• Abandoned KSC (No)
    • Wind Tunnel (Yes)
    • Wind Tunnel (No)
    • Airport [2] (Yes) see post
    • Airport [2] (No) see post
    • Taxes (Yes)
    • Taxes (No)

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

To be fair; Kerbals don't need communications back home, or electric charge to function. This makes them far easier to use in places where you have no infrastructure or communications networks, or possibly even sunlight.

They have infinitely refillable EVA packs so they are basically a tiny little vehicle that can detach from the main craft and go scouting, plant flags, crew reports, surface samples, EVA reports, push objects, etc...

Plus: THEY HAVE THEIR OWN FLASHLIGHT! How cool is that?

I didn't say they didn't have benifits but they are weak when it comes to reality. What do they do for the majority of the mission... stare at a wall... what do real astronauts do for the majority of a mission drink, sleep, eat do science

Also this is closed now please see my post about Kerbal Infrastructure it's better

Are you sick of having science with nothing to use it for? Read this suggestion and comment below

We all know it Kerbin is pretty dull with except for KSC. We also know that we are gettin that ability to launch from anywhere with Making History. That being said it is still dull. What if you could construct a new KSC and Repair Baikonuber Kosmodrome with excess science ANYWHERE on the planet on any terrain. You could add as many launch sites at you want with as many VABs and any other building. What if you could construct building of your own design by merging existing buildings from your selection. Kerbin Infrastructure is dull and is completely unable to support a space program. Even though this isn't exactly the purpose of the game After awhile Launching and repeating the mission over and over again can become annoying which leaves three options quit KSP (Don't do it) Start a new save or continue... being bored. What if these space missions had effects back on Kerbin. Not just for the Kerbal Space Program (KS Program) 

Contructing a new building would take the same amount of credits as they do now except they also cost 200 Science for each upgrade. This way once most objectives have been completed in career your not left with a empty program with no meaning.

For sandbox you will be charged only Science and no credits. This would be a great way to introduce a form of accomplishment/science to sandbox instead of mindless launching. Also these buildings would light up at night making Kerbin more alive from orbit. On a form of sandbox science read my post on "Improving Kerbals and Associated Programs" (Below)

Yes I'm sure their is a mod for this but it would be good in the stock game because it provides functionality to science in career that is overflow and something else to do in sandbox and science mode. 

Another strcuture possibility is a Landing Zone. The Landing Zone is practically a helicopter pad just bigger. It has a Flag type marker with a target marker. This gives the ability for Falcon 9 Style Landings

The Vacuum Chamber is like a Planetarium in Shape it puts your craft into a void for testing, it is weightless and without pressure except has no stars nothing just the craft. 

The Boat Slip lets you put craft directly into the water for whatever purposes Basically a VAB but for Boats

Polar Station is a way to get science 100 science every Kerbin day for use later BUT Cost 500,000 Credits and 2500 Science.

Abandoned KSC 

The Same KSC we all know but but in the destruction graphic (no fire) 

Located Near Desert

Factory System (Vote for Airports and Railorads in Poll you are voting for Factory)

Place a order for parts they come (maximum parts per shipment are five) When you place a part they are added to (your free inventory) Free Inventory is when you get a Certain amount of parts for free. So if I place 4 engines but have 3 free inventory of that specific engine then. If I have 2 free inventory they I get 2 for free. This way the factories don't limit your creative ability they just give you free parts. He is a scenario

Place order for 5 RS-25s via air 

factory is 100 Miles Away. 

I pay 10,000 Credits and 50 Science

50 Kerbin Minutes Later I get 5 KS-25 Vectors

Now I build a rocket with 9 KS-25 Vectors with the first five as free

Kerbin Air (Airports in Poll)  is the Most expensive form of Transportation It cost 10,000 Credits and 50 Science for each flight 10 times faster than Rail Takes 1 30 seconds per each mile.

