Updating

Sorry to hear you've been having problems!

As you have the store-bought version, you can update it at The KSP Store. If you have lost your old KSP store password then there is a facility to reset it.  If you no longer control your old email address but have a copy of the email receipt, then send an email to KSP Support explaining your problem, giving them your KSP Store Account email address (ie the old one you no longer control) and your Invoice ID. Note that the Invoice ID is NOT the Transaction ID and NOT the Receipt ID.

Once you have your store account updated, you can continue to update KSP from there.

There is no way to convert a store-bought copy to a Steam copy, unless you bought KSP before it came out on Steam in 2013 (iirc!). If you really want to run KSP through Steam and can afford it, then you will have to buy a second copy.

5 hours ago, UltraLink729 said:

So, I have the old KSP demo, new KSP demo, and normal $40 KSP. I am just asking, as I did not get KSP from steam so I have no email or password to give to update, how would I update the free version without an email or password? (Please don't ask me why I have all these versions...)

Just install the paid version  in another folder. KSP does not care about multiple installs, you can keep them (and use them) independently as long as you want. And it would be safer, as this would leave the old demo saves and craft files intact for you to return to in case of incompatibilities.

When you're happy with the new install, and are sure you have all your save/craft files, you can remove the demos without it affecting the paid install.

EDIT: as soon as I posted this, I noticed you specifically ask about updating the 'free version', whatever that means. I don't know of any free installs other than the demo, so I can't help with that.

Edited by swjr-swis
free version?

On 15/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, swjr-swis said:

EDIT: as soon as I posted this, I noticed you specifically ask about updating the 'free version', whatever that means. I don't know of any free installs other than the demo, so I can't help with that.

Oh, y'know the free version.. the $40 free version!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.