Liquid Fuel SSTOs

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I think the challenge is most Kerbals to orbit for lowest mass, but I'm not 100% sure on that yet lol.

The OP never specified anything past "make an all liquid SSTO."

The OP specified "make an all-liquid SSTO" and I suggested we score it based on either "lowest mass/kerbal to LKO" or "lowest part count" or "lowest part count, with ties broken by lowest mass".

8 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

The OP specified "make an all-liquid SSTO" and I suggested we score it based on either "lowest mass/kerbal to LKO" or "lowest part count" or "lowest part count, with ties broken by lowest mass".

I like said suggestion, but we can't exactly force the OP to enforce the rule, or update his thread.

Maybe if he doesn't show back up in a few days or so; someone should make a new liquid fuel SSTO challenge with more clearly defined rules and a scoreboard.

• 2 years later...
On 12/16/2017 at 2:27 AM, *MajorTom* said:

sometimes i like to do apart flight SSTO.... it is usually have 4-5 km dV to distant flight return back redock and landing... so... here for this challenge

and peoples i really hate R.A.P.I.E.R.s ...so no rapiers... hypersonic flight on "Whiplash" is better for me...

44c0b40529ca.jpg

there is no real reason to move atm.engines...intaKes and wings to another planet isn't it? maybe this is the one od good design to ssto (because nothing else but pure fuel/nuKe engine/sol panel) on main mission

ps: @sevenperforce :)-    

i actually made a mini-ish (sub 15t) SSTO with the same concept (expendable airbreathing boosters)

I actually prefer all-LF SSTO craft because they have a lot more delta-v in orbit.

Here's one that I made for the orbital relay race challenge. With the expendable side boosters this craft can reach orbit 7 times in a row without refueling. Without the side boosters the craft can reach orbit 4 times in a row

https://imgur.com/a/wAWNXAS

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.