[1.12.x] Filter Extensions (No localization)

linuxgurugamer

22 minutes ago, Divstator said:

@linuxgurugamer Understood. Does this look right? I can't tell if the GameData folder is showing up in the zip file because it just takes me straight to Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n224iumu4rf675t/AADvj7GuLz42rMylmEcXQGaJa?dl=0

Do this:

• Create a GameData directory on your desktop.
  • Put all your files in there, in the correct places. I'm going to guess that your 000_altCustomConfigs is inside GameDAta
  • Then create a new zip file, and copy the GameData directory into it.
  • Finally, move the zip file to your DropBox, right-click on it after it's in there and copy the link, then paste that new link here

25 minutes ago, Divstator said:

7zip, I haven't updated it since dirt was young though. Although I am using Win 7, perhaps that's it?

Windows 7 shouldn't make a difference.  7zip was last updated 2018 Apr 30.  (Which means I need to update mine too.)

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I think that 7Zip may make zip files which are not compatible with Win 10 Explorer

That may have been true in the past.  I just tested the current 7-Zip v18.05 making a new .zip archive with the default options.  Win10 Explorer could examine it without apparent issue.

7 hours ago, Divstator said:

Ok. Took a bit of digging, but i found it.

@linuxgurugamer Did you want me to re-zip that file on Dropbox or no?

So, I'm doing a bit of testing:

Under the Rovers category, At the end of the subcategories, there is an Undefined, which has things like stack separators, decouplers, a few engines, etc.

So far that's all I've had time for, I'll be doing some more testing later

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, I'm doing a bit of testing:

Under the Rovers category, At the end of the subcategories, there is an Undefined, which has things like stack separators, decouplers, a few engines, etc.

So far that's all I've had time for, I'll be doing some more testing later

Yeah, I probably should have removed that. I was using it as a kind of "catch all" category in case I had accidentally filtered out something that I needed for the rover category. It catches parts that have their category set to "none". I'm sure there are other things that got by me as well. Once you're satisfied with it, I'll go back and make the changes required. Although, I do like the idea of having decouplers and Skycranes in the Rover category, it would just need a more "polished" filter for it.

There are still some things I haven't got a solid mindset on yet. CCK and FE have some overlap in functionality. I understand that Roverdude is trying to establish a protocol in the modding community on the tag = "foo", but with CCK and FE installed, my stock category is lengthy. That aspect is what was the incentive for creating these changes. For me, point and click is a lot easier than scrolling and by using mods and subcategories, I get more of a drill down experience instead of a scroll ...  scroll ... scroll situation.

16 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Divstator you could create a zip file that is packed correctly and share that one ... and change the download link to have =1 at the end (twice, the visible text and the link behind it) to give a direct download.

Have you looked at these files?  Comments?

12 minutes ago, Divstator said:

Learning curves suck. Here is the ReadMe in markdown format. I didn't realize Github wouldn't interpret html <sigh>.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5t5k13h7458l7s/Markdown_ReadMe.zip?dl=1

I'm holding off on releasing this until it's a bit cleaner.  in the meantime, why don't you try learning how to do PR as and get hub? Makes it easier for me and you know exactly what's being done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reached main menu with KSP 1.5, checking the log first, found this one time:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartResourceList.GetEnumerator () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess.GetPartData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FilterExtensions.LoadAndProcess+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)