KSP Challenge: A Very Kerbal Kerismus Challenge!

Darth Badie

3 minutes ago, alekkat said:

Okay, where do i make attachments and where do i get my badges.

You will be sent the badge in private message by Baddie Darth Baddie at some point, typically after the challenge is over. You can copy it, then go to account settings --> signature and paste it there. By right clicking it, or double clicking, I forget which exactly, you can then see options for resizing it and such.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

@alekkat

Typically people resize the badges for display in signatures.  That "badge" you put in your signature is actually a Mission Flag, that you can copy into a game folder. It's already the exact 256x160 size required for flags in the game.  If you want to put it in your signature I'd suggest maybe resizing it to maybe a 50 to 75 pixel height.  For the badges in my signature below, I sized them all to 75 pixel height.  Also, I assign links to all my badges to point to the accomplishment or thread of interest.

In your KSP GameData folder, make a directory called "_MyStuff" and add a folder called "Flags" and put the gift flag .png file into that directory.  Then start your game, and it will appear as a mission flag you can use in the game.

Edited by XLjedi

3 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

You will be sent the badge in private message by Baddie Darth Baddie at some point, typically after the challenge is over. You can copy it, then go to account settings --> signature and paste it there. By right clicking it, or double clicking, I forget which exactly, you can then see options for resizing it and such.

Since the badges have been completed... and are seasonal in nature...  I have permission to distribute them at any time. 

Just depends if anyone would like to have theirs now?

6 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Don't tell Bob I've made him a telescope. He will of course love it as a space scientist.

@XLjedi since I also made a gift for Val, can I use both these gifts I created? I am of course going to share them both on KerbalX.

Wow, those are clever legs! 

The rules are specific in that you only get to post one gift for the "Better to Give" badge. 

We just need one for Bill or Val posted now...

True... Also now that I think about it Bob also might get disappointed if St. Nik played favorites and gave Val a giant present and him the it bitty telescope too. :P Maybe Val can get her everywhere-with-less-atmo-than-Kerbin lander next year.

Edit: though if presents for Val don't show up soon, I might go with her gift as I believe there was a science lab rover earlier in this thread for Bob.

4 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

True... Also now that I think about it Bob also might get disappointed if St. Nik played favorites and gave Val a giant present and him the it bitty telescope too. :P Maybe Val can get her everywhere-with-less-atmo-than-Kerbin lander next year.

Edit: though if presents for Val don't show up soon, I might go with her gift as I believe there was a science lab rover earlier in this thread for Bob.

Can't help but wonder what's in that big gift box though...  maybe you could just post some pics for fun?

1 hour ago, Darth Badie said:

January 2nd :wink: 

OK.... Jan. 2nd is still good. I'm trying to get my next Emiko chapter done by Christmas at the latest, and not ending the Challenge until the 2nd will still give me a few days to play around with it. Thanks!!!

Edited by Just Jim

8sVwkgg.jpg

g8paI8v.jpg

Assuming an adequate ore deposit is targeted for the landing spot, this thing can SSTO from anything with less atmosphere than Kerbin. So Laythe, Duna, Tylo, Mun, Vall, etc. Don't worry about the drill apparently not touching the surface. The suspension is squishy enough that the weight will allow it to touch the ground. Val likes piloting and exploring the places, so she'll enjoy using this for those purposes, as well as to just get away from the others every now and then.

Edit: Pictures are not quite up to date, fixed radiator panels have been replaced with the extendable type.

O' Minmus Tree

GmP6GMu.png

Night Launch (here without Fairing)

4aqEg0n.png

Orbital attatchment (ornament at the bottom)

Uw04VN7.png

Minmus landing with detaching of the skycrane

rwP5VJ2.png

Lighting ceremony with burning star !

Shuttle for delivering the crew and table:

Spoiler

b28sGuJ.png

This is my hundret post, niice:D

Edited by Nightfury

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.