what do you do in your free time?

Rickert-A33

Drawing, Gaming, Reading, Travel to somewhere using bicycle, Thinking about new story or stuff to build in KSP, or simply stargazing at night

I'm a carefree person, so I'm just living with easygoing attitude:rolleyes:

Well, 'bois' I know means 'wood' in French. And checking out 'gurl', I find its definition to be a "Term of address between gay men or transgender women." It's an interesting choice of words. Glad to hear everything is ok.

My tip for you, is to play more KSP and concern yourself less with wood and gay / transgender greetings. At least here anyway.

Not the answer you were expecting, I'm sure. But, welcome to the forums!

31 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Well, 'bois' I know means 'wood' in French. And checking out 'gurl', I find its definition to be a "Term of address between gay men or transgender women." It's an interesting choice of words. Glad to hear everything is ok.

My tip for you, is to play more KSP and concern yourself less with wood and gay / transgender greetings. At least here anyway.

Not the answer you were expecting, I'm sure. But, welcome to the forums!

"Boi" is a slang way of spelling "boy."

"Gurl" is a slang way of spelling "girl."

I have no free time. Homework takes most of it.

When the weather is nice, I'm the world's nerdiest biker. I have an antique Vespa Sportique and a retro Royal Enfield Bullet.
When the weather is not nice, I hibernate and avoid going outdoors except to take in a movie with my favorite human. Hibernation activity is pretty standard; KSP, watching documentaries/ Steeler games, reading, etc.

Best,
-Slashy

The only other thing I'm doing right now, besides writing Emiko, is building a wooden ship model. The ship is called the "Charles W, Morgan", and I've put about 2 years into her, so far. Right now I'm getting ready to copperplate the keel, then I'll start laying the deck planks:

sKN8cR5.jpg

AKVFqZL.jpg

hAKJeON.jpg

6VTisbS.jpg

augPM6S.jpg

Edited by Just Jim

13 hours ago, Just Jim said:

The only other thing I'm doing right now, besides writing Emiko, is building a wooden ship model. The ship is called the "Charles W, Morgan", and I've put about 2 years into her, so far. Right now I'm getting ready to copperplate the keel, then I'll start laying the deck planks:

Wow, that's a really beautiful job. I hope to see the finished product! :cool:

14 hours ago, Just Jim said:

That is pretty incredible.  I can't even imagine the amount of patience needed for a hobby like that.  Could be nicely supplemented with a 3D printer. :wink:

10 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Wow, that's a really beautiful job. I hope to see the finished product! :cool:

10 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That is pretty incredible.  I can't even imagine the amount of patience needed for a hobby like that.  Could be nicely supplemented with a 3D printer. :wink:

Thank you! @LordFerret... I can't wait to see it as well... lol.

It's a very long term project, and nothing like a plastic model.But in a weird way, it's also the perfect kind of project for playing KSP. What I mean is you can only do a little of the model at a time, like the hull planking. When you're planking the hull, you can only lay in a couple at a time, then you have to wait for them to dry before moving onto the next set. Here's a couple good pics of the process:

4X8uWD4.jpg

VaKb6NV.jpg

Oh, @Geonovast... I'm not sure if a 3D printer would work, because each piece is steamed and shaped as I go along.

Anyway.. it takes quite literally a few weeks to plank the entire hull... and this is where KSP comes into it. After I got the hang of what I was doing, it only took 15-20 minutes to lay down a set of planks... often even less time. But then you have to wait for it to dry good... and giving it enough time is critical!!! So you play KSP!!!  Then, in about an hour, take a KSP break, lay down another set of planks, and go back to the game! hehehe

My next step is copper-plating the keel, and I'll most likely do it the same way, a few at a time, while taking KSP breaks... :)

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.