Optimizing mining operations with spreadsheets

PrimoDev

Hello everyone !

There is 2 days ago I found this post :

And I really enjoyed the concept of optimizing miner's efficiency made by @TokMor but I've been a little disappointed seeing that this has been abandoned..

So I decided to re-build it by updating and adding some more features.

Today I present you, the spreadsheet "Mining efficiently" ! Can be open up by Excel, OpenOffice, LibreOffice or anything that can read worksheets.

It's free of copyright so you can do whatever you want with. To use it properly, Yellow fields are inputs and Blue fields outputs :wink: .

I let you enjoy my work and, anyone who have any suggestions is welcome to share his ideas and/or post an update that will be uploaded here :D !

Spoiler

V1.0 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfXSBfS4glRrxz9XFHDauhLUbZq_q-1f/view?usp=sharing

V1.1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WJYZgfs8ELZu5W_dzYvSBwECKdByCUzI/view?usp=sharing

Changed mining stats sheet color because it was killing my eyes and corrected wrong formula of electricity needed in the Electricity sheet

Sources :

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/118463-maximizing-mining-operational-efficiency-with-math-and-spreadsheets/

And the KSP wiki.

Edited by PrimoDev
Updated

Well now I feel like some kind of troglodyte with my "1 engineer, 2 small drills, 8 RTGs, and lift the ore to an orbital refinery" :(  Which does at least avoid the issues of long nights without solar, and massively reduces the number of batteries I need on either vessel :)  

Interesting thread in any case, I knew engineers were important, but this has impressed on me how much difference they make.

6 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Well now I feel like some kind of troglodyte with my "1 engineer, 2 small drills, 8 RTGs, and lift the ore to an orbital refinery" :(  Which does at least avoid the issues of long nights without solar, and massively reduces the number of batteries I need on either vessel :)  

Interesting thread in any case, I knew engineers were important, but this has impressed on me how much difference they make.

Thanks !

Yes, I also were surprised by these engineer's stats ! But seems legit as upgrading an engineer is actually long and difficult at the beginning.

However they help a lot in these situations !

Edited by PrimoDev

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.