PΛLΞR BLUΞ DΘT - A KSP Story of First Contact (Prologue)

Kerbiter

Prologue

The day was December 16, 2017.

In a large room, among many other people, Jonathan Bell was analyzing the signals from a peculiar rock named 'Oumuamua.

"I don't seem to pick up anything," Jonathan said. Sitting next to him was Christopher, his coworker who was also analyzing the rock.

"Do you think we'll get to finding signals on these.. ever?" Christopher would say.

"Maybe," Jonathan uttered.

PΛLΞR BLUΞ DΘT

Edited by Kerbiter

PΛLΞR BLUΞ DΘT JULY 19 2036

Quinn Bell, a scientist on the Copernicus program, was in the control room for the space telescope. A machine-learning program was conducting an analysis on multiple star systems.

"Come on, DeepMind! The board said you're mega-quick! Just finish!" Quinn would say.

"Mr. Bell, you've said stuff like that 6 times. Have a Pepsi," The program's speech unit said with a robotic yet sassy voice.

Quinn would drink the Pepsi just about the time the results were actually finished.

"Finally!" Quinn shouted as he sent the results to others on the team. "Now to analyze."

As Quinn checked the results, he spat out his Pepsi.

"Oh god... Oh wow, this is a gold mine... There better be a press relea-" Quinn would say; however he was interrupted.

"Told you it was worth the wait," DeepMind would say.

Quinn would exit, casually drinking his Pepsi.

PΛLΞR BLUΞ DΘT JULY 20 2036

Jonathan Bell was sitting in his retirement house in sunny Galveston, Texas as he was watching Luna News Channel.

A segment was on about some boring thing (vice president was reported to constantly drink Diet Dr. ... Kelp? no) and all of a sudden–

whoooooooooooosh-BING!

The anchor would say: "This is a breaking news alert, we have some news from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

Scientists have used machine learning coupled with the Copernicus telescope to find the greatest galaxial discovery of the century."

Jonathan: Quinn! Quinn's on that team!

The retired father would call his son to ask him about the news.

*dial tone*

Quinn: Hey, dad.

Jonathan: Son, I saw on uh... Luna News, the telescope thing

Quinn: Yeah, we found one with water?

Jonathan: Frozen?

Quinn: Don't look like it.

Jonathan: Oh, my Quinn, you're doing great!

Quinn: Thanks, Dad. Bye.

Jonathan: Have a good day.

*disconnect*

*fade to black*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.