[1.3.1] BDArmory Continued - Public BETA of v1.1.0 - Damage and Armor Overhaul

gomker

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 4:58 AM, Acea said:

Would it possible to make guns with multiple pitch axes like main guns of Arethusa-class?

hms-belfast-1945-heavy-cruiser.png

Something like HMS Belfast's main weapon would be really cool, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to realize.

Not really sure on that one @SpannerMonkey(smce) would have to chime in on the turret part design aspect first

I good question I have. Would it be possible for satellites in orbit to send out GPS coordinates to their respective team?
While building on that note maybe see if the satellites could link with each other to send to teams station to broadcast out to units respectively.

8 hours ago, lancefoxcia said:

I good question I have. Would it be possible for satellites in orbit to send out GPS coordinates to their respective team?
While building on that note maybe see if the satellites could link with each other to send to teams station to broadcast out to units respectively.

I think, and the team can correct me if I'm wrong, but from discussions I've had with a few of them, they have been looking at this. However, when you get into space the game changes coordinates from planetside to space, so they have to find a way around all of that.

Hi re multi pitch/ weapon , not going to get into how the turrets actually work(as opposed to how it appears)  here as i think most here have a grasp .   So the short answer is,  given the modules we have today and the hierarchy of operation , sadly no , not without rewriting/ creating modules. 

The long answer was over a page in length and needs to be discussed with the team :)

On 1/14/2018 at 11:44 PM, lancefoxcia said:

as mentioned by @XOC2008 mentioned the main hurdle is the coordinate systems change for the PQS (from planet to orbit) Some mods have handled it, say mechjeb landing , but I am unsure as to the resolution or coordinate translation. The TLDR; is its a lot of work :) 

This issue is one I started to discuss some GPS feature updates https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/240

On 1/15/2018 at 8:59 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi re multi pitch/ weapon , not going to get into how the turrets actually work(as opposed to how it appears)  here as i think most here have a grasp .   So the short answer is,  given the modules we have today and the hierarchy of operation , sadly no , not without rewriting/ creating modules.

Wrong. Creating a multi-pitch turret using only ModuleTurret is impossible, yes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
Here's a dual-tiered 6 barrel Arethusa-style battery I threw together as an experiment.
CTJn5k7.png
Set up the turret something like this. It doesn't matter how many barrels there are or where they're located on the model or hierarchy.
The next step is making use of FXModuleConstrainPosition to slave the barrel assemblies to aimPitch:

MODULE
{
	name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
	matchRotation = true
	matchPosition = false
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block1
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block2
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block3
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block4
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block5
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block6
	}
}

The rest of the weapon .cfg is configured as normal.
dtrZmqQ.png

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

3 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Wrong. Creating a multi-pitch turret using only ModuleTurret is impossible, yes, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
Here's a dual-tiered 6 barrel Arethusa-style battery I threw together as an experiment.
CTJn5k7.png
Set up the turret something like this. It doesn't matter how many barrels there are or where they're located on the model or hierarchy.
The next step is making use of FXModuleConstrainPosition to slave the barrel assemblies to aimPitch:

MODULE
{
	name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
	matchRotation = true
	matchPosition = false
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block1
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block2
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block3
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block4
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block5
	}
	CONSTRAINFX
	{
		targetName = aimPitch
		moversName = Block6
	}
}

The rest of the weapon .cfg is configured as normal.
dtrZmqQ.png

Actually I got it wrong, it should be an Edinburg-class... but that's a really nice try. I'd give it a go.

May i make a request for a anti radiation missile like the HARM that is small enough to fit easily in a MK2 cargo bay for anti ship purposes? It doesnt have to be based on any real life missile. Just needs to work and fit in the cargo bay.

13 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

May i make a request for a anti radiation missile like the HARM that is small enough to fit easily in a MK2 cargo bay for anti ship purposes? It doesnt have to be based on any real life missile. Just needs to work and fit in the cargo bay.

As far as I know the BDAc team has no intention of adding more missile types as there are mods for that

It was decided awhile back that BDAc would be a base for other modders to build off of

Perhaps making a request to one of the many weapon system modders out there might get you what you are looking for ... Or you could create your own mod :)

38 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

As far as I know the BDAc team has no intention of adding more missile types as there are mods for that

It was decided awhile back that BDAc would be a base for other modders to build off of

Perhaps making a request to one of the many weapon system modders out there might get you what you are looking for ... Or you could create your own mod :)

ehh. No harm in asking i guess

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, astrain413 said:

Is there a way to disable the fire FX upon parts being destroyed? It's lagging my game like crazy and I've got a GTX 1060.

Decision has been made to turn this off for flight for now due to the performance lag (FX will sill be on for landed or splashed) 

There will also be a few options in settings.cfg 

MAX_FIRES_PER_VESSEL = 10
    FIRELIFETIME_IN_SECONDS = 90

Will be posting an update soon

Edited by gomker

Q31D5A8.jpg

This keeps happening no matter what weapon I fire with. The bullets simply stop dead before even hitting the craft. Using an automatic gun, it just ends up lagging the game after a while, going away on a reload.

Is this just a me problem or is this a known issue?

20 hours ago, harpwner said:

Q31D5A8.jpg

This keeps happening no matter what weapon I fire with. The bullets simply stop dead before even hitting the craft. Using an automatic gun, it just ends up lagging the game after a while, going away on a reload.

Is this just a me problem or is this a known issue?

That should not be happening, see if this build still gives you issues and do a complete refresh install.

If you still got problems send me your logs. Also if this is with your weapons send me an updated pack to your stuff for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/604oreas65t4sk9/BDArmory.1.1.0.40086_02112018.zip?dl=0

13 hours ago, Acea said:

Is it possible to give missiles with "torpedo = true" zero cruise phase thrust when they are not under water?

Can you pop me a git issue so I don't forget :) should be something I can get in for you , I just need to review the boost / cruise phase routines

First of all, I would like thank you for keeping this mod alive; this is one of my must-have mods, and I appreciate all the work you put into it. I'm super excited for the stable release of v1.1. I just have a minor complaint: dumb-fire missiles are extremely hard to aim. Therefore, I have a request: can you add an impact indicator crosshair (like the crosshairs displayed by a Hydra-70 rocket pod) to dumb-fire rockets? I'm working on a project to add various WW2 ordnance such as the HVAR dumb-fire rocket, and it's really hard to aim without crosshairs. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Am I correct in my understanding that the Beta modifies stock parts with an armor resource?

I don't install mods that modify stock parts, and I'm not going to bother maintaining a separate install just so I can play with BDA.

You are wrong, it is not a resource.

14 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Am I correct in my understanding that the Beta modifies stock parts with an armor resource?

No, it isn't a resource as one would expect but works essentially the same

14 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

I don't install mods that modify stock parts, and I'm not going to bother maintaining a separate install just so I can play with BDA.

Suit yourself, nobody is forcing you to use BDAc

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

No, it isn't a resource as one would expect but works essentially the same

Suit yourself, nobody is forcing you to use BDAc

Thank you for the answer.

I meant to say "part config modification that even if you strip the BDAc part off the craft, it is no longer shareable to someone without BDAc." Or would it just throw exceptions/nullrefs?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off salty--I know you guys are working very hard and diligently on this project, and that integrating with stock parts is essential to having a more rational damage system. (Although I would have preferred the separate-part DCK Armor route, even though it's less granular.)

(And I just went through all my mods--I'm going to be deleting a lot of cancer-causing MM configs.)

On 2/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, gomker said:

That should not be happening, see if this build still gives you issues and do a complete refresh install.

If you still got problems send me your logs. Also if this is with your weapons send me an updated pack to your stuff for testing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/604oreas65t4sk9/BDArmory.1.1.0.40086_02112018.zip?dl=0

Update: no good news I'm afraid

Completely reinstalled KSP from scratch, deleted all files and backed up my mods elsewhere. The only mod I have now is BDAc BETA.

Same issue, took a screenshot of the debug screen: yjgis2i.jpg QTb5HS3.jpg

Where would I find a full log? I could send that if I know where it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.