A new Kraken?

Jeb federation

I may have come across a new Kraken whilst doing a stock tank battle In 1.2.2. I had two tanks that weighed about 30 t apiece, both armed with some i beam rockets. The rockets were the typical I beam + two sepratrons and could reach speeds of about 300ms at about 1000 meters range. I had been playing around with these tanks shooting each other with i beam rockets and I had done this a few times previously with nothing unusual happening. This time I had aimed tank A at tank B and fired a rocket. Tank B was 200 meters away from Tank A and going 0ms, the rocket was probably going around 200ms. The rocket missed and eventually hit the ground almost a km away. I moved tank A a little closer to get a better shot. But as I was moving tank A, tank B all of the sudden went from 0ms to 300 or something in one second and travel about 200 to 250 meters. Something popped inside the tank, I never found what it was but other than that the tank was OK. My figuring is that the game somehow confused the current speed of the rocket (300ms) with the current speed of tank B (0ms). I've tried to replicate this many times but have not been able to. I don't know if this is a known Kraken or not ,but if it isn't, I have name for it  "0 to 60 Kraken"

1 hour ago, Corona688 said:

That could have been the wheel / landing leg kraken.  Sometimes when you load a ship, or approach a different ship, on load its wheels will clip under the ground a bit and repel it into the air.

Well it didn't fly, just skidded forward across the ground really fast. And I forgot to mention that the brakes were on at the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.