[1.3.1] BDArmory Continued - Public BETA of v1.1.0 - Damage and Armor Overhaul

gomker

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

I saw the yellow lettering while ksp is loading say this "Thanx To @SpannerMonkey(smce) and @TheDog" Was this you all? :P 

Yup, that is from DCK

And the first easter egg has been found ... congrats :)

Question is can you catch them all :wink:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

I have noticed that unlike the latest release, the new beta has no efect on Kerbals. I shoot at them and they suffer no change on hitpoints or they tiny amout of armour. Simply put a vessel that can hold 2 Kerbals with a turret and proper ammo, got a kerbal on EVA and shoot at him, then repeat with the beta.

Edit: NVM i think it was a module manager bug

Edited by Riurik

Aaaaaand I'm getting a game freeze on load of a save or on the creation of a new save with this new one, probably because of incompatibility somewhere. The log file is here: is what I would like to say but right now it's getting late and I need to get some sleep and my internet is being terrible so I'll be uploading that tomorrow, full mod list is as follows: I'm currently running with: WW2 Warships (Outdated but still works for KSP 1.3.1, no parts used from that so I doubt that's the issue), Air Park, Airplane Plus with the Tweakscale patch and the Raster Prop Monitor patch, Atmosphere Autopilot, Auto-Asparagus, Aviation Cockpits, Aviator Arsenal (Outdated but still works, aircraft does not use said mod but I can confirm AI can use it), B9 Procedural Wings, Better Time Warp, Bluedog Design Bureau, BoomsticksRev 3 (Again, outdated, still works, no parts used on craft), Burn Together, CAL, Coffee Industries (Adds in two cockpits, seriously outdated but still works, am not using it for this craft though), Community Category Kit, Community Resource Pack, Contract Configurator, Contract Reward Modifier, Davon Supply, DCK, Destruction Effects, DMagic Science Animate, Dynamic Battery Storage, Editor Extensions Redux, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Firespitter (The complete package), Flexo Docking, FMRS, Fox Defense Contracts, FS Hangar Extender, Hangar Grid, Improved Chase Camera, JSI (Raster Prop Monitor), Kerbal Attachment System, Kerbal Aircraft Expansion, Kerbal Foundries, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, Kerbal Konstructs (Kerbinside Included), Kerbal Launch Vehicles, Hyperedit, Feline Utility Rover, Kethane, GN Drive, Kerbal Inventory System, KSP Wheel, Infernal Robotics, Maritime Pack, MechJeb 2, Mouse Aim Flight, MPUtils, Naval Artillery Systems, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Near Future Electrical (Near Future Props as well),  Not Enough Dakka, Final Frontier, North Kerbin Weaponry, Old School Turrets, P.E.W., Physics Range Extender, Planetary Base Systems, Procedural Parts, Quantum Struts Continued, RCS Build Aid, ReCoupler, Recovery Controller Plugin, Retractable Lifting Surface Plugin, Ship Effects Continued, Simple Logistics, Star Wars Mod by Skunkworks, Spanner Monkey's Mods (AFV, Armory, Marine, Stryker, and Industries), Speed Unit Changer, Station Parts Expansion, SXT, Trajectories, Space Age, Kerbal Alarm Clock, TweakScale, Vanguard Technologies Parachutes, Vessel Mover and Waypoint Manager and the new BDAc beta. Could be any of the above. Anyways, the .log file isn't that interesting, all it was at the end was reporting the KSI containers being loaded. CPU and RAM were still being used and CPU usage was fluctuating between 18-22% on and I-7 6700k so yeah, that's about all I can say for now, I'll post tomorrow about the full .log file.

On 16/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Riurik said:

I have noticed that unlike the latest release, the new beta has no efect on Kerbals. I shoot at them and they suffer no change on hitpoints or they tiny amout of armour. Simply put a vessel that can hold 2 Kerbals with a turret and proper ammo, got a kerbal on EVA and shoot at him, then repeat with the beta.

I did more testing in a clean KSP 1.3.1, with MM 3.0.1. and the beta. It seems that weapons ignore collisions if the hopely-explodely thing is less than 20 meters away, kerbal or not. The bullets simply pass and ignore the objet, doing no damage at all, they does not "overpenetrate" they ignore completely the objet. I'll put a imgur link of a screen that I hope pretty much self explain reproduction steps.

Spoiler

k07ezO1.png

Edited by Riurik

Alright, I downgraded back to BDArmory 1.0.0 but I'm still getting the freeze and then unresponsive program issue when I attempt to either load or create a new game. At this point I'm fairly certain its not BDArmory's problem anymore and it's something with my game but if anybody knows what the issue is, please help. Also, note I'm playing with MM 3.0.0 if that makes a difference. The game was working perfectly prior to this, I might need to do a complete reinstall of the game. Log file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hyY28MKbl1fQtTVYryC4_RFh3KDGEdBw/view?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, Andrewwang66 said:

BoomsticksRev 3 (Again, outdated, still works, no parts used on craft),

THAT should NOT be installed in KSP 1.3.1 and has been unsupported now for a good while  DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY .  As is clearly marked on the only place you can have obtained it from spacedock.   And under NO circumstances should SM armory and  Boomsticks be installed in the same game, they 90% identical and there's nothing in Boomsticks any use in this test . Uninstall it  immediately  NED, NAS  is not ready to be used in the BDA beta, NKD definitely not ready for this or 1.31. for that matter and yes it makes a difference.   You need to make a new install for use with BDA beta and only use mods that either have ZERO weapons, or those that STATE CLEARLY that they are indeed BDA beta ready . Using mods that aren't WILL cause problems even if they are not used on a craft.

