32 px dds files. As long as I name the icon exactly the same as the mods folder name in GameData and (optionally) have another named the same with _selected suffix then they seem to show up fine in game. I haven't made any specifically for my RP-1 game (not enough parts to need it) but the ReStock+ and Squad Expansion icons I use for other games are showing up fine.

Spoiler

NOtfr59.pngkcPpH4p.png

1 hour ago, kerbmario said:

if you are at your PC, could you give me CFG? 

28 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I've got some custom Manufacturer icons that I saved in a GameData/ZZZ_Custom/Icons folder as 32x32 px dds files. As long as I name the icon exactly the same as the mods folder name in GameData and (optionally) have another named the same with _selected suffix then they seem to show up fine in game. I haven't made any specifically for my RP-1 game (not enough parts to need it) but the ReStock+ and Squad Expansion icons I use for other games are showing up fine.

Reveal hidden contents

NOtfr59.pngkcPpH4p.png

I just looked at my config and this is how I was doing it as well. I like to prefix my icons with an acronym of my username to keep them distinct.

Finally worked out why my icons weren't working, 40x40 is too big despite what the FE wiki on github said. I've just edited the wiki (example subcategory page) to reflect the true requirements.

• 1 month later...

I've recently put the error logging to screen and noticed that when loading the game I've gotten a few alerts about this mod.   Here's a sample from my log file:

[ERR 11:28:30.564] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: subcategory name duplicated: Prop Engines
[ERR 11:28:30.564] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: subcategory name duplicated: Data Transmitter
[ERR 11:28:30.565] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: subcategory name duplicated: Data Transmitter (Direct)
[ERR 11:28:30.566] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: subcategory name duplicated: Data Transmitter (Relay)
[ERR 11:28:34.264] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: BDArmory: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of BDArmory
[ERR 11:28:34.668] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: Coatl Aerospace: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of Coatl Aerospace
[ERR 11:28:34.977] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: Naval Parts: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of Naval Parts
[ERR 11:28:39.143] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: 10m: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of 10m
[ERR 11:28:39.418] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: 15m: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of 15m
[ERR 11:28:39.693] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: 20m: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of 20m
[ERR 11:28:39.969] [Filter Extensions 3.2.0.3]: 30m: No subcategories valid, abandon instantiation of 30m

I know I don't have any of the huge parts (last few categories) so I can understand if these categories aren't instantiated.  I'm just wondering if it is normal/typical behaviour to report these to the log file as errors, in which case I can safely ignore, or is this behaviour unusual and I need to dive in a little deeper.

Happy to dig out all the mod list / log files if necessary, but didn't want to bother anyone with in-depth checking if the answer is "oh yeah, totally normal, does this all the time!"

3 hours ago, Strych74 said:

Happy to dig out all the mod list / log files if necessary, but didn't want to bother anyone with in-depth checking if the answer is "oh yeah, totally normal, does this all the time!"

Yeah that's normal behaviour, nothing to worry about

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, New Horizons said:

I made a new filter for SXT Mod. It works fine so far. Is it possible to determine where in the list it appears? Appearently order of categories is not alplanumerical, but what is it?

Without know the the file(s) you have, it's impossible to say what's going on.  It does go alphabetically when reading files, I think

On 7/25/2022 at 4:05 AM, Strych74 said:

I've recently put the error logging to screen and noticed that when loading the game I've gotten a few alerts about this mod.   Here's a sample from my log file:

I know I don't have any of the huge parts (last few categories) so I can understand if these categories aren't instantiated.  I'm just wondering if it is normal/typical behaviour to report these to the log file as errors, in which case I can safely ignore, or is this behaviour unusual and I need to dive in a little deeper.

Late, I know.

You can ignore those

• 1 month later...

@Iodyne if you do that then you won't get the actual plugin (DLL) and the mod won't work. But the latest changes in 3.2.8 only concern the following two files, so you could just replace these in a working 3.2.7.1 install with the latest versions from 3.2.8:

000_FilterExtensions_Configs/Default/Mod_FarFutureTechnologies.cfg
000_FilterExtensions_Configs/Default/Mod_NearFutureTechnologies.cfg

8 hours ago, Iodyne said:

@linuxgurugamer Just so you know there is no .zip release with the most recent version (3.2.8) on Github. Am I right in assuming I can just grab the "000_FilterExtensions",  "000_FilterExtensions_Configs", and "zFinal_FilterExtensions" folders from the source code zip?

No, you need the full zip, available from Spacedock..

I'll get it uploaded now

Edit:  It's there.  This is actually the 2nd mod that this was reported to me with this issue, wondering if Github had a problem

Edited by linuxgurugamer