Railroads are the least form of Transportation It cost 7,500 credits and 50 Science for each shipment

shipments take 5 Kerbin minutes per each mile .

Their should be an additional structure to the old space center (Baikonuber) called "Research Lab" the Research Lab can allow you to make your own rocket engines and tanks with your own statistics. It would use a model so if I wanted to model it after the biggest tank that would be the color scheme if I wanted the orange tank that would also be the color scheme. This way instead of squad being forced to make new engines they can focus on other things and we get to run OUR OWN R&D Facility We don't unlock things we make them from templates of current stock parts. So If I was to make a Space shuttle Maine engine less powerful and less fuel consuming with less gimble I can do that and change its texture at will. So the "Research Lab" Consumes Science and doesn't make it. Also maby a test stand at Baikonuber this way it just isn't some new launch site it's useful, to unlock it both the R&D Facility and Launchpad at KSC need to be fully upgraded. What do you think.

Note: Due to Popular Replies on my previous threads The Research Lab is basically 3d Photoshop. Using current stock parts as a template and then editing size of it would be good. A calculator would find its size and calculate thrust weight cost etc. Perhaps research lab parts could cost 25% more than normal. That's the simple version of the lab

The complex version, which I prefer is would add a node tool which would allow you to drag parts of a rocket part in out up down etc. 

Improvement of Kerbals

I wrote this comment on a previous thread and though I should continue the discussion about Kerbals here

Veteran Training or "Intensive Training" 

Required: Intermeditate Training

Personally I think that this should be improved upon where Kerbals can receive "intensive training" (which would cost credits and science) this so called "training" would take place in the astronaut complex it would display a video of a Kerbal doing so Kerbal things with a queue for intensive training only or something like that and then three Kerbals (Gene, Werner and Jeb) Hand the Kerbal a Orange Suit and then the Kerbal is like ahhh ( this is the face of the recipient :) ) in the video he come out of the complex with the theme song and walking out to look a a rocket launch (a prerecoreded Launch) 

That Would be the plot of the video. 

This way we can have accurate Shuttle Launches with a full compliment of 7 orange jump suits or more.

I do however however want to highlight that making a Kerbal go through intensive training wouldn't be a bad thing like maby a mandatory 10 Successful Recoveries and 100 Science Collected so orange jump suits can't be be bought with each new Kerbal so they still feel like special and like actual veterans, I don't want Jen Bob Bill and Valinitina (sorry for spelling) to lose their appeal for special launches or missions because of their veteran status. It should feel like a accomplishment to the player too (that they managed to keep their Kerbal alive for 10 missions and collect 100 science with that specific Kerbal)

Note: Ten Missions AFTER Intermediate Training is completed and 100 Science AFTER Intermediate training is completed

I think training should take 14 Kerbal Days and cost 25,000 credits with 25 science to train them. THIS SHOULD APPLY TO SANDBOX TO AND HERE IS WHY! ... The Reason the science and training times would apply to sandbox it it gives a purpose to playing sandbox... To better outfit your space program not just to build space stations but to better Kerbin it feels more accomplishing...

Lastly I think Veteran Kerbals should be given a bigger EVA Suit similarly to the original and not the backup/emergency ones the astronauts use today. They should be able to hold 15 units of EVA Propellant instead of five. I know this may seem ridiculous over a suit but that being said their are some legitimate reasons for wanting to put Kerbals though this "training program" if this idea is taken into account. Also EVA Propellant is consumed 25% Slower And a Additional 5% science is gained Per EACH experiment/observation is taken into the craft or transmitted

Intermediate Training 

Intermediate Training would take 10,000 Credits to complete and 15 science Astronauts will be given a blue uniform to advance a level Training will take 7 Kerbal Days 

The benefits of this are:

10 Units of EVA Propellant compared to 5 

EVA Propellant is consumed 15% Slower

An Additional 2% Science is gained per EACH Experiment/observation taken into the craft 

For both Classes of a Kerbals: Their can be Kerbal Classes so multiple of Intermediate(Blue Uniform modelled after Boeing I think it is)  and Veteran(orange) trained at once. But once training begins you can't add anymore Kerbals until it's cancelled OR it's completed. Note: Both types of Kerbonaut are trained Seperately for example  so you can train say 7 Intermediates and 7 Veterans at the same time.