4 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

THAT should NOT be installed in KSP 1.3.1 and has been unsupported now for a good while  DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY .  As is clearly marked on the only place you can have obtained it from spacedock.   And under NO circumstances should SM armory and  Boomsticks be installed in the same game, they 90% identical and there's nothing in Boomsticks any use in this test . Uninstall it  immediately  NED, NAS  is not ready to be used in the BDA beta, NKD definitely not ready for this or 1.31. for that matter and yes it makes a difference.   You need to make a new install for use with BDA beta and only use mods that either have ZERO weapons, or those that STATE CLEARLY that they are indeed BDA beta ready . Using mods that aren't WILL cause problems even if they are not used on a craft.

Well, I uninstalled BDAc 1.1.0 and went back to BDAc 1.0.0 but it seems like there are still issues with save loading, I used a fresh copy of KSP 1.3.1 and placed all my GameData files there and it seems like it is clearly something in my GameData. My game worked perfectly with BoomsticksRev 3 though, it still functioned even though it is outdated, though maybe that was just SM Armory.

Edit: Scratch that, definitely BoomsticksRev 3 still working on 1.0.0, I edited a file from there to create a tail gun for my aircraft and that worked as far as I know.

Edited by Andrewwang66

9 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

Edit: Scratch that, definitely BoomsticksRev 3 still working on 1.0.0, I edited a file from there to create a tail gun for my aircraft and that worked as far as I know.

Well as the guy who made Boomsticks i can tell you it's not working properly can't possibly be, NOT even in 1.3.1 bda release,  and I'd advise the guys to ignore any logs from you while you still have it installed

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Well as the guy who made Boomsticks i can tell you it's not working properly can't possibly be, NOT even in 1.3.1 bda release,  and I'd advise the guys to ignore any logs from you while you still have it installed

Alright, I'll uninstall Boomsticks but I still am encountering issues with loading saves. It's probably not an issue with BDAc so I'm currently working on reinstalling everything to make sure.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:23 AM, gomker said:

The Standard Warnings and Notes

• Use at your own risk, this is a beta build an will have issues. We recommend you test in an isolated copy of KSP. It is possible you could corrupt craft or saves, no guarantees. 

12 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

installing and 1.1.0 and then attempting to fix the issue by downgrading to 1.0.0

I would indeed expect there to be issues when downgrading and installing mods.  BDAc in particular as mentioned numerous times in this thread  is very different between the v1 release and the BETA . The beta writes a patch to pretty much every part in the game and uses modules that are not present in the release version .  It is very likely therefore that any craft involved in the BETA save and used in non beta will be plagued by module errors

It wasn't a save issue it was loading the saves in or creating a new save, neither would work on the new version so I attempted to return to 1.0.0, I guess my issues with the 1.0.0 version was probably to do with the fact that all these new files were installed. By the way, where would the patches be? I'm checking the .cfg files for the mods installed and I don't see any patches for them. I am reinstalling everything to make sure I isolate the issue to it being that. I probably should have backed up my GameData file but oh well, such is modding.

Edited by Andrewwang66

Your best bet is to back up your career save file (and hope it isn't borked), then completely reinstall... EVERYTHING. Make sure your mod's versions match. Having mismatched mod versions, especially when there are dependencies, is asking for trouble, and can easily screw your save.

Heed the very clearly marked warnings... or this will surely happen to you again.

Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Just now, TheKurgan said:

Your best bet is to back up your career save file (and hope it isn't borked), then completely reinstall... EVERYTHING. Make sure your mod's versions match. Having mismatched mod versions, especially when there are dependencies, is asking for trouble, and can easily screw your save.

Heed the very clearly marked warnings... or this will surely happen to you again.

Take it from someone who learned the hard way.

Yeah, I've done it a couple times before, I'm currently trying to completely reinstall.

17 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

just realise had this problem when i updated my BDarmory file 

9hLJfOi.png

when i click toggle, the jammer stat doesnt change to "true"

I57gUTv.png

here is what happen when i click "toggle"

AeRfm82.png

additional info from debug

what is wrong?

What version you running?

1 hour ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

version of ksp or BDarmory?

for BDarmory ver 1.1.0.29346_12112017

ksp 1.3.1 

Try the latest build - https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v1.1.0/BDArmory.1.1.0.26257_12192017.zip

I did not get the error on my test

wrjCBIY.png

Edited by gomker

5 hours ago, daniel l. said:

If I may suggest. Would it be possible for space missiles and an orbital dogfighting AI to be implemented?

I imagine this would be a difficult feature to implement, though.

These things you suggest have been discussed amongst the team as well as brought up by other users of BDAc .... might I suggest adding your ideas to our github issues page ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

We use the github issues tracker to keep a list of bugs and all the great ideas that come from the community since bug reports and enhancement ideas can and do get buried in forum threads

In regards to space missiles - by using procedural missiles you can design your own space based missile ... this functionality is already in BDAc and only requires procedural parts for you to utilize it

6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

These things you suggest have been discussed amongst the team as well as brought up by other users of BDAc .... might I suggest adding your ideas to our github issues page ... https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

We use the github issues tracker to keep a list of bugs and all the great ideas that come from the community since bug reports and enhancement ideas can and do get buried in forum threads

In regards to space missiles - by using procedural missiles you can design your own space based missile ... this functionality is already in BDAc and only requires procedural parts for you to utilize it

Ah, thank you. :) Go ahead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.