KSP Challenge: A Very Kerbal Kerismus Challenge!

Darth Badie

Bill is the resident engineer, so he probably like to tinker with things right? In order to protect the KSC's more expensive things, I've made a tiny little RC car for him to mess around with. It goes slowly, so it probably won't kill anyone. Oh wait. I hear Jeb suggesting to stick a jet in it...

YRUa4Qi.png

Download here!

Edited by qzgy

3 hours ago, XLjedi said:

@EpicSpaceTroll139 Did you ever post your cool telescope?

I'll upload the telescope separate from the Kerismus challenge in a bit. I ended up going with a new small gift for Val so that there are gifts available for all the Kerbals in time for Kerismus

Introducing my official Kerismus Gift: the Toy LM!

yKSWo9N.jpg

As a pilot, I'm sure Val will love flying this model from that game she likes to play called "Human Space Program."

Buy one for here for you kerbals today!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
Official Present

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I love the dance... and I have got to check this mod out..

That was done by having each kerbal follow each other. With the EVA Follower plugin installed, right-click on a kerbal you're not controlling and pick 'Follow me.' From back to front I had Rick follow Jann, then Jann follow Bjarni, and so on up the chain to Doug following Bob.

I first saw Cupcake Landers use that and it added a lot of life to a scene.

1 minute ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

That was done by having each kerbal follow each other. With the EVA Follower plugin installed, right-click on a kerbal you're not controlling and pick 'Follow me.' From back to front I had Rick follow Jann, then Jann follow Bjarni, and so on up the chain to Doug following Bob.

I first saw Cupcake Landers use that and it added a lot of life to a scene.

I can't count how many times I've done Emiko Screenshots where I had to walk one Kerbal a ways, then a 2nd, then a 3rd, and try to make them look like they were following each other. This would be super handy to have!!! Thanks!!!  :D

Hey folks

To be honest, I didn´t think I would participate in this challenge, because I had absolutely no idea what to build for this one, but after a LOT of glogg at the local christmas market I suddenly had a very stupid and silly picture in my head...

IZV8jVt.png

This must be Kerbins first Christmas-Tree-Topping-Star Destroyer. The "Celebrator". Here shortly after docking with the topping.

Launching it was really, really, stupidly hard...

vhfHR38.png

...landing - not so much.

o0BTMdM.png

So Merry Christmas everybody. May you have the most wonderful time of the year (and not too much stress with your relatives :wink:).

Lg9wEZz.png

26 minutes ago, KerrMü said:

To be honest, I didn´t think I would participate in this challenge, because I had absolutely no idea what to build for this one, but after a LOT of glogg at the local christmas market I suddenly had a very stupid and silly picture in my head...

Spoiler

14 hours ago, KerrMü said:

Hey folks

<snip>

This must be Kerbins first Christmas-Tree-Topping-Star Destroyer. The "Celebrator". Here shortly after docking with the topping.

Launching it was really, really, stupidly hard...

<snip>

...landing - not so much.

<snip>

So Merry Christmas everybody. May you have the most wonderful time of the year (and not too much stress with your relatives :wink:).

<snip>

Spoiler

(I do not claim ownership of the above content)

Anyways, I'm currently packaging the gifts and loading them onto Santa's sleigh. Not sure if I'll be able to get the video out tomorrow, but I should have it out in time for the deadline. I am having a minor problem though: My game freezes shortly before the parachutes are to open on test runs of Kringle's gift. :/ 

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

HlZdQ45.png

Lift off!

ktQYRIH.png

Docked in space. (My first ever "proper" docking!)

yWtf5c4.png

More fuel than I expected left so here we are landing on the second stage.

kvtFkaZ.png

Success! I was quite happy with the very tree-like shadow.

bP5Khfn.png

The lighting of the star.

Spoiler

Caroling around the tree. Here's what they are singing.

Jebediah has everything he could want.  Big rockets, adoring crowds, friends.  But sometimes, he wants to be alone.  Alone to rest, alone to thing about the next big thing he wants to do.  But he doesn't have any place to go for his downtime.

Until now.

Valentina, Bob, Bill, Wernher, and all the other kerbals got together to give him a really special present.  Something that no one else in the world has.

His very own cabin, with all the comforts of home.

On Minmus.

Jebediah looks so happy in this picture:

HcYMrNL.png

Here is the journey of the cabin from Kerbin to Minmus

Spoiler

PuckY2J.png

vuY1Is4.png

8E9HH0I.png

MTkUt2M.png

KXgkuBz.png

HcYMrNL.png

CRAjE7D.png

iaNX4cP.png

AlMZEeC.png

Let's take a look inside with Jeb:

Spoiler

At the front door:

taAznSV.png

Jeb is so excited to go inside:

xSI9hka.png

In the main cabin

G89E4nA.png

The shower:

AyKbjrq.png

At his desk/table:

m5KlbSy.png

At the stove:

Ss3IR8Y.png

Another view of the cabin.  The desk is to the left, right behind him is the ladder to the loft, refrigerator just to his right and the stove/cooking area to the right:

fiorsNx.png

Let's see what's upstairs:

SXPLWwB.png

Wow!  Here are the brains of the cabin!

JFvbKro.png

Looking down the ladder:

24JfnyK.png

Looking at the sanitary facilities:

o4JtzMf.png

The cabin is totally stock, 193 parts including the landing engines.  Without the engines, 185 parts.  There is a docking adapter at the rear of the cabin (you can see it in one of the images showing the cabin being flown to be delivered.

Downloadable from KerbalX:  https://kerbalx.com/linuxgurugamer/Jebs-Cabin

Edited by linuxgurugamer

41 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

The Mun is one thing, Eve though... Also you cannot time warp while on ladders and a command seat slashes the TWR.

What caught my interest is that they were able to depart from Kerbin!   If it can overcome Eve's gravity...  the only need is to climb back into orbit; not traverse the planets.  I don't see time warp as an issue. 

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.