Jump to content

[1.3.1] BDArmory Continued - Public BETA of v1.1.0 - Damage and Armor Overhaul


gomker
 Share

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, harpwner said:

Update: no good news I'm afraid

Completely reinstalled KSP from scratch, deleted all files and backed up my mods elsewhere. The only mod I have now is BDAc BETA.

Same issue, took a screenshot of the debug screen: yjgis2i.jpg QTb5HS3.jpg

Where would I find a full log? I could send that if I know where it is.

in your root KSP folder (where KSPx64.exe is) there is a file called KSP.log ... we need this

Also in the same directiry there is a folder called KSP_x64_Data or something like that (not in fromt of a computer atm), inside tjat folder you will find output.log ... we need this too

Both have to be from a game you experience the errors in as these files are overwritten at KSP startup

Edited by DoctorDavinci
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

in your root KSP folder (where KSPx64.exe is) there is a file called KSP.log ... we need this

Also in the same directiry there is a folder called KSP_x64_Data or something like that (not in fromt of a computer atm), inside tjat folder you will find output.log ... we need this too

Both have to be from a game you experience the errors in as these files are overwritten at KSP startup

Here is KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zm4DqXfJ9UEfqi-JOdUBB4GSzAOK7PUJ/view?usp=sharing

And output.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ja_9x9507bB9en_aD9r_nTHdzNjbwhdK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Which weapon is doing this?

ModuleWeapon is throwing null and

[EXC 12:09:06.239] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BDArmory.Core.Services.ModuleDamageService.GetPartArmor_svc (.Part p)
	BDArmory.Core.Extension.PartExtensions.GetArmorThickness (.Part p)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.CalculateThickness (.Part hitPart, Single anglemultiplier)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.CalculateArmorPenetration (.Part hitPart, Single anglemultiplier, RaycastHit hit)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.FixedUpdate ()

 

This tells me that the weapon isn't configured correctly (whether config file or bullets defs .. unsure if/and/or)

My suggestion is to open an issue on our github with these logs and links to the weapon in question that you have on the craft as well as anything else you think is pertinent ... This is the best way for the whole team to see what is going on which is the first step in finding the root of your problem (posts can get lost on these forums)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Which weapon is doing this?

ModuleWeapon is throwing null and

[EXC 12:09:06.239] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	BDArmory.Core.Services.ModuleDamageService.GetPartArmor_svc (.Part p)
	BDArmory.Core.Extension.PartExtensions.GetArmorThickness (.Part p)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.CalculateThickness (.Part hitPart, Single anglemultiplier)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.CalculateArmorPenetration (.Part hitPart, Single anglemultiplier, RaycastHit hit)
	BDArmory.PooledBullet.FixedUpdate ()

 

This tells me that the weapon isn't configured correctly (whether config file or bullets defs .. unsure if/and/or)

My suggestion is to open an issue on our github with these logs and links to the weapon in question that you have on the craft as well as anything else you think is pertinent ... This is the best way for the whole team to see what is going on which is the first step in finding the root of your problem (posts can get lost on these forums)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

I almost opened the issue until...

I read through every bit of text in BDAc beta op and as it turns out what I was missing was Module Manager. Thankfully I caught that issue before posting on Github.

I recommend MM be included with the download if possible, or directly linked. Some people would make the same mistake I did and miss that detail entirely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, harpwner said:

I almost opened the issue until...

I read through every bit of text in BDAc beta op and as it turns out what I was missing was Module Manager. Thankfully I caught that issue before posting on Github.

I recommend MM be included with the download if possible, or directly linked. Some people would make the same mistake I did and miss that detail entirely.

Sometimes it is the simple things that make you loose brain cells ... glad you fixed the issue :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will we ever get a system where we can link different guard mode systems to different guns on the same craft? It would be useful because WW2 bombers could have gunners all targeting different aircraft at the same time or a destroyer shooting at other ships and at the same time shooting AA guns at aircraft.

I ask this because the current guard mode system only lets the craft shoot at 1 target at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, astrain413 said:

Will we ever get a system where we can link different guard mode systems to different guns on the same craft? It would be useful because WW2 bombers could have gunners all targeting different aircraft at the same time or a destroyer shooting at other ships and at the same time shooting AA guns at aircraft.

I ask this because the current guard mode system only lets the craft shoot at 1 target at a time.

If you review our github issue section you will see that this has been already request several times :)

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been testing out the Mk82 Bombs (norm and Snake eye) and have been noticing they don't always detonate when they impact the planet surface.

It seems to be about 50/50 and I'm unsure why. I've changed their detonation range from 0 to 7 metres, but results have not improved.dud.PNG
dud2.PNG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Will there ever be a way to do space battles with BDArmory again? My bullets just fling themself outward when I have a enemy lined up.

I heard that the bullets/projectiles fire relative to the surface of the planet, not relative to the velocity and heading of the craft. 

Is this true? This may do serious issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

If I may point out. The BD-Armory actually worked fine in space once. It was all the Kerbin-centric hyper-realism updates that came afterward that broke space combat. In that case, would it be possible to simply port some of the old code to 1.4.1 and release it separately so us space-battlers can have a working mod?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dreadanaught said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does BD armory work with 1.4.x?

No, only compatible with KSP v1.3.1 or v1.3.0

On 16/03/2018 at 12:23 AM, daniel l. said:

If I may point out. The BD-Armory actually worked fine in space once. It was all the Kerbin-centric hyper-realism updates that came afterward that broke space combat. In that case, would it be possible to simply port some of the old code to 1.4.1 and release it separately so us space-battlers can have a working mod?

Could you advise me of the BDA version you are referring to?

I have archived pretty much every version there has been and I would like to compare the versions to see what changed

Although I have never personally been able to get BDA to work in space without a whole lot of setting up the perfect scenario, I would love to have someone show me which BDA version was able to do space battles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2018 at 6:55 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

Could you advise me of the BDA version you are referring to?

I have archived pretty much every version there has been and I would like to compare the versions to see what changed

Although I have never personally been able to get BDA to work in space without a whole lot of setting up the perfect scenario, I would love to have someone show me which BDA version was able to do space battles

As I'm unable to find any downloads for BDA prior to the addition of radar, though I believe Space Combat still worked afterwards for a few releases. The oldest version on my HDD is 0.9.9.1 -- here's the dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2v7ahs5nj97gbr9/BahamutoDs_Armory-0.9.9.1.zip?dl=0

I believe that should work in space. I'll go see if I still have any of the pre-radar releases. I've got a backup HDD laying around somewhere with numerous installs of KSP from 0.23 to 1.0 -- many of which have BDA of one version or another.

In case you do have the pre-radar releases already, I believe 0.7 would probably be a good one to start with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...