Files: When you click on a average joe Kerbonaut, intermediately trained Kerbonaut, or Veteran Kerbonaut they should all have a file saying completed missions, science recovered, and how many credits we gained directly because of their actions. Also if they have been trained they should have have a class number for example Class of Year 98. Lastly in this file a record if their other class members and where they are for example Deceased, MIA, Eating snacks at the Astronaut complex. 

Class Numbers and their importance:

If everyone is the entire class that is still available (not dead or MIA) and they are put onto a mission upon recovery of their craft a additional 10% Science should be granted for the reason they are more efficent because they have all worked together before and know each other (from a literal reasonable perspective) In gave it can just be All Easter snacks or something.

Requirements

3 Recoveries and 50 Science 

Finally their are the stock Kerbals (what's in the game now)

Note: For Both Intermediate and Veteran/Intensive Both requirements must be made past 70,000 Meters doing Multiple EVA Report and Recoveries from planes to cheat the system is not right so to combat this all of the requirements for the Kerbal (Science and Recoveries) Must Be in a mission and made a orbit with a Periapsis Above 70,000 Meters and then recovered back on kerbin. This should be implemented to SANDBOX because it gives a mission for Sandbox players who can't do contracts (topic for later day) Even the parts about science they should be added to Sandbox as well.

Please Comment Below with Question Comments concerns and made the Dev's see this 

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

Thanks for your feed back people please continue to vote to help the Dev's if the chose to implement this

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Is that good?

Ahaha ok sorry got it now 

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Thanks for your feed back people please continue to vote to help the Dev's if the chose to implement this

Ahaha ok sorry got it now 

Would you mind de separating them my actual suggestions are now not the main post but now a foot note

The "Improvement of Kerbals" stuff sounds redundant with Kerbal XP; both ideas individualize the characteristics of Kerbals based on their experiences. If you want to have more uniforms, you could just have them switch to blue uniforms at three stars and orange at five (for example).

As for the specific ideas,

• EVA fuel capacity boosts: No, please. Anyone is capable of crawling into a suit with a bigger tank.
  • EVA fuel efficiency boosts: No, please. The Kerbal is such an expert that he can affect the burning of chemicals through sheer force of will?

Here's an alternate suggestion: Give 4+ star Kerbals the ability to create maneuver nodes on EVA. They're so expert in space travel that they can do star chart calculations in their heads, without assistance of a ship's computer or ground control. How awesome would that be?

7 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

The "Improvement of Kerbals" stuff sounds redundant with Kerbal XP; both ideas individualize the characteristics of Kerbals based on their experiences. If you want to have more uniforms, you could just have them switch to blue uniforms at three stars and orange at five (for example).

As for the specific ideas,

• EVA fuel capacity boosts: No, please. Anyone is capable of crawling into a suit with a bigger tank.
  • EVA fuel efficiency boosts: No, please. The Kerbal is such an expert that he can affect the burning of chemicals through sheer force of will?

Here's an alternate suggestion: Give 4+ star Kerbals the ability to create maneuver nodes on EVA. They're so expert in space travel that they can do star chart calculations in their heads, without assistance of a ship's computer or ground control. How awesome would that be?

That's coming with the next update and the biggest buff is the science boost

9 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

This way instead of squad being forced to make new engines they can focus on other things

Squad would still have to code in the software to allow engines to be tweaked with. Overall I think it would be simpler to just keep adding new engines, all of them made with their own stats and unique textures.

On 12/14/2017 at 1:55 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Don't be too concerned, it's the nature of forums.

It's stop and go. Happens to every ones threads, just give it time.

I beg to differ. Not all threads die with time. Have you seen Ban the User Above You? It's been around for five years and it still doesn't die! :D

3 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

What do people dislike about the Boat Slip I'm just wondering

Like for spawning boats and stuff on the water?

I'm all for that. Turning gravity off and flying submarines out to the water is tedious as all heck. Even in real life they had plans to launch large rockets from underwater, it'd be neat to do something like that in KSP easily.

Making it an upgrade option maintains the focus of the game on space exploration so players aren't going "Huh...? Why would NASA need a Boat Slip?"

4 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I'm all for that. Turning gravity off and flying submarines out to the water is tedious as all heck. Even in real life they had plans to launch large rockets from underwater, it'd be neat to do something like that in KSP easily.

Making it an upgrade option maintains the focus of the game on space exploration so players aren't going "Huh...? Why would NASA need a Boat Slip?"

Agreed

8 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Agreed

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I understand this would be the one thing that violates physics in the game but this is a space program run by green people and with no factories and infrastructure

Physics is more important than lack of infrastructure in a physics simulator. The infrastructure isn’t there because it’s not needed, it wouldn’t add Much to gameplay and would decrease performance.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Physics is more important than lack of infrastructure in a physics simulator. The infrastructure isn’t there because it’s not needed, it wouldn’t add Much to gameplay and would decrease performance.

How would it decrease performance if it isn't being used during flight

7 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

How would it decrease performance if it isn't being used during flight

More static buildings decrease performance, pretty much wherever they are. There is a huge increase to loading times and some lag when around emplacements in the Kerbal Konstructs mod.

6 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

More static buildings decrease performance, pretty much wherever they are. There is a huge increase to loading times and some lag when around emplacements in the Kerbal Konstructs mod.

Technically, what with the exponential advance of computing power, KSP could be expanded far beyond what it is right now, but that day is not at all near. I some years, sure, maybe, but adding more buildings and things like that at this point would be counter productive. I would rather concentrate on optimizing and fixing the performance/bugs that currently exist. (Except the Kraken. Please don't take out the Kraken :D it adds more fun)

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Key word here is optional :) I understand but the factory is a empty strcuture about the size of an administration building. Etc. Maby the railroad is underground for "Safety" (Aka so it's just a function not a actual graphic.) The planes would be real because and so would the airports. But the airports are only like 1 At KSC 1 Near Baikonuber and 1 in between to their are 3 around the planet? Does that should good.? Their is only 1 Boat Slip and 3 Landing Zones. (So Falcon Heavy style can launch.)  Only 2 Polar Stations are allowed and have to be built in pre determined spots. So that's a grand total of 12 Free Standing Structures at minimum excluding Baikonuber and KSC 2 If the Dev's made it so they would only be lights to a graphic about 50,000 Meters and would fully load in at 15,000 Meters it might run better

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Key word here is optional :) I understand but the factory is a empty strcuture about the size of an administration building. Etc. Maby the railroad is underground for "Safety" (Aka so it's just a function not a actual graphic.) The planes would be real because and so would the airports. But the airports are only like 1 At KSC 1 Near Baikonuber and 1 in between to their are 3 around the planet? Does that should good.? Their is only 1 Boat Slip and 3 Landing Zones. (So Falcon Heavy style can launch.)  Only 2 Polar Stations are allowed and have to be built in pre determined spots. So that's a grand total of 12 Free Standing Structures at minimum excluding Baikonuber and KSC 2 If the Dev's made it so they would only be lights to a graphic about 50,000 Meters and would fully load in at 15,000 Meters it might run better

I’d rather have development time spent on things that add to the stock (sandbox) experience than things that would be optional or just turned off for the mode I play.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

I’d rather have development time spent on things that add to the stock (sandbox) experience than things that would be optional or just turned off for the mode I play.

I play Sandbox and would want everything implemted to sandbox That I suggested 